• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow, Sonic 3D blast was a true piece of crap

You have to make a choice:

Results are only viewable after voting.

ghibli99

Yeah, it sucked, except for the music on the Saturn version (as some others have already mentioned). It would have been a lot better had Sonic controlled more tightly instead of acting like he was sliding around on ice.

OatmealMu

GO FINGER BUTT!

boonga2.jpg

Firestorm

I feel like voting for Sonic 360 because I only played the demo and it's not the game that got me hyped me up and let me down so much. I was 8 years old and you ruined it Sega. >=(

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The game was pretty bad but I managed to play through it a couple times back on the Saturn. Like everyone else I thought the music and special stages were great. Sonic R topped it in all (good) ways however.

NPC

I boot up the Genesis version to laugh at the FMV intro and listen to the awesome music.
But when I was 6/7(?) I thought the game was totally awesome.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I remember when I was like 7 or 8, I was playing Sonic 3D Blast on my Genesis, and the game was at the title menu. My brother accidentally kicked the cartridge while it was in teh Genesis and the force of his kick unlocked the level select somehow because the next thing I saw was the level select screen.

Sonic 3D Blast is better than Sonic 360 on every level imaginable. It's not even comparable.

Sonic 3D Blast has better music, doesn't have any loading(Except for the Saturn version which...did have awful loading =X), has color(ohnoes!), doesn't rely on shitty friends, doesn't have any angst, doesn't make you ride in shitty machines, doesn't make you deal with bad camera, has better visuals(Looks nicer to me=P),has better play control....and it's more fun, too. No comparison.

Plus, 3D Blast had awesome music and special stages, on the Saturn version.

Now, that's not to say Sonic 3D Blast isn't a boring peice of crap. Cuz it is. Before Sonic Heroes came out, Sonic 3D Blast was the king of bad Sonic games.

But Sonic 360 makes Sonic 3D Blast look like friggin' Super Mario Bros. 3.

GSG Flash said:
I remember when I was like 7 or 8, I was playing Sonic 3D Blast on my Genesis, and the game was at the title menu. My brother accidentally kicked the cartridge while it was in teh Genesis and the force of his kick unlocked the level select somehow because the next thing I saw was the level select screen.
That's amazing :lol

Tanukid

GSG Flash said:

Haha, the same thing happened to me, only my Dog hit my Genesis while I was playing. :lol

Sonic 3D Blast wasn't that bad, the music in both games were pretty good. If I remember correctly they used a few songs from the Genesis version for Sonic Adventure.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Oh yes, Sonic 3D Blast is ****ing horrible. I think it's even slightly worse than Sonic 360 and Shadow the Hedgehog. But in this case it isnÄt suprising as the team behind Sonic 3D is utter shit. I don't get why Sega relies on Traveller's Tales for any game...

Wow, Sonic 3D is actually doing better than Sonic NextGen. Should I be surprised? No, really, tell me because I haven't played the new one but 3D was bad as hell. Not that I expected much from the new one (it actually kept looking worse and worse with every new batch of shots) but man, 3D was real bad.

edit: did I mention how ****ing bad Sonic 3D was?

HomShaBom said:
Everyone who voted for the sonic games should be banned.

Sonic 3D blast is not bad at all. The Saturn version was good. Is it like other sonic games, not at all. But its entertaining to some extent.

Oops sorry I forgot to get the memo that we are now supposed to hate all Sonic game except the original 4.

jgkspsx

I liked it, though not nearly as much as its predecessors. The CG-rendered special stages were horrible in the Genesis versin (not to mention much easier than previous Sonic special stages.) But, hell, I liked Sonic Labyrinth.

I agree with the Flicky comparison. A Sonic game it isn't. Now, the Sonic arcade game did a really satisfying job of making a real Sonic game in an isometric viewpoint.

Sonic R and Sonic Shuffle were the low points of the Sonic series before the Shadow apocalypse.

Top Bottom