• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cancelling preorder. The delaying of the release of real gameplay footage raises a huge red flag for me.

Sayad

If they're delaying giving gameplay assets to media 1&1/2 - 2 months before release, there's no way this game ISN'T delayed.
I would think so if this was another game, but I don't think they'd mind shipping a broken WWE game, actually I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Coolade

I'm not sure if you're familiar with 2K's marketing but this is standard practice. They release sizzle trailers at most 1 hour before the games release but they won't go in depth when it comes to gameplay or features or hidden microtransactions etc etc. It would be safe to cancel your pre order, and wait 1 to 3 weeks for some honest opinions about a 2K sports game before you put down your money for it. Possibly even gamefly/rent if possible.

The "running knee" wasn't done for Bryan last year - they just took the existing one they had and put it in his moveset since he just started doing it at Summerslam.

Musolf815

Putting this game out during Mania time would not only give it more time in the oven but also a better hype cycle,how does WWE not see this? does the company not care at all?

Basically WWE wrestlers get one of their biggest paydays of the year from the games, I don't think they worry too much about quality, it's about milking the people that will buy it every year so the wrestlers get paid.

dubq

Basically WWE wrestlers get one of their biggest paydays of the year from the games, I don't think they worry too much about quality, it's about milking the people that will buy it every year so the wrestlers get paid.

That's not necessarily true any more. Mick Foley has stated that the payouts from the games are way less than what they used to be.

hitme

BwQljSkCQAAscOc.jpg:large

Hopes renewed.

Saw this posted over at r/squaredcircle. 100 percent identical animations to last year.
Randy Orton entrance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XNRZsfFOV0
Goldust entrance, which is even more out of date - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp-8HOVC8GM

I guess for those looking forward to this game will have to hope they just didn't bother updating the entrances, but the in ring stuff is fresher. Personally, I'm hardly surprised and will continue not getting these games until another team is allowed to take over development of the series from Yuke's.

Hahaha! Lazier than EA.

JNA

Banned
Saw this posted over at r/squaredcircle. 100 percent identical animations to last year.
Goldust entrance, which is even more out of date - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp-8HOVC8GM

I guess for those looking forward to this game will have to hope they just didn't bother updating the entrances, but the in ring stuff is fresher. Personally, I'm hardly surprised and will continue not getting these games until another team is allowed to take over development of the series from Yuke's.

Ugh, I knew the two entrances looked familiar.

Looks like another lazy entry by the great Yukes... :(

That's so bad. Fuck you Yukes.

My my..

Guess it's fair to assume that every entrance will be identical

Rapstah

In the behind-the-scenes look IGN posted (where you see Cesaro doing mo-cap), not only does Goldust do his exact entrance animation from WWE '13, but King also does one of his WWE 2k14 quotes on top of it. So much for new commentary lines.

Who were the commentators on the brand where Triple H and Shawn Michaels feuded in 2002-2004? It looks like they'll be doing King/Cole across the board for everything in the game.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
In the behind-the-scenes look IGN posted (where you see Cesaro doing mo-cap), not only does Goldust do his exact entrance animation from WWE '13, but King also does one of his WWE 2k14 quotes on top of it. So much for new commentary lines.

Who were the commentators on the brand where Triple H and Shawn Michaels feuded in 2002-2004? It looks like they'll be doing King/Cole across the board for everything in the game.

I thought it was JR/Coach(?)

Blah. Damnit 2k. Fire Yukes after this game.

HT UK

New making of video.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/3/6100801/see-the-wrestlers-of-wwe-2k15-grappling-with-motion-capture Is this the same as the IGN one?

No new footage.

I mean, it looks like they are recording new animations. The scan, animation and commentary capture looks great. I just think most of this won't be in this year's game.

Also, Jimmy Hart? I had to listen to it on mute so I wasn't sure if he was in or not.

Yea that's the same one :(

Is that IGN first stuff over with then? Cause that was garbage

It's out next month and that's still barely any media on it yet. Or any in depth information

HT UK

Is that IGN first stuff over with then? Cause that was garbage

It's out next month and that's still barely any media on it yet. Or any in depth information

Basically for a whole month of exclusive coverage, we got a handful of screenshots, two entrances, and a making of video.

RobbieNick

Played a demo of the game at the GameStop Expo in Anaheim today.

First off, this is either an early build. or they still got a long way to go because the framerate can go from good to horrible. Everything's fine when far away. The audience looks more alive and I had a hard time finding clones in the crowd, the character models look better and there's some nice details like the Spanish announcers sitting near Cole, King, and JBL. However, when two wrestlers get into a grapple, it tends to zoom in on them and then suddenly, it becomes a slow motion fest like they're underwater. This is a new addition of a more "real" reverse grappling technique. While in a grapple together, there a circle that appears on screen. You use the right analog stick to find just the right spot where ti will turn red and grow out the circle in order to reverse your opponents grapple. He's trying to so the same. I think this only shows up if the two grapple at the same time, but i'm not sure. Either way, it slows the game down to a crawl and is quite boring.

The wrestlers animations look less artificial and move more naturally. Also, contact with items produces a more natural approach instead of clipping a ton. For instance, while playing as Cesaro, I was beating up Goldust with a chair. Cesaro threw the chair away and it land sideways and leaning against the ring. I walked towards the chair and noticed that instead of clipping through it, Cesaro put his foot on the side of the chair like a step. That's a little weird, but it's nice to see the that character models have more environmental awareness.

You also can get too fatigued if you constantly go after your opponent. You're better off giving him some breathing room after a beat down or else it can tire you out. This mainly came from running around too much.

The animations are a big improvement and flow more naturally instead of walking around like robots.

If they can get the framerate down, then graphically, this will be an improvement. However gameplay wise, I think they were better off with what they had. I think this will be the weakest one of the new gen WWE games and 2K16 and on will see more improvements.

VexyWexy

"WWE Universe and Creation Suite: Create your own Custom Superstar, or customize WWE Superstars and Divas, Move-Sets and entrances. Take control of WWE as your actions shape your Universe: storylines, schedule, rivalries, alliances and more!"

My fears have been realized. You can't make Divas in CAW.

Truphenom

What's the reason for the super slow down? Other than that the game looked really good. They need to start talking about the damn game already. Same needs to happen with NBA 2k15 too.

KissVibes

Banned

They couldn't even bother doing the letterboxing for Goldust's entrance? Fuck off, 2k. IT'S SUCH A SMALL THING TO DO.

"WWE Universe and Creation Suite: Create your own Custom Superstar, or customize WWE Superstars and Divas, Move-Sets and entrances. Take control of WWE as your actions shape your Universe: storylines, schedule, rivalries, alliances and more!"

Double fuck off, 2k.

Jesus Christ.

Blah. Damnit 2k. Fire Yukes after this game.

As if 2k Games isn't complacent in this.

dubq

Really dude? I hope you're joking with that reaction.

Top Bottom