• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Analysts now predict an NX announcement by early October

AGITΩ

Shouldn't be that far away. I think by then, most of the investor hype from the appearance at the Apple Event yesterday would've calmed down. If anything, they need to ride on those winds of positivity to lead even more viewership to their event.

Kouriozan

Looks like MyNintendo was released a year too early, it's considered a disappointment by most people over Club Nintendo and nothing will really change until NX's release.
It'll be hard to wait another month with that NX news thirst making people crazy already x)

Alphahawk

Didn't someone in the Super Mario Run thread figure out that the game was also coming out for a bunch of other Nintendo consoles. I'm guessing that they might tease the reveal with a trailer for that game.

Imagine: You're watching the trailer for the new Mario iphone game "Coming also to 3DS, Wiiu and Nintendo Newton, rated E for Everybody" The Nintendo what?

Branduil

Sony offers a good lesson in why waiting so long to reveal a console is a bad idea. If they had revealed it months ago, they might have had a chance to address consumer complaints about the lack of UHD drives. Now it's obviously way too late.

If you wait this long to reveal your product you had better get everything perfect the first time or you're fucked.

Oregano

Didn't someone in the Super Mario Run thread figure out that the game was also coming out for a bunch of other Nintendo consoles. I'm guessing that they might tease the reveal with a trailer for that game.

Imagine: You're watching the trailer for the new Mario iphone game "Coming also to 3DS, Wiiu and Nintendo Newton, rated E for Everybody" The Nintendo what?

Link? Not sure there was any indication that was happening. Sounds like wishful thinking.

Dystify

Nintendo said they're not simply gonna port their IPs to smartphones, but make games that are developed from the ground up for them. This makes sense the other way round too, so I wouldn't expect Nintendo smartphone games on WiiU or 3DS.

Maybe on NX, but that isn't even revealed yet so I don't wanna speculate about it. WSJ did report that Nintendo smartphone games will be compatible with NX in some way, but this doesn't necessarily mean they'll be ported over.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Analyst predictions of Nintendo usually fall into two categories: stating the obvious, or not quite right. I think the reason for this change is simply that they feel that Super Mario Run is just as big of an announcement as NX is.

Totally forgot about the nx with the PlayStation news. If nx looks strong, might prioritise this over ps4pro because I need a tv so will be far easier to just buy the Nintendo console.

Ck1

Banned
Totally forgot about the nx with the PlayStation news. If nx looks strong, might prioritise this over ps4pro because I need a tv so will be far easier to just buy the Nintendo console.

I'm not so sure that the Playstation news overshadowed much at all!
Especially since more people tweeted about Nintendo being at Apple's event than Sony's PS4 Pro. I definitely don't think these hardware reveals will have the desired results Sony is looking for, seems like both are targeting the current PS4 user base.

Analysts just predicted something else last week haha

This such a joke. More like Guys who know nothing are guessing a lot.

If it's not September or October, it'll be January or February.

If it's not September or October, it's absolutely not coming out in March.
As someone who's going to TGS purely to get my hands on the NX, this would be disappointing.
That's an absolutely crazy move for a whole host of reasons.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I guess it's time for me to be an analyst again. :p

Going back to my Calendar theories.

It's now Sept 8th. If we assume 3 weeks ahead for a live announcement here we go...

screenshot_20160831-1ztsf9.png

screenshot_20160831-1qhskd.png

That basically mean the 29th at the earliest.

Oh and that would mean invites would have to go out like right now.

So yeah all signs point to October for a live event if we go off the 3 week theory.

Steejee

Am I their fucking Analyst cause I keep posting the Google Calendar screens and can count going off the 3 week theory?

This seems sooo bad and unlike the WSJ to be so rumor mill random.

Seems pretty in line with what the WSJ these last few years (post Murdoch buyout). They have one half that seems to be trying to stay legit, and another half which is ready to go full on NY Post - Business Style.

As for NX reveal - if Nintendo is sticking to March, October gives them a 6 month reveal to release time, which is fine. Waiting until November or later would be insane IMO.

Alphahawk

Link? Not sure there was any indication that was happening. Sounds like wishful thinking.

Nintendo said they're not simply gonna port their IPs to smartphones, but make games that are developed from the ground up for them. This makes sense the other way round too, so I wouldn't expect Nintendo smartphone games on WiiU or 3DS.

Maybe on NX, but that isn't even revealed yet so I don't wanna speculate about it. WSJ did report that Nintendo smartphone games will be compatible with NX in some way, but this doesn't necessarily mean they'll be ported over.

Hmm I can't find it right now, so maybe I just misread something. Anyway Miyamoto did an interview with Time Magazine where he specificly stated that there is no direct connection between the two, so I guess that rules that possibility out)

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Uh huh quickly show off a product which is never intending to compete with sony or Microsoft and is a different market

Smart idea.
I disagree. The ps4pro is a tiny upgrade for current ps4 owners. If the NX is good it may compete with the ps4pro as an upgrade. All gaming devices ate ultimately in the same market and most gamers really want all of them even if its just for one or 2 games.

Is there any indication that these are the same analysts as those who predicted before TGS? It could very well be two different people's opinions, which doesn't mean much of anything.

wrowa

As someone who's going to TGS purely to get my hands on the NX, this would be disappointing.

It'd be unlikely to be there anyway, at least publically. Nintendo isn't there and I doubt they want people's first experience with the hardware to be solely based on 3rd party content.

Trailer shows a casual stereotype playing Super Mario Run on the iPhone.
Camera zooms in on the screen of the iPhone untill it shows off different gameplay segments 'fullscreen'.
The camera zooms out on what appears to be the NX instead of the iPhone. A showcase reel of NX exclusives starts.

maxcriden

I guess it's time for me to be an analyst again. :p

Going back to my Calendar theories.

It's now Sept 8th. If we assume 3 weeks ahead for a live announcement here we go...

That basically mean the 29th at the earliest.

Oh and that would mean invites would have to go out like right now.

So yeah all signs point to October for a live event if we go off the 3 week theory.

Why 3 weeks? Because of the invite? But, isn't it possible invites were already sent out in the past week or two and press are embargo'd from discussing/revealing this? In which case, Nintendo could give just a couple days or a week notice to the rest of us, to tune in.

Top Bottom