• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WRC 9 - Gameplay Video | PS5

martino

tenor.gif
4k20lq.jpg

Ever heard of personal preference? Enjoy whatever you like, but don't force your preference. And not talking about fps here but graphics, so stop the goalpost movement.
But when you are talking about a 120fps version you kinda are also talking about graphics. One is sacrificed by the other. Have we even seen a 60fps version of Dirt yet? I can't recall. As for this game I'm always surprised that Rally games don't have better graphics being that they are just one car. Guess that is the consequence of a lower budget and more of a niche game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
But when you are talking about a 120fps version you kinda are also talking about graphics. One is sacrificed by the other. Have we even seen a 60fps version of Dirt yet? I can't recall. As for this game I'm always surprised that Rally games don't have better graphics being that they are just one car. Guess that is the consequence of a lower budget and more of a niche game.

When the fuck I talked about the 120Hz mode? Comparing both at 4K@60fps, graphics mode for Dirt 5.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

When the fuck I talked about the 120Hz mode? Comparing both at 4K@60fps, graphics mode for Dirt 5.
When the fuck indeed...lol.. He was talking about 120fps. I was just saying one doesn't happen without affecting the other. Maybe go outside and get some sunshine.. too much GAF has got you grumpy.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
When the fuck indeed...lol.. He was talking about 120fps. I was just saying one doesn't happen without affecting the other. Maybe go outside and get some sunshine.. too much GAF has got you grumpy.

Sorry mate, I was hungry (still). 120fps should be its own mode, Dynamic 4K@60fps should look acceptable. Dirt 5 looks worse than Dirt Rally 2.0 and too artificial looking.

Stuart360

The amount of cross gen games being shit on, you would think this is the first new console generation for some of you. It probably is to be fair.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Imagine holding this opinion then saying nothing about how ass WRC9 looks on PS5 LMFAO

It looks good/ok/crossgen, like current gen on ultra. Dirt 5 looks worse than older entries. It's not an opinion, it is what it is, Dirt 5 looks like a remastered PS3 game.

You think Dirt 4 is a sim. Dirt Rally 2 is more sim. Dirt has always been simcade.

Have you tried it? It has identical feel of this WRC9, and pretty hard as well. Saw Dirt Rally 2.0, and it's like a sequel to Dirt 4.

Last edited:
It looks good/ok/crossgen, like current gen on ultra. Dirt 5 looks worse than older entries. It's not an opinion, it is what it is, Dirt 5 looks like a remastered PS3 game.

This guy really claiming the above looks like Ultra on current gen is WILD. Like, man.... are you serious? The above is similar to ultra Forza in your eyes ? LOL

iHaunter

The game looks pretty bad. What's with all these bland looking racing games? I need to use my racing wheel, GT7 can't come soon enough!

-Arcadia-

Banned
People are really, really harsh these days. This looks like something we would have only dreamed of with the PS3, something that no doubt took tons of people, tons of time and talent to get it to this level.

But no, it looks awful. 😋

Feel similarly about Dirt 5, although that game has had some odd moments where it looks off.

Also, I’m confused about these rally games being used to draw competing lines for each console. Am I missing something, or are they both on PlayStation and Xbox? Lol. It’s like we didn’t get an exclusive racer on either for launch this generation, so we’re all Larping instead.

Are you watching it on a 4K screen? I think most of the posts here seem like they are not.
Look at the 20sec mark, that texture would have been impressive on the dreamcast... And the blacks are blown, this game is a worse showcase than the one with those little bots.

Senua

Gold Member
People are really, really harsh these days. This looks like something we would have only dreamed of with the PS3, something that no doubt took tons of people, tons of time and talent to get it to this level.

But no, it looks awful. 😋

Feel similarly about Dirt 5, although that game has had some odd moments where it looks off.

Also, I’m confused about these rally games being used to draw competing lines for each console. Am I missing something, or are they both on PlayStation and Xbox? Lol. It’s like we didn’t get an exclusive racer on either for launch this generation, so we’re all Larping instead.
All I saw was positivity when the game came out about how it looked, they've come a long way with their own engine on such a small budget in comparison to AAA shooty bang bang this forum loves

Most people ITT have no idea about much in general I reckon :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Look at the 20sec mark, that texture would have been impressive on the dreamcast... And the blacks are blown, this game is a worse showcase than the one with those little bots.

The textures are actually ok but it's near impossible to extract a good screenshot due to excessive use of motion blurr. Overall looks pretty dark in locations as it could be an HDR video turned onto SDR making most of the color gradation merge together instead of being mastered at SDR.

tronied

The problem with this is everything looks too clean. Aside from the car (which actually looks pretty good), the environment looks far too static and artificial. It looks like someone has taken game assets and dropped them on the ground without putting any effort into lighting, situational awareness or textures. Houses don't just have flat colours but they have marks and inconsistencies with dark areas and light areas. I could say the same thing about Dirt5, but at least I can kind of forgive that as it looks like they're opting for a cartoony style. This on the other hand just looks way too sterile and uninteresting. As has been pointed out, driving / racing games running on existing hardware look better because it's not about the horsepower, but the implementation and how they make use of it.

GHG

Gold Member
You know we've reached peak stupidity when people are treating (and defending) games with console specific marketing deals as if they are exclusive.

If you didn't know better you would think WRC9 is PS5 exclusive and Dirt 5 is Xbox Series exclusive.

Best thing about it, they both look shit-average graphically.

Top Bottom