• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WRC 9 - Gameplay Video | PS5

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
It looks good/ok/crossgen, like current gen on ultra. Dirt 5 looks worse than older entries. It's not an opinion, it is what it is, Dirt 5 looks like a remastered PS3 game.

Have you tried it? It has identical feel of this WRC9, and pretty hard as well. Saw Dirt Rally 2.0, and it's like a sequel to Dirt 4.
Yes i have Dirt 4, it has multiple vehicle types/modes/off road buggys and jeeps etc and and is certainly simcade imo but to be fair the rally part can be tougher than the other vehicles but Dirt Rally 1+2 is more sim than the Dirt series and a lot tougher. I only have WRC 8 and while its a fine rally game i do think its easer than the Dirt Rally series.

ultrazilla

Nothing here screams "next generation" IMO.
Honestly surprised that it's running at "Dynamic 4k resolution" and not
native.

giphy.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes i have Dirt 4, it has multiple vehicle types/modes/off road buggys and jeeps etc and and is certainly simcade imo but to be fair the rally part can be tougher than the other vehicles but Dirt Rally 1+2 is more sim than the Dirt series and a lot tougher. I only have WRC 8 and while its a fine rally game i do think its easer than the Dirt Rally series.

Man, thank you. I really love Rally/offroad in general, although would dream to find Raid Rally game with Nissan Patrols. I should keep an eye for Dirt Rally 3.0 then! I know some friends personally that won international trophies from Qatar, one won international Baja T1-tier in 2008, the other one surprisingly won international T3-tier in 2016 while being handicapped! Well, been invited and offered free ticket, hotel, and a rally car to actually participate in a rally course in Italy, but refused. I don't fucking wanna die in an accident with zero experience, lol.

Gotta admit though Rally racing games are an adrenaline rush, used to play them lots on the older PlayStations.

Those are insane, and if you ever drive fast offroad you'll know the joy!

Nothing here screams "next generation" IMO.
Honestly surprised that it's running at "Dynamic 4k resolution" and not
native.

giphy.gif

Yeah it's just current gen with some polish.

Comparison video with dirt 5 please.

Didn't find any, but this is with PC:

Tschumi

Man, thank you. I really love Rally/offroad in general, although would dream to find Raid Rally game with Nissan Patrols. I should keep an eye for Dirt Rally 3.0 then! I know some friends personally that won international trophies from Qatar, one won international Baja T1-tier in 2008, the other one surprisingly won international T3-tier in 2016 while being handicapped! Well, been invited and offered free ticket, hotel, and a rally car to actually participate in a rally course in Italy, but refused. I don't fucking wanna die in an accident with zero experience, lol.

Those are insane, and if you ever drive fast offroad you'll know the joy!

Yeah it's just current gen with some polish.

Didn't find any, but this is with PC:

is it just me or are the like, starwars burst snowflakes in Dirt 5 rendering in front of the decal at the top of the driver's window in driver's view mode? it looks pretty awful...

Yeah, Dirt 5 has some pretty striking things, like the 2D snow puffs that get kicked up behind the car.. wrc9 appears to have better lighting and level detail.. but it also seems to be a tad lacking in terms of dust clouds etc getting kicked up, and reflections.

wrc9 looks better, but not apex~

Last edited by a moderator:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
is it just me or are the like, starwars burst snowflakes in Dirt 5 rendering in front of the decal at the top of the driver's window in driver's view mode? it looks pretty awful...

Yeah, Dirt 5 has some pretty striking things, like the 2D snow puffs that get kicked up behind the car.. wrc9 appears to have better lighting and level detail.. but it also seems to be a tad lacking in terms of dust clouds etc getting kicked up, and reflections.

wrc9 looks better, but not apex~

Yeah the guy skipped that snow never hits the windscreen in Dirt5, other than that it was true. But car model is way better on WRC9 and the lighting looks more natural, Dirt5 feels more cartoony overall.

Tschumi

Dirt 5 :

4nXmjPv.jpg

Note that the starwars snowflakes render in front of the decal at the top of the cockpit window (faint orange dashes show where this decal starts) this looks like smelly smelly ass.

Edit: it happens all through the video, more intense in other places, watch for yourself.. hashtag can't unsee

Last edited by a moderator:

tryDEATH

People really need to chill on the excessive trashing of developers and their games. A majority of these games are cross-gen and from smaller development teams. People are turning into real snobs on here due to graphics and what they perceive next generation should look like, instead of coming to terms that this is what we have for right now.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the game it looks fine and probably plays great so ease up people.

It looks good/ok/crossgen, like current gen on ultra. Dirt 5 looks worse than older entries. It's not an opinion, it is what it is, Dirt 5 looks like a remastered PS3 game.

Have you tried it? It has identical feel of this WRC9, and pretty hard as well. Saw Dirt Rally 2.0, and it's like a sequel to Dirt 4.

Noo Dirt Rally 2 is a sequel to Dirt Rally. Theyre the Dark Souls of racing games. Dirt 4 was a light weight arcade-ish take on Dirt Rally.

Jeez is that what being a Qatar native is like? Getting rally event invitations+cars thrown after you despite no experience?

Gotta love that oil/slave economy

I missed Dirt Rally 2.0 but will buy the next one! First I thought it was a remastered of an older one.

Dont miss Dirt Rally 2. It's only a year old and has excellent graphics, better than ACC, iRacing, WRC9, etc.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Jeez is that what being a Qatar native is like? Getting rally event invitations+cars thrown after you despite no experience?

Gotta love that oil/slave economy

Dont miss Dirt Rally 2. It's only a year old and has excellent graphics, better than ACC, iRacing, WRC9, etc.

Nah, I'm Omani, mid-class. He just like my banter and the guy is a royal (sheikh), but refused his offer as I don't like too generous gifts, I feel cheap, lol. And it's Gas money, not oil ;)

I should buy Dirt Rally 2.0 when it gets PS5 patch then!

Last edited:
Top Bottom