• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Write a novel in November! NaNoWriMo 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
WC: 50162

YAY!

Consistent. Look at this, look how satisfying it is!

CyXUa0fXcAELmCz.jpg

Nano site gives me a few extra words, generous! Not sure the story wraps up exactly how I wanted it to, like, maybe it leaves more questions than I wanted it to, but that's fixable. (I won't fix anything).

mrgimgood-19_zpsh6qxoreo.gif

Congrats dude!

Cyan

Banned
WC: 50569

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I'm done! I have not completed the story, I have actually only barely reached a quarter of the outline I made for the it; but all in all I really enjoyed this challenge. Hopefully I can continue the rest of it next year. Good luck to the rest of ya, you can make it!

And here is my graph:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻keyboard┻

*inserts FF XV disc into PS4*

*turns on 3DS to start Pokemon Sun*

*Opens steam to buy all the games before sale ends*

:D

toms-11.gif

Congrats!

Cyan

Banned
WC: 50725

And finished! Ah man, that feels good. Even managed to tie it up in a somewhat satisfactory way, where I can continue easily.

Congrats to the other winners as well.

Now, I think it's time I throw away my keyboard for a week and hope my sleeping rhythm gets back to normal again..

jack-3.gif

Congrats! Your mission accomplished. :)

Cowlick

Banned
WC: 50207

Story is still going, and I'll keep writing, but that's a word count to officially make this thing NaNo-worthy. Hurrah!

starsky

WC: 50031

I did it... yeahhh!!! Story is about 3 chapters away from finished, but I worry about it later. Lots of stuff to fix, like my sleep cycles.

Grats everyone else who just won, and keep typing for those who are still fighting. Don't give up, just write all your ramblings, put them all into paper - fix later.

Cyan

Banned
WC: 50031

I did it... yeahhh!!! Story is about 3 chapters away from finished, but I worry about it later. Lots of stuff to fix, like my sleep cycles.

Grats everyone else who just won, and keep typing for those who are still fighting. Don't give up, just write all your ramblings, put them all into paper - fix later.

dragowar-4_zpsf95978ea.gif

Congrats on your spreading brilliance, mono!

Cyan

Banned
Righto, well. I'm not as far through the planned story as I thought I'd be at this point. And I'm pretty sure I need to cut some subplots and beef up the remaining ones. And it still needs a lot of work. Buuuut...

WC: 50,021

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Congrats Cyan. Congrats Bakemono. Congrats Cowlick. Congrats everyone really.

WC: 50319

Huh.

Kind of surreal. Little aside. this month has been shitty, outside of the obvious. From the very first day November life just kind of reminded me that it can be awful. And... I just really needed this win is all. This thread was a fun time, I hope I can pull out another win next year. Here's to one more chapter and being done. Unlike all of you, I plan my projects around word counts ;P

Timu

Righto, well. I'm not as far through the planned story as I thought I'd be at this point. And I'm pretty sure I need to cut some subplots and beef up the remaining ones. And it still needs a lot of work. Buuuut...

WC: 50,021

Huh.

Kind of surreal. Little aside. this month has been shitty, outside of the obvious. From the very first day November life just kind of reminded me that it can be awful. And... I just really needed this win is all. This thread was a fun time, I hope I can pull out another win next year. Here's to one more chapter and being done. Unlike all of you, I plan my projects around word counts ;P
Congrats to you both!!!

Yeef

I'm finished!

(Actually, I'm nowhere near the ending, but just like other years, I don't really plan to finish the story proper. I got what I needed out of it.)

WC: 50137

Nezumi

So many new winners congratulations you all!!!
Now let's see if I have the willpower to start FfXV only after I've written my 5000 words...

William

WC: 20346

Congrats to all the winners finishing now!

I'm going to aim to get half way or better by tomorrow. Sad that I won't be getting to 50k but very glad I gave it a go and got a bunch of writing done.

Cyan

Banned

Huh.

violencefight_zps23ef7e7c.png

Congrats flowers!

zulux21

yup I am calling it. I wrote a little tonight, but given even if I didn't sleep until december 1st, I only have 11 more hours today I could write, and like 14 hours on the 30th to write (and really I should sleep for at least 12 of those hours leaving me with 13 hours of the month left I can write) and the fact I need over 20k more words to finish, it just isn't happening.

so while I might write on the night of the 30th the fact is I likely won't start writing until nano is over (I tend to write midnight to 4 am or so)

thus... final nano word count
WC: 27700

Delio

Glad to see all you guys who finished :). I didn't make it this year way to much stuff happened and I basically just didnt finish. Sad about that :/ Hopefully next year.

Ashes

Banned
wc: 27,600

Ill hopefully hit 28000 by tomorrow. Disappointed i didn't hit 50, but still happy i even wrote this much. Considering i haven't written anything since i left school in 1997, its fairly impressive. Im toying with the idea of actually editing and finishing the story now that the pressures off tho. I mean dont you want to find out what happens to Steven Seagal now that he lives in a world where Ja Rule is the Fascist Dictator/President of the United States??

Aerocrane

WC: 51,561

Thanks to a last minute exam rescheduling I had the time to write more over the last couple days, making it over the 50k target. I don't know if my writing has improved over the last three years of doing NaNoWriMo, writing dialogue is still hard. Maybe one day I will be confident enough in my writing to share an excerpt here.

Congrates to everyone else who have already made it past the target, and to those who are still writing: you can do it!!

Cyan

Banned
Woh. Creative Writing Challenge gaf combo!

As your reward for finishing up together, you get to celeberate the credits I had lined up for Cyan!

injustice%20gaf%20.jpg

As if this year wasn't bad enough, thank thanks you for your service in the injustice mobile game!

:D

Cyan

Banned

Thanks to a last minute exam rescheduling I had the time to write more over the last couple days, making it over the 50k target. I don't know if my writing has improved over the last three years of doing NaNoWriMo, writing dialogue is still hard. Maybe one day I will be confident enough in my writing to share an excerpt here.

Congrates to everyone else who have already made it past the target, and to those who are still writing: you can do it!!

dyno-4_zps108ef3ad.gif

Congrats on another win!

Timu

Congrats!!!

MilkBeard

WC: 48346

Woo hoo, one more day, and I'm right on track. I've also got one last big scene in this act, which should be finished by tomorrows writing.

Can't wait to be finished and take a break. It's been a good month.

Grudy

Congrats to all the new winners! That feeling when you suddenly glace at the wc to find it over the 50k mark is pretty sweet :p

Edit: there are about 13 people in the 40k range, i hope they can make it somehow.

Omikaru

Congrats to everyone smashing past 50k right now! Badass scribes, the lot of you.

My other half attempted NaNoWriMo this year and she hit the 50k word count yesterday. She won't let me read anything yet, and that's fine, but regardless of that I'm super proud of her. She hasn't written since her teens and she totally stepped up to the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom