• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WRC 9 - Gameplay Video | PS5

Game's Lead Director: "This footage is really lackluster, spice it up somehow"

Editor: "I got just the thing"

*adds epic cinematic music over a rally game gameplay video*

Director:

239.jpg

Gamers:

giphy.gif

For real though, what is it with next-gen games and unappealling lighting? This one looks pretty similar to Dirt 5. Could it be something to do with RDNA2?

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
eehh I see a few issues people will complain about. like Some bad texturing, shodow LOD is pretty bad at times, lighting isnt that great.

comparing it to dirt5 .. only 1 car, not a lot of track sideline detail. no terrain deformation?

weird music for a offroad racing trailer.

Puskas

Can’t wait for CM to have a go at WRC now that they’ve aquired the license.

This looks rather poor.

Bankai

Music in the trailer is ridiculous, wayyyy to epic to see a car go around a corner like that.

Graphics.. I see some very clear LOD pop-in (also on shadows :lollipop_Mr_Smith:) , lots of shimmering on fine detail (like the fences) and not much deformity going on with the track and/or vehicles. ParticleFX seem average in quality and density.

But hey, like Dirt 5, it might play very nicely and that's what matters in the end. Though it doesn't look next-gen.

Stuart360

Looks like the PC version near maxed, i know as i own the PC version.
Some poeple are being a little harsh. The studio is very small, and has probably a 10th of the budget of say a Codemasters game, yet they always pull way above their weight in terms of graphics.
The series has always been 30fps on console, 60fps in itself is a nice jump.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Looks like the PC version near maxed, i know as i own the PC version.
Some poeple are being a little harsh. The studio is very small, and has probably a 10th of the budget of say a Codemasters game, yet they always pull way above their weight in terms of graphics.
The series has always been 30fps on comnsole, 60fps in itself is a nice jump.

Seen some gameplay of it, sounds and gameplay gives me Dirt 4 vibes, and I loved that one..

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Do you actually play games or do you just constantly console war over them?

Dirt 5 is a 120fps game, this is a measly 60fps. Where are your standards? Looks over gameplay.

Comparing Dynamic 4K@60fps. Dirt 5 looks like shit. This one isn't mindblowing but much better with signs of raytracing.

Dirt 5 isn't a console nor exclusive.

Last edited:

martino

Music in the trailer is ridiculous, wayyyy to epic to see a car go around a corner like that.

Graphics.. I see some very clear LOD pop-in (also on shadows :lollipop_Mr_Smith:) , lots of shimmering on fine detail (like the fences) and not much deformity going on with the track and/or vehicles. ParticleFX seem average in quality and density.

But hey, like Dirt 5, it might play very nicely and that's what matters in the end. Though it doesn't look next-gen.
there are not that horrible especially if you look the ps4 pro in comparison ....
it's funny it must still be enought for bo to vomit ....is that a ps exclusvie or something like that ? could explain why he suddenly blind to them

Top Bottom