• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want VFXVeteran to Review PS5 graphics-tech exclusives?

Would you want VFXVeteran to review PS5/PC graphics tech exclusives

• Yes

Votes: 112 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 53.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 39 13.7%

• Total voters
Let's see one review of a huge game and then we can talk. I selected Yes, because so many times people will shout NO.
Test the waters, my friend. You shouldn't let the poll sway you. I say, test those waters.

Lethal01

Report me for trolling MS/Xbox threads > 07/02

I would be "biased" towards Microsoft if there weren't making extremely bad moves, but they are, so I make fun of them. VFX's bias on the other hand leads to him lying about specs and claiming trailers HAVE to be CGI and people claiming otherwise are dumb, then changing his mind the next day.

You're making some in this thread alone, pal.
I'm making claims you think are laughable, but I expect mokeys to laugh while they are busy playing with their shit, it doesn't prove much.

The fact that those laughable claims reflect on the vast most preferred narrative of this subforum and therefore you are being positively rewarded instead of being dogpiled like VFXVeteran VFXVeteran is almost everytime he speaks about Sony, isn't a reflection on your claims being less laughable, just a collective confirmation bias from which you feed from, making you believe that you somehow make less laughable claims that someone with the track record in the industry such as VFXVeteran VFXVeteran .

I don't think my claims are less laughable because people agree, they are less laughable because I used more than 3 braincells to make them. There are idiotic claims VFX made that get get love, didn't make them any less dumb.
I don't dislike VFX because he made one mistake or because he points out that PC graphics beat Sony's. I just remember that he can't go a couple weeks without be proven wrong and crying about bias.

So yeah, once again, I'm very aware of my biases, you just don't like that they aren't what you want them to be. But crying 'you're biased" 10 more times isn't gonna make it more true.

He's asking if people want to see his videos, There is evidence his bias leads him to talking nonsense constantly. I would give the same answer if the question was from someone I know has a ridiculous amount of bias against Microsoft, but this isn't about the state of the forum, it's about him. He asked for it to be about him.

Last edited:
Holy shit, "How to catch a fanboy 101", right here. It seems there is a common trend between those with warning tags under their names, and having hated towards OP. Biased voters want unbiased review, yet will call it biased if it doesn't go with their agenda.

Last edited:
Holy shit, "How to catch a fanboy 101", right here. It seems there is a common trend between those with warning tags under their names, and having hated towards OP. Biased voters want unbiased review, yet will call it biased if it doesn't go with their agenda.

wasn't the OP banned and on warning before? so by your logic, is the OP a fanboy and therefore biased?

VFX veteran doesnt have precisely a good reputation in beyond3d and is mentioned there his bias against sony and sony first party games, there are even people there that mention how here in GAF he try very hard to discredit PS4 exclusive games

of course VFXVeteran and his other self that he mention in third person, can make videos or posts or whatever he wants about whatever he wants, he doesnt need my permision or anyones, just dont try to discredit people opinion calling names for questioning how unbiased are his opinion of sony products and games specially when there are precedents

"How to catch a fanboy 101"

try google

Last edited:
wasn't the OP banned and on warning before? so by your logic, is the OP a fanboy and therefore biased?
If you were to guess the next Half Life #, and multiply it by itself, you would get a specific, yet bannable number. If the ps5 dropped (2 plus 2 is 4, minus 1 that's ...(x) quick maths) this percentage, it would get to that specific number of teraflops. Don't ask me how I know, just know it is what it is.

D0Hf8OT.jpg

Quick maths quote for reference

Essentially a misunderstanding between OP and mods.

Last edited:
If you were to guess the next Half Life #, and multiply it by itself, you would get a specific, yet bannable number. If the ps5 dropped (2 plus 2 is 4, minus 1 that's ...(x) quick maths) this percentage, it would get to that specific number of teraflops. Don't ask me how I know, just know it is what it is.

D0Hf8OT.jpg

Quick maths quote for reference

Essentially a misunderstanding between OP and mods.

so is just a misunderstanding when you decide it is but when anyone else is on notice or have been banned is because is a fanboy?

Last edited:
I voted Yes although I'm struggling to think of what PC exclusives would be around to compare to PS5 exclusives. Currently there's Star Citizen and Flight Simulator 2020, and the updated build of Bright Memory Infinite. But I think SC is getting console ports, no? And the latter two are definitely coming to Series X.

Maybe it's better to throw in Series X/PC to PS5 exclusives, and for the former you can break it down further if the PC version has notable gains/improvements over the Series X versions (which is prob bound to happen more often than not).

People might be surprised if there isn't quite as many of those comparisons as they may think; still think Sony's going to begin shortening PS5-to-PC ports deeper into next-gen, and increase the ratio of exclusives going to PC in the first place. That deal with Epic absolutely is going to involve Sony games on the EGS (that way Sony gets a much bigger revenue cut and probably even greater control over the process. This will also likely influence a lot more 1st-party of theirs rolling with UE5 over proprietary engines heading into next-gen).

I voted Yes although I'm struggling to think of what PC exclusives would be around to compare to PS5 exclusives. Currently there's Star Citizen and Flight Simulator 2020, and the updated build of Bright Memory Infinite. But I think SC is getting console ports, no? And the latter two are definitely coming to Series X.

Maybe it's better to throw in Series X/PC to PS5 exclusives, and for the former you can break it down further if the PC version has notable gains/improvements over the Series X versions (which is prob bound to happen more often than not).

People might be surprised if there isn't quite as many of those comparisons as they may think; still think Sony's going to begin shortening PS5-to-PC ports deeper into next-gen, and increase the ratio of exclusives going to PC in the first place. That deal with Epic absolutely is going to involve Sony games on the EGS (that way Sony gets a much bigger revenue cut and probably even greater control over the process. This will also likely influence a lot more 1st-party of theirs rolling with UE5 over proprietary engines heading into next-gen).

That's the problem with PC, for me, they have the biggest overall library but they don't really get AAA exclusives, if PC was a haven for shit like the original Crysis more often holy shit would I be flaunting being a PC gamer. I don't just have the best version of a multi-plat I have THE BEST LOOKING GAME. The PC is capable but few people are going to put in the budget to do it because the sales aren't really there, and that's not due to lack of popularity for PC gaming, it's because PC gamers are the ABSOLUTE WORST, from gray markets to sale-waiting to flat-out theft of games console gamers cannot begin to compare when they're most egregious crimes are normally buying a used game.

so is just a misunderstanding when you decide it is but when anyone else is on notice or have been banned is because is a fanboy?
I don't necessarily agree with the bans for it, as Cerny himself said the ps5 will not run %100 of the time. But then again having damage control is probably for the best, as we already see how a certain subset of these warriors automatically get triggered at the idea of VFXVeteran VFXVeteran using his knowledge of this area, to review Sony games.

They don't want digital foundry, or vfx, or anyone, who might criticize any flaw a game might exhibit. Basically if these warriors don't see a perfect 11 out of 10 score, they run to the pantry to pour Morton salt over their wounds. Which is fucking pathetic to say the least.

I don't necessarily agree with the bans for it, as Cerny himself said the ps5 will not run %100 of the time. But then again having damage control is probably for the best, as we already see how a certain subset of these warriors automatically get triggered at the idea of VFXVeteran VFXVeteran using his knowledge of this area, to review Sony games.

They don't want digital foundry, or vfx, or anyone, who might criticize any flaw a game might exhibit. Basically if these warriors don't see a perfect 11 out of 10 score, they run to the pantry to pour Morton salt over their wounds. Which is fucking pathetic to say the least.

Yeah but Cerny said it'd drop a few percentage points. A few percentage points IS interpretable but most people assume it isn't say... 5% because then he'd say "it drops as much as 5%", right?

Yeah but Cerny said it'd drop a few percentage points. A few percentage points IS interpretable but most people assume it isn't say... 5% because then he'd say "it drops as much as 5%", right?
As far as I am aware, he didn't say "a few", he said "a couple".
Whether it's a few or a couple points, doing the math for these scenarios, shouldn't warrant a ban. And that shouldn't be used against OP. It's irrelevant to this post and should have no weight in the situation.

Whether it's a few or a couple points, doing the math for these scenarios, shouldn't warrant a ban. And that shouldn't be used against OP. It's irrelevant to this post and should have no weight in the situation.

If your math is disingenuous to make the competition look worse then I don't really blame the mods, we don't really need that sort of FUD.

Why? What type of insight would you bring?

He would be an actual professional in the field for once. Digital Foundry are a bunch of youtubers with no education on the field, no experience in the field, no access to the code of any game, no inside information of a game. Yet they do "technical analysis" on games by the naked eye, based on reading some internet articles here and there and comparing screenshots. Thats utterly ridiculous and they have become this supposedly go to outlet for this type of info.

I remember durante tearing nxgamer several new assholes in 2017 i think, when reeee formed. I can only imagine how painful it must be as a professional in this field to watch youtubers that flip burgers for a living do "technical analysis" on games because they watched a video and compared 2 screenshots.

I don't necessarily agree with the bans for it, as Cerny himself said the ps5 will not run %100 of the time. But then again having damage control is probably for the best,
no game use 100% o of a system 100% of the time that apply to current consoles too, your game make frames and all your frames dont require take exactly 16 ms of work to finish just in time to display the game the complexity of scenes change per frame

as we already see how a certain subset of these warriors automatically get triggered at the idea of VFXVeteran VFXVeteran using his knowledge of this area, to review Sony games.

who is warrior triggered and who is a user genuinely questioning his opinion based on VFX veteran post history?

and how you know vfxveteran is not a fanboy too specially whe your own logic to identify a fanboy puts him in that category ?

so, if somebody in internet disagree then you label everybody who question an opinion or a review as warriors, fanboys, etc? maybe you dont understand what you are a saying here, that is fallacy, you know?

reviews in digital foundry are questionable because they dont treat each game in the same way or using the same metrics and procedures, you can see an analysis with a 400% zoom and make coments about it that they dont use in other games or they can refer to difference in resolution between 720p vs 695p as "massive" and then refer to a difference between 1080 vs 900p as "minimal" people have pointed they using a particular terminology to some effects that nobody else uses just for then later in an interview the developer of such game mentioning that temrminology as something they use internally as if they told DF what to say instead of DF coming up with their own conclusions of the effects involved in the game, if you dont have a standard way to analyze games obsiously there are people that will disagree fanboys or not and its a fair criticism

anybody can review game graphics but if you want to be recognized and respected you have to be fair and earn the respect not making questionable and biased remarks later to be proven wrong and then accuse people of being fanboy when they disagree with you , if you are a professional you dont call names you explain things

Last edited:
If your math is disingenuous to make the competition look worse then I don't really blame the mods, we don't really need that sort of FUD.
no game use 100% o of a system 100% of the time that apply to current consoles too, your game make frames and all your frames dont require take exactly 16 ms of work to finish just in time to display the game the complexity of scenes change per frame

who is warrior triggered and who is a user genuinely questioning his opinion based on VFX veteran post history?

and how you know vfxveteran is not a fanboy too specially whe your own logic to identify a fanboy puts him in that category ?

so, if somebody in internet disagree then you label everybody who question an opinion or a review as warriors, fanboys, etc? maybe you dont understand what you are a saying here, that is fallacy, you know?

reviews in digital foundry are questionable because they dont treat each game in the same way or using the same metrics and procedures, you can see an analysis with a 400% zoom and make coments about it that they dont use in other games or they can refer to difference in resolution between 720p vs 695p as "massive" and then refer to a difference between 1080 vs 900p as "minimal" people have pointed they using a particular terminology to some effects that nobody else uses just for then later in an interview the developer of such game using and explaining it as if they were told what to say instead of coming up with their own conclusions of the effects involved, they dont have a standard way to analyze games obsiously there are people that will disagree fanboys or not and its a fair criticism

anybody can review game graphics but if you want to be recognized you have to be fair and earn the respect not making questionable remarks later to be proven wrong and then accuse people of being fanboy when they disagree , if you are a professional you dont call names you explain things
It would be less than 3% to drop below 10TF. I'm not sure why you are so invested on something irrelevant to the thread to begin with? Why not ignore OP and this thread altogether if you are grasping at straws to try disprove OP somehow.

Last edited:
It would be less than 3% to drop below 10TF. I'm not sure why you are so invested on something irrelevant to the thread to begin with? Why not ignore OP and this thread altogether if you are grasping at straws to try disprove OP somehow.

Calling a console that drops to 9.99 a 9TF console is disingenuous, 9.99 is 10TF by rules of rounding. Guess what? Such rounding rules apply to MORE numbers EVEN LOWER than that... AMAZING, right?

Jon Neu

Banned
I would be "biased" towards Microsoft if there weren't making extremely bad moves, but they are, so I make fun of them.

See? This is one of those laughable things.

You criticize the bias in others without even wanting to recognize your own hatred bias and somehow disguided it as “I’m just criticizing bad moves!”.

Yeah, right.

But VFXVeteran VFXVeteran can’t critizice Sony games without being attacked because he has a bias. Am I right?

I'm making claims you think are laughable, but I expect mokeys to laugh while they are busy playing with their shit, it doesn't prove much

That’s exactly VFXVeteran VFXVeteran point and why he is making this thread, so the “mokeys” come and say to him that is laughable.

Funny, uh?

I don't think my claims are less laughable because people, they are less laughable because I used more than 3 braincells to make them

I think your maths are definitely off.

I don't dislike VFX because he made one mistake or because he points out that PC graphics beat Sony's

You dislike him the same way every other Sony fanboy here dislike him, using the same ad hominems and jumping on the same dogpiling.

Your accusations of him saying laughable things because he is biased in an attempt to discredit him, can only be possible because you must have evaporated all your self-awareness from your body to be capable to do so without realizing the irony of your attacks.

I never said there isnt higher res game on the PC. Im saying 6 years later on a hardware they said was outdated from the very first day gave us God of War 4 and Spiderman. And those games look absolutely stunning. So all this pro- pc master race talk how the next gen consoles are already going to be old hardware...yeah let me see a PC put out games like these for $500 on a runing late to the party HW. Also majority dont run their games on 4K and ultra graphics with RT becuase they dont have a $3000 PC. Most people i know still play 1080p on their little 23 ultra wide monitor. $500 consoles and 65" TV any day of the week.

What you guys are comparing is how a texture has been painted, or a sky has been colored. The art of the main character or some little detail like a holster moving in the wind, etc..

All of those things are just art direction and not technology. It's the most unfair comparison I've ever seen on these boards. You ignore that the textures look blurry on the ground halfway the distance from the character to the horizon due to low anisotropic filtering (4x). You ignore that the game doesn't run at true 4k resolution and you settle for the reconstruction technique. You ignore the low approximation of SSAO over a more sophisticated technique that shows better results like HBAO+. You ignore a crude approximation to SSS skin on the character which only shows around the ears and isn't physically correct instead of seeing a true SSS solution on the entire character and not just the ears., etc.. etc..

There is so much tech that hasn't been shown on the current gen games it's not even funny. And when you start to see these things this generation, you'll write it off as being technically superior when it's been done years ago on the PC.

Quoting from some other thread that turned into burning hell.

VFXVeteran basically wants to prove that all Sony first party stuff you are endlessly bragging about is basically art direction and not actually good graphics.

Take that as you will.

vaibhavpisal vaibhavpisal

So basically you are saying he wants to shit on good looking console games. Well that throws out the "biased" opinion on the topic. In the end, I think its even more moronic for someone to prove me wrong a game looks bad because its not REAL graphics, its tricks. Who gives a shit how its achieved??? The end result is great. Now we have HALO Infinite...oh we are using this dynamic lighting and time of day, its next level shit never before implemented in a game....oh but the end result looks like a game from 2005. *slow clap*.

Also lets get real here, this guy cant hold a candle to DF crew or NXgamer or whoever else he wants to go against. If my username was GraphicDesignerExpert, are you going to hold me in higher regard as well and think I know what Im talking about?

Also lets get real here, this guy cant hold a candle to DF crew or NXgamer or whoever else he wants to go against. If my username was GraphicDesignerExpert, are you going to hold me in higher regard as well and think I know what Im talking about?

The guy in the technical field cant hold a candle to youtubers with no experience, no expertise, no education, no acces to details and who do analysis based on youtube videos and screenshots ?

The guy in the technical field cant hold a candle to youtubers with no experience, no expertise, no education, no acces to details and who do analysis based on youtube videos and screenshots ?

You mean youtubers that DO HAVE expertise in the field. Did you ever watch any of their videos? They are technical, not some random youtuber, wow this game pretty/60fps ftw. They arent some random enthusiasts and youtube is not their only job. And they do have access to files because they are known in the industry. What access has VFXego? He is just one grunt out of 10.000. Comon at least do some background check. VFXveteran is a "self proclaimed veteran" for some brands. You do know that if you work at apple for example, jsut because you work there doesnt mean you are the guy responsible for the design and UI of a new iPhone?

Last edited:

So basically you are saying he wants to shit on good looking console games. Well that throws out the "biased" opinion on the topic. In the end, I think its even more moronic for someone to prove me wrong a game looks bad because its not REAL graphics, its tricks. Who gives a shit how its achieved??? The end result is great. Now we have HALO Infinite...oh we are using this dynamic lighting and time of day, its next level shit never before implemented in a game....oh but the end result looks like a game from 2005. *slow clap*.

I dont think he wants to shit on console games.

The way he will bare the details might make it look that way.

But I really dunno how he will proceed with it. He might praise them for running at all on ancient hardware for all i know.

You mean youtubers that DO HAVE expertise in the field. Did you ever watch any of their videos? They are technical, not some random youtuber, wow this game pretty/60fps ftw. They arent some random enthusiasts and youtube is not their only job. And they do have access to files because they are known in the industry. What access has VFXego? He is just one grunt out of 10.000. Comon at least do some background check. VFXveteran is a "self proclaimed veteran" for some brands. You do know that if you work at apple for example, jsut because you work there doesnt mean you are the guy responsible for the design and UI of a new iPhone?

no dude, they have ZERO expertise in the field. They are exactly that - youtubers. There are very rare instances when they do get access to tech details, i think on Battlefield 5 they had a dev talk to them and giving info - thats ok. Otherwise they are exactly that - enthusiast youtubers. They arent educated in computer graphics. They havent made a game. They havent worked at a gaming company. They are literally, fans of game technology, that started a youtube channel and site. And their "analysis" is looking with the naked eye at screenshots and videos. That they are held as some authority in the field is mind bogling.

no dude, they have ZERO expertise in the field. They are exactly that - youtubers. There are very rare instances when they do get access to tech details, i think on Battlefield 5 they had a dev talk to them and giving info - thats ok. Otherwise they are exactly that - enthusiast youtubers. They arent educated in computer graphics. They havent made a game. They havent worked at a gaming company. They are literally, fans of game technology, that started a youtube channel and site. And their "analysis" is looking with the naked eye at screenshots and videos. That they are held as some authority in the field is mind bogling.

if this is directed at digital foundry, i think they are good. Their job is to analyze graphics, not make them. Just like a game maker might not review games as well as a game critic.

They show everything on video then and there and back up what they say.

They may not formally be educated or qualified to do what they do, but they have made up for that clearly by learning by themselves.

Hudo

Only if you can get one of the responsible graphics engineers of said game for an interview or to answer your questions, otherwise you'd have to rely on educated guesses for some technical solutions they might have applied. There are some technical details of a renderer that you can't immediately see or are ambigious to other solutions that could be used, etc.

if this is directed at digital foundry, i think they are good. Their job is to analyze graphics, not make them. Just like a game maker might not review games as well as a game critic.

They show everything on video then and there and back up what they say.

They may not formally be educated or qualified to do what they do, but they have made up for that clearly by learning by themselves.

I dont think they are. At least when they go above showing framerates and stuff and try to talk about more indepth things that frankly they have no idea about. What they do is not the same as a reviewer not needing to make games in order to asses their quality as a consumer. Id argue that doing tech analysis on games actually requires you to be in the field - since, you know, that would actually make you knowleadgable and in the know how. An ideal tech analysis from my point of view would be an actual graphics programer, with experience that gets in contact with said game company and gets access to specific data for the particular game he covers.

For example look at these stats here, from Wolfenstein The New Collosus, presented by Tiago Sousa.

You need someone to give you this type of data and you need relevant qualification in the field so you can understand and explain it in an analysis.

Moreso, DF got called by around 3 people with relevant expertise in a resetera topic. Basically they said whenever they go over simply showing framerates its clear they dont know what they're saying.

And i remember a few years ago when Durante snaped at nxgamer and said he is full of inacuracies. That he makes claims of graphics that arent possible to extrapolate with the naked eye by looking at youtube videos. This applies to DF too

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Due to the response of the Sony base wanting to have fair reviewing from this thread:

I am entertaining the thought of buying a PS5 and selectively picking the cream of the crop exclusive games to review with an unbiased eye. If I would take on such an endeavor, I would absolutely need the confidence of the PS gamers on this board that I wouldn't be viewed as scrutinizing the games unfairly. In order to identify 'accurate' observation, I would use my inside contacts to make sure that what I'm seeing is correct. I'm a very critical reviewer because I've seen correct implementations for years in CG so keep that in mind with ANY of the realtime platforms today (including the PC). On top of that, another thought would be if the exclusive comes out on the PC. Would you want a head-to-head comparison or not?

What are you a child? "im a very critical reviewer" good for you son, just do what you wanna do and stop giving a fuck what fanboys and adults who should fucking know better think or say

It's funny how the habitual Sony poster lacks even the tiniest bit of self-awareness to not understand how ironic is to call other people on their bias when the forum is run by the habitual dogpiling and low level discourse fanboyism of such Sony fans bias.

Thank God this forum has users like VFXVeteran VFXVeteran or thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best that are outside the Sony narrative, otherwise this forum will be so incredibly boring and tiresome.

nicolas-cage-laughing-gif-4-1.gif

You are the one lacking self-awareness buddy.
You are crediting even the obvious fake insiders in order to confirm your prejudice.

The forum doesn't need more pc extremely-biased fanboys and sony haters. The few of them are the reason that forum is cringy sometimes.

Sony's praise is normal if you love gaming. ''Masterpieces, masterpieces everywhere''. To hate this fact it's like hating gaming.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
All:

I have read the comments on this thread and have given a real hard look at myself and how people view me when it concerns portraying a professional image to the public. I have felt too comfortable with just being open and honest without any filter on my delivery of words and that has tainted my reputation on these boards (and others). And that is completely 100% my fault. Outside of open forums and being on the job, I am just as critical about my own challenges and strive for perfection. This is a double-edge sword as it's what's got me all the opportunities to work at some incredible top-tier companies but also makes me come off as a prick online. Trust me, in person, I am no such thing.

Someone mentioned that I didn't respect the 'craft' of writing code to a closed platform and he's right. I can tell that in his comment, he was somewhat made to feel bad because of the restrictions imposed on the hardware where I have just recently in the past 3 years started to understand those restrictions at Lockheed Martin's program studying their hardware-in-the-loop systems for missile travel. Regardless of how easy it is to transition from writing graphics code to realtime GPU-centric hardware, I feel he wanted to hear that I respect his craft. And I feel bad that I didn't give him that from developer to developer. For that, I apologize.

I think the issue here has always been about trying to convince the Sony guys to calm down the hype and respect that ALL games have limitations and not just platforms outside of Sony products. It's this constant back and forth with me trying to convince and they trying to refute me that's been the big problem here. After talking to Mod of War Mod of War it appears that I'm frowned upon because sometimes I need to let people be happy and proud and not nitpick the weaknesses of the graphics in these popular games. He's right. I need to take a step back and look through a different pair of eye glasses. Instead of an us vs. them mentality, I will try to look at all of you guys as one family sharing your experiences even if there is bickering and arguing among you. It's all in fun and I need to look at it that way.

I'll be leaving these forums for awhile and do just that. I know that no matter how long between now and whenever I may start posting again, there will always be some people that hate my guts or will think I have an agenda. And that's OK. That will have to be something I deal with instead of fighting back. I'll still be watching you guys enjoy your game releases and console releases from time to time.

Take care

Handy Fake

All:

I have read the comments on this thread and have given a real hard look at myself and how people view me when it concerns portraying a professional image to the public. I have felt too comfortable with just being open and honest without any filter on my delivery of words and that has tainted my reputation on these boards (and others). And that is completely 100% my fault. Outside of open forums and being on the job, I am just as critical about my own challenges and strive for perfection. This is a double-edge sword as it's what's got me all the opportunities to work at some incredible top-tier companies but also makes me come off as a prick online. Trust me, in person, I am no such thing.

Someone mentioned that I didn't respect the 'craft' of writing code to a closed platform and he's right. I can tell that in his comment, he was somewhat made to feel bad because of the restrictions imposed on the hardware where I have just recently in the past 3 years started to understand those restrictions at Lockheed Martin's program studying their hardware-in-the-loop systems for missile travel. Regardless of how easy it is to transition from writing graphics code to realtime GPU-centric hardware, I feel he wanted to hear that I respect his craft. And I feel bad that I didn't give him that from developer to developer. For that, I apologize.

I think the issue here has always been about trying to convince the Sony guys to calm down the hype and respect that ALL games have limitations and not just platforms outside of Sony products. It's this constant back and forth with me trying to convince and they trying to refute me that's been the big problem here. After talking to Mod of War Mod of War it appears that I'm frowned upon because sometimes I need to let people be happy and proud and not nitpick the weaknesses of the graphics in these popular games. He's right. I need to take a step back and look through a different pair of eye glasses. Instead of an us vs. them mentality, I will try to look at all of you guys as one family sharing your experiences even if there is bickering and arguing among you. It's all in fun and I need to look at it that way.

I'll be leaving these forums for awhile and do just that. I know that no matter how long between now and whenever I may start posting again, there will always be some people that hate my guts or will think I have an agenda. And that's OK. That will have to be something I deal with instead of fighting back. I'll still be watching you guys enjoy your game releases and console releases from time to time.

Take care
*sigh*
Look chief, it's only a forum. Don't take it to heart.
Plus, yer kna... If you were going to do Youtube videos you're going to need a significantly thicker skin. ;)

Falc67

All:

Take care

So no Matrix info? 😔

Reactions: MrS

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
All:

Take care

I think it’s awesome how introspective your approach has become. I hope the community can try to wipe the slate and allow a fresh start when you come back. I may not have been in agreement with you, and at times thought negatively of how you came across, but I don’t like for anyone to feel hated. Thought negatively of is one thing, but hated leads to some really dark places for some that I don’t wish on anyone.

With respect, I hope when you’re back that you are welcomed.

Aladin

All:

Take care
You can't cure tribalism.

MastaKiiLA

Only if you want to have a bunch of negative comments about being biased. You can't outrun your past, which already makes even the most genuine comments you make appear suspect. You haven't appeared neutral enough to expect anything but a polarized response. That said, no one else should dictate what you want to do. Do you, and just live with the consequences.

Ascend

All:

Take care
This forum is not ready for objective content. It's all about the dopamine. I for one would love to see your objective analyses. Maybe an option is to make those read-only, i.e. start a blog or something.

Top Bottom