• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Writer of Marvel’s She Hulk on Disney+ attacks South Park over “Cultural Damage”

lock2k

Banned
I hope they have their antennas on and make an episode making fun of She Hulk for the entire thing. Maybe have Cartman become trans and having a She-Hulk costume or something. lol

As for the "perfect for two rich white guys"... I mean... shut the fuck up. You're white too, cumdumpster. Get a grip. lol

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
The traditional, and best way for a lady to get attention when nobody's giving it to her is to wear a slutty Halloween costume.

Don't attack South Park when you have no interesting argument to do so. Just show us your tits and get it out of your system. Thanks, Twitter lady!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Sometimes I want to creat a Twitter Acc, just to flame the fuck out of people, but for my own mental safety, I do not.

Fuck them all, she deserves the flame
When you have a blue check mark it filters out tweets like that. You only see tweets from other Blue checks. so she basically is speaking from a place of social media privilege, where she doesn’t even see tweets from non blue checks.

regular people may as not exist, their opinions literally don’t reach her. she lives in the clouds high above us peons where she does not have to answer to the greater public for anything she says. she won’t even hear them. this is why the blue check bubble is such a menace.

it is funny for her to decry South Park for triggering and mocking people and yet she clearly gets so much satisfaction out of the same. almost as if she’s has no ideological ground of her own to stand on and is in fact entirely full of shit

Last edited:
How did the Left transform into their own caricatures?

giphy.gif

ManaByte

Gold Member
When you have a blue check mark it filters out tweets like that. You only see tweets from other Blue checks. so she basically is speaking from a place of social media privilege, where she doesn’t even see tweets from non blue checks.

That's not true at all.

Fbh

Shows have come and gone, others are still around but are are just a shadow of what they once were..... but if there's been one constant since I was a kid is that people will be mad at South Park

NickFire

Oh man, I saw something about this on Barstool. Did not pay much mind, but also did not realize she is writing a marvel show. Hard but not hard to believe Disney wants to give Marvel The Last Jedi treatment. At least they can never take Phase 1-3 away.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Well, she is the author of The White Man's Guide to White Male Writers of the Western Canon, no really, she is. That's an actual book.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Folks are so quick to get bent out of shape over everything these days. Might do 'em a bit of good to step away from the internet for a bit.

cryptoadam

Banned
South Park doesn't get enough recognition. Probably one of the funniest shows of all time. And take any episode from over the years and its still relevant, even ahead of its time. They have been tackling modern day issues before they were modern day issues.

If anything SP is way less culturally relevant. Something like the Simpsons or Family Guy has been more influential. Heck I would say a show like Big Bang is probably more in the popular zeitgeist than SP.

Stere

The best action is not to engage in discussion with these people, they want attention above all, ignore them completely, let they say whatever they want to their crowd.

ManaByte

Gold Member
He may have in mind some of the celebrity-only apps Twitter has put out. Twitter Engage was one, at one point; it may still be going. For some people, it actually does work something like that.

Nah Engage just didn't have a timeline and it had features that have since been rolled into the regular apps. Back when Engage was a thing you couldn't access Tweet analytics from the regular app and verified accounts didn't have the "verified" tab in mentions. All of that is part of regular Twitter and ANYONE could download Engage. It wasn't celebrity only. They've since discontinued it as the analytics and mentions features are standard now.

MrMephistoX

I just really don’t care. Her show will be fine, South Park will live on longer than the show even if it’s not hot trash. Must everything be a Twitter culture war?

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
I understand where they are coming from, but the problem stems from human nature and how trolling and "for the lulz" culture became prominent in a society where certain individuals are struggling to find deep existential meaning and purpose. The remedy to this is the cultivation of awareness, but this is really hard in an age where social media is profiting off of dopamine fuelled behavioural loops.

“Awareness”.

“Awareness”.

Once the human subject is not in balance, awareness becomes 'haha I am better than you', "awareness" with quotation marks.
The feeling behind the message is more important than the message. Things have to feel genuine... and not as a way to put others down and say they are shit.
But it is easier to put an SJW label on yourself than to be genuinely good and balanced, which is the hole Western civilization is in now.

Pretty much everyone is right about their opinions on South Park. Take the show lightly and don't let it influence you. Influence is a strong word though because nothing influences us like the internet, South Park can't hold a candle.

mcjmetroid

Oh boohoo. Dana got her feefees hurt by the online trolls so she ran to The Washington Post to cry her eyes out.

I criticized ‘South Park’ for spawning a generation of trolls. And so the trolls came for me.

So sorry you couldn't defend your 'reasoined' argument that you had to resort playing the victim card. Lady, we've had Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian pull this same stunt again and again. You can't even be original on that front.
She knew exactly what she was doing here.

Well, she is either a stupid person for not seeing it coming or she did it on purpose creating a marketing tool for She hulk or whatever it's called.

I'm going with the latter even though I also think she's stupid.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
You know what, maybe we are all being trolled here.

The theme of last season was #cancelsouthpark. They even put that faux hashtag out. They were daring people to try and cancel them.

Either Dana took the bait and is playing right into Matt and Trey's hands, or this is just more of them being all meta and fucking with us. Either way both of them are laughing on top of their piles of money and beautiful naked women.

Remember if you are homeless you can chill by Matt's house, CALIFORNIA-NA-NA-NA

shoegaze

Gotta admit we humans are goofy as fuck creatures, and comedy is a fun way to express that. Never have befriended someone who takes a joke seriously.

Top Bottom