• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

96121.png

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
whine whine bitch bitch....Who cares if Ortons entrance is the same as 2k15...its pretty accurate and not like Orton does anything different worth redoing the whole damn thing. Not to mention it could very well be different by release.

whine whine bitch bitch....Who cares if Ortons entrance is the same as 2k15...its pretty accurate and not like Orton does anything different worth redoing the whole damn thing. Not to mention it could very well be different by release.
We'll just have to see how things play out. I mean, we've barely seen anything else.

strobogo

Banned

It seems pretty reasonable to complain wehn 2K has said they've redone so much, yet the only footage they've shown is full of years old animations.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
It seems pretty reasonable to complain wehn 2K has said they've redone so much, yet the only footage they've shown is full of years old animations.

They showed Cenas entrance which was brand new. and theyve shown some different animations including a new RKO, which i cant even tell is new but apparently it is...i guess you cant improve much on perfection. and brand new animation mechanics never seen in a wrestling game like crawling to a pin, using the ropes to get up etc..but nope, everythings old because some things are old. the animations that are left previously were great and still are. say what you will about what animation transitions or whatever GAF loves to complain about, but moves and entrances have never looked better.

I am concerned about that slowdown tho hopefully that will be gone. i heard they slowed down the pace of the game but thats rediculous

strobogo

Banned
They showed Cenas entrance which was brand new. and theyve shown some different animations including a new RKO, which i cant even tell is new but apparently it is...i guess you cant improve much on perfection. and brand new animation mechanics never seen in a wrestling game like crawling to a pin, using the ropes to get up etc..but nope, everythings old because some things are old. the animations that are left previously were great and still are. say what you will about what animation transitions or whatever GAF loves to complain about, but moves and entrances have never looked better.

I am concerned about that slowdown tho hopefully that will be gone. i heard they slowed down the pace of the game but thats rediculous

Idk almost everything in the Cesaro/Orton clip were old when it came to grapples. Even though 2K said the engine would change and you couldn't hit big moves right away, the very first move Orton hit was his powerslam. The entrances show where the same. All while 2K has been saying it's a new game and not just a paint job.

Hasney

Looks great though, really hope there's a demo as I'm not buying this based on old gameplay and I'm not going to fully judge it based on those Gamescom videos.

delSai

Still not sure about this... it looks amazing but the Gameplay didn't feel fun at Gamescom.. will rent and then decide if i should buy.

zychi

Banned
Dat lack of actual gameplay tho.

Graphics look nice for their cutscenes.

I want actual info, VC info, and if it's eventually coming to PC

Its really hard to tell how improved the game is graphically when you can't do a quick Triple H hair tech comparison...

maxresdefault.jpg

I kid,Graphically the game looks oh so much better. Just hope it plays a whole lot better

Hasney

Holy shit I'm hyped. Anyone going to be crazy enough and get both gen versions?

No. I'm not high and last gen is likely to be a reskin.

Absolutely not.
But this game looks great graphically. Daniel Bryans hair looked weird. I don't know if it was the color or something.

Yeah, somethings off with it. Maybe he has too many hairs on his head overall and had to downgrade them to allow the game to run smoothly with the maximum participants (however many that is)

Did the graphics take a step backwards?

Compared to what?

Besides the entrances it was gameplay, just use of fancy camera angles.

Nah, I get what he means. It was just some move animations which mostly look good. No look of how an actual match pans out bar the crawling pin.

Looks good but a good legends NXT roster is the deal breaker for me

Yeah, that one for me

I think he probably means he wants to see how the game actually plays in terms of mechanics,flow etc. Not how the game looks when you do multiple jump cuts and camera angles to show off indivudual moves.

Seriously,when I hear gameplay trailer that's the last thing I want. I just want a dev,a controller and a full on match,maybe even some talking about whats happening. Those things do way more for me,and require a whole lot less effort than a nicely put together trailer like the one shown.

Damn, hate Kid Rock if you want but Bawitdaba is a hype as fuck song. Pumped.

However Next Gen still hasn't started because we did not get a glimpse of Triple H with hair. :(

TaKeRx

Absolutely not.
But this game looks great graphically. Daniel Bryans hair looked weird. I don't know if it was the color or something.

I might be the only one then LOL :X

Also, with Russev in the video and NXT characters on the achievement list, shen do you guys think they'll fully release the list? maybe they'll add some stestlers from the 02/03 era? Granted SummerSlam 02 will be in the game.

I think he probably means he wants to see how the game actually plays in terms of mechanics,flow etc. Not how the game looks when you do multiple jump cuts and camera angles to show off indivudual moves.

Seriously,when I hear gameplay trailer that's the last thing I want. I just want a dev,a controller and a full on match,maybe even some talking about whats happening. Those things do way more for me,and require a whole lot less effort than a nicely put together trailer like the one shown.
YouTube has quite a bit of gameplay vids. Doesn't look that fun but I just hope it was an older build.

Hasney

However Next Gen still hasn't started because we did not get a glimpse of Triple H with hair. :(

You've still got last gen HHH 2k15 hair
and HBKs odd mouth

81DTGd3kEyL._SL1500_.jpg

I might be the only one then LOL :X

Also, with Russev in the video and NXT characters on the achievement list, shen do you guys think they'll fully release the list? maybe they'll add some stestlers from the 02/03 era? Granted SummerSlam 02 will be in the game.

Reckon NXT will be shown off as part of some career mode trailer.

zychi

Banned
Step backwards from what? It looks great.

And this is why it keeps making money and these false advertisers continue to push out "gameplay" trailers for games that look nothing like the trailer.

None of that was gameplay. Gameplay means I see the hud, I see the normal camera angle. I see the shitty grapple system Yukes has used for a decade. I see the 900/53fps when they claim 1080p/60fps.

And this is why it keeps making money and these false advertisers continue to push out "gameplay" trailers for games that look nothing like the trailer.

None of that was gameplay. Gameplay means I see the hud, I see the normal camera angle. I see the shitty grapple system Yukes has used for a decade. I see the 900/53fps when they claim 1080p/60fps.
424%20-%20Raw%20animated_macro%20gif%20r-truth%20the_miz%20wwe.gif

That new "gameplay" Trailer, with terrible music and slow ass clunky footage almost has me cancelling my Hulkamania edition.... I NEED REAL IN GAME FOOTAGE WITH A FEW MATCHES OR SOMETHING.

That new "gameplay" Trailer, with terrible music and slow ass clunky footage almost has me cancelling my Hulkamania edition.... I NEED REAL IN GAME FOOTAGE WITH A FEW MATCHES OR SOMETHING.

Keep it, it's rare now so if you don't won't it you can always resell it

Hmmmmm I'm hoping that's xbox 360/ps3 footage cause it looked rough in some parts, the beards looked off, and they were so good in nba 2k14

Still gonna be there day 1, is Lana in the game ? :3

#FreeStardust

I think you haven't seen any of the recent WWE games if you think that's a step backwards.

Pushing YUKES off development is like a breath of fresh air. Here's hoping this has a comprehensive character creator, I would like to see a new season of VGCW with this version of the game.

Top Bottom