• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want VFXVeteran to Review PS5 graphics-tech exclusives?

Would you want VFXVeteran to review PS5/PC graphics tech exclusives

• Yes

Votes: 112 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 53.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 39 13.7%

• Total voters

VFXVeteran

Banned
Due to the response of the Sony base wanting to have fair reviewing from this thread:

I am entertaining the thought of buying a PS5 and selectively picking the cream of the crop exclusive games to review with an unbiased eye. If I would take on such an endeavor, I would absolutely need the confidence of the PS gamers on this board that I wouldn't be viewed as scrutinizing the games unfairly. In order to identify 'accurate' observation, I would use my inside contacts to make sure that what I'm seeing is correct. I'm a very critical reviewer because I've seen correct implementations for years in CG so keep that in mind with ANY of the realtime platforms today (including the PC). On top of that, another thought would be if the exclusive comes out on the PC. Would you want a head-to-head comparison or not?

Tschumi

I very much prefer the idea of a minimalist, clipped series with the kind of focus you're suggesting. I have no idea who you are but yeah, any such effort is fine by me~ just live up to it~

This is a question only you can answer.

Will you be able to stand the scrutiny done by fan following?

If yes, I say go for it. Maybe GAF could sponsor you for bringing quality content to their platform?

I personally wouldn't do it for free if I were giving my professional opinion.

Falc67

Yes, definitely. Do it for PS5, XSX and PC.

No one can really argue with you if you’ll be using your contacts (especially if they worked on the game) to make sure the information is correct.

Also, don’t just make your page about consoles, you can make it based around your work as well. Give in-depth insight into what you do etc. I’m personally interested about your work in film (The Matrix 👀).

Definitely! You know what you are talking about and have more experience than at least 99% of us. If you don't mind some rabid fanboys attacking you over some things they refuse to accept, then I'd say go for it! Great content is something we could all benefit from.

GHG

Honestly I don't see the point unless you can bring something new and unique to the table.

We already have DF, NX Gamer and now to a certain extent Cherno doing this type of analysis.

Why would your perspective be unique?

But I will say (regardless of what your answer is to the question above) if you want to do it, then do it, don't let any of us tell you otherwise. I'm a full believer in people doing what they want regardless of what other people think if they believe it will enrich their lives in any way.

Last edited:
with an unbiased eye.
iu

martino

if you can vulgarize better tech your qualification make us sure you comprehend , it will be a good thing.
Also we need an eye steeping completely from DA and comparing only tech.
Expect most biased people to not like you doing that (from all side)

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Sure, if only to use your threads to identify the hopeless fanboys.

to be fair no,we you know from reee here and the old gaf your hate for some sony studios will show ,if people freak out with DF you are the worst answer on that situation

Try working on being unbiased first.

Like those two and their matching tags. It's like being branded, only digital.

Freeman

Banned
Like those two and their matching tags. It's like being branded, only digital.
If they were distributed fairly more people would have them. Including this guy.

I'm yet to find out why I got this tag while someone that sends me hate PM and directly insults people don't.

Mods think you can't be down on Xbox without being a troll, almost as if there was no justification to think they are not doing a impressive job.

It comes down to Xbox users being insecure and probably reporting me way too much, trying to get me banned, as if I gave a shit. This forum should't be safeplace for Xbox fans in denial.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Do what you want and back up your opinions with evidence. You're not going to be able to please everyone, especially the fanboys (unless you say something they agree with).

GHG

Oh, that sounds like you don't agree with the mod's decision to brand you a dirty, dirty fanboy. Care to elaborate?

He already did so in the correct thread:

You can stop baiting now.

Most people might give you crap for this but I think it's a fine idea and up to you to make your voice distinct among the others. We have far more diversity in game reviews than we do tech analysis deep dives and there's no telling what extra voices could offer to that conversation. Personally I couldn't even tell you what qualifications DF have to do what they do, but I know yours and that makes it easier to contextualize your musings.

Zato

Banned
How about just not clicking into threads he starts.
There are others that would like to see his opinion mate.

Why? Who is he exactly? why we should care about his opinion?

He is well known for his anti Sony bias, its out there in his forum histories ......... even when he was here before the split.

The whole premise is horseshit based on that fact alone.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
You are biased to your rotten core.
Having said that we need different point of views, i am all against facebook and co censoring the shit out of conservatives cuz they dont like the message so as long as you can be BETTER than this alex idiot sure go ahead.

But the moment i see some retarded shrine of yours with candles lit i am out.

Wunray

I think you should do it, you seem to have a grasp on what you talk about and you should do it for all platforms as to not limit yourself.

Also do it for the salt.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Try it out for 1 game and see how many follow you, respond to it, etc. Just 1 video takes maybe 10 hours? Script, editing, etc. So you can just try it out, and if it's not worthwhile just stop.

Lanrutcon

Do it.

Look at what's crawling out of the woodwork. Just imagine the graveyards your review threads would turn into. Tags getting dealt left and right, passive aggressive stabs every hour, post histories scrutinized to the nth degree, mental gymnastics and sodium so crisp you practically taste the butt sweat.

Do iiiiiiiiit.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Do it.

Look at what's crawling out of the woodwork. Just imagine the graveyards your review threads would turn into. Tags getting dealt left and right, passive aggressive stabs every hour, post histories scrutinized to the nth degree, mental gymnastics and sodium so crisp you practically taste the butt sweat.

Do iiiiiiiiit.
So this is the plan huh 🤣 I'm kidding

Maybe

Yes, you should OP.... if you're motivated. The lane is there for you. Just make it in video form cause nobody cares about walls of text and bickering back and forth. Plus, if you screw up in video form, people will hold you accountable which only forces you to be more careful with your PC bias and forces you to stay as objective as possible........ that is, as far as a normal guy can discern.

Last edited:
If you can review all platforms with an truly unbiased opinion and not compare anything to movie quality CG assets then go for it, the more reviews the better.

Top Bottom