• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Naked Lunch

Hey look on the bright side. Maybe they'll do something right for once and have Brian win the title.
I mean Brian hasnt talked on the mic once in the whole lead up - even if he did take it where is the build up?
MJF's promo about going after the next champ - all MJF talked about was taking it from Mox.
Seems like a forgone conclusion at this point - the tourney was pointless with no suspense.

dave_d

I mean Brian hasnt talked on the mic once in the whole lead up - even if he did take it where is the build up?
MJF's promo about going after the next champ - all MJF talked about was taking it from Mox.
Seems like a forgone conclusion at this point - the tourney was pointless with no suspense.
Well guess if they're stupid enough to do that I'll go back to not watching AEW until MJF wins the title.(Moxley sucks harder than a hoover on 240v current.)

jufonuk

not tag worthy

I’m starting to think this was all a work to give everyone time off.

Sammy leaving ?

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Logan Paul is going to be champ.
Sea Turtles Swimming GIF by Storyful

Logan Paul is the next challenger for Roman Reigns. But if recent rumours are anything to go off of, Reigns ain't gonna lose his championships any day soon. :p

dave_d

Depending on who you ask, that could be considered accurate for AEW refs
That's true, hell I've given them nicknames because of it. I call them "Dirty" Paul Turner and "On the Take" Aubrey Edwards given how they ref. (And of course "Undead" Rick Knox. That one is obvious.) Guess I'm a bit of fan of the WWE idea of reffing it like it's real.

Dthomp

Hey look on the bright side. Maybe they'll do something right for once and have Brian win the title.

I'm hoping, but since the right time to put the belt on him was the first match against Hangman I have my doubts. Mox is boring, was just champ. I think maybe Bryan turns and takes it

I wonder if they're going to give up the 24/7 Championship soon, as it's never contested on TV that often anymore. It was basically the "R-Truth's Baby Championship" for most of the history of that particular championship. Not to mention the similarity to the Hardcore Championship. It probably disappointed fans.

dave_d

I wonder if they're going to give up the 24/7 Championship soon, as it's never contested on TV that often anymore. It was basically the "R-Truth's Baby Championship" for most of the history of that particular championship. Not to mention the similarity to the Hardcore Championship. It probably disappointed fans.
It struck me that there is one cool thing they could have done with this title.(But of course they won't.) Because the champ is expected to defend the title anywhere, anytime, against anyone even if he/she doesn't want to defend it that the reverse should be true. That the champ could elect to defend the title anywhere, anytime, against anyone even somebody that didn't want a title match like a ref, announcer, or WWE official. Then they could have had some monster win it and go on a reign of terror legal attacking anybody they want until somebody slays the dragon. It could have been a good story line.

Soodanim

I think the commentators know it bad. Vicky knew it was bad too.
I can't stand Vicky, but at a certain point giving the mic back to her seems like the lesser of two evils. At least Vicky isn't going to kick the turnbuckle in a rage that has absolutely no effect except making everyone feel awkward and embarrassed on her behalf.

Dthomp

Jesus, way to shit up a really good show for a change. The most boring main eventer on the roster getting his THIRD reign as champion, and ANOTHER clean win over Danielson. Why even bring Bryan over just to job to like half his opponents, but hey we get to listen to licensed 80s tracks that were only relevant in a fake baseball movie....

I'm hyped for Saraya, but man Mox having the title and Jericho with ROH title is must not see tv for me. Danielson/MJF could have been a unique program with two dudes who have never crossed paths, but lets just go down the same old road with Moxley again.

Not sure the medical condition of Saraya, BUT if her neck is fine and she can go, within a few months she should EASILY be the best female on that roster. Please keep her far away from Jade and jobberville that is that TBS title.

I have always liked the Acclaimed, happy for them...BUT I think this will be a short reign. They just can't go in the ring the way so many of the top teams can go. Tony booked for happy endings tonight, mostly with his happy ending with Moxley choking out Danielson. Jericho winning ROH belt was dumb, Claudio was hired to be the guy for that brand, but hey with TK history I can't wait for the payoff to Garcia/Jericho 9 months from now.

Am I the only one who has no clue what a Saraya is but did know her theme song? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nobody was singing along though. What a bunch of marks!

And yeah Mox winning was like an extra soggy wet fart.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Wait, isn't her neck so messed up she's never supposed to wrestle anymore? Didn't anybody show her #AEWBotches?
She was hinting at her return for a while, but I'm guessing WWE just didn't clear her for in-ring action.

But yeah, some of the women on that roster are not safe at all.

Top Bottom