• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you spend $300-plus to have a 14-inch TV professionally calibrated?

shpankey

not an idiot
for a good calibration of a normal, regular TV, your should never pay over $200 (the going rate). but i wouldn't waste it on that TV. wait for about 3 months after you get your HDTV and ISF calibrate that.

P.S. ISF Calibration makes an absolutely HUGE difference in quality... I almost couldn't believe my eyes after having my 36" Sony Direct View HDTV ISF Calibrated. I almost want to make love to my TV when watching it... sometimes I just sit there in awe all night. It was well worth the $200 I paid for it... I wil do it on every TV I get from now on [ looking at you 1080p LCoS TV's! ;) ]

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
shpankey said:
for a good calibration of a normal, regular TV, your should never pay over $200 (the going rate). but i wouldn't waste it on that TV. wait for about 3 months after you get your HDTV and ISF calibrate that.

P.S. ISF Calibration makes an absolutely HUGE difference in quality... I almost couldn't believe my eyes after having my 36" Sony Direct View HDTV ISF Calibrated. I almost want to make love to my TV when watching it... sometimes I just sit there in awe all night. It was well worth the $200 I paid for it... I wil do it on every TV I get from now on [ looking at you 1080p LCoS TV's! ;) ]

Having a GOOD TV like yours professionally calibrated makes perfect sense. However, this now-legendary thread is about having a shit TV professionally calibrated. Which is the same as having cosmetic surgery to have your one inch cock doubled in length.

PS., Shawn is the guy who subsequently had his PSP stolen on the subway. While I am glad no harm came to him, I wish they had slapped some sense into him before they took off.

shpankey

not an idiot
Stinkles said:
Having a GOOD TV like yours professionally calibrated makes perfect sense. However, this now-legendary thread is about having a shit TV professionally calibrated. Which is the same as having cosmetic surgery to have your one inch cock doubled in length.
yes, which is what i said in my post...

Stinkles said:

Top Bottom