• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 - First Gameplay Details (IGN)

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...aw-universe-even-if-you-customize-match/page3

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?3486111-MASSIVE-Universe-Mode-Issue-Glitch

This really sucks. They really had to fuck it all up. This is first time in years I had been actually excited for a wrestling game.

Me too. But if this will be confirmed, bye bye D1.

Unless there will be a patch, It's confirmed for Raw, SD, NXT, but I see no confirmation for PPVs yet... there's still hope... I guess.

The title defense seems like a day-one patch to me. But again, it's yukes and they rarely patch anything, this time seems like an oversight, though.

Hasney

The title defense seems like a day-one patch to me. But again, it's yukes and they rarely patch anything, this time seems like an oversight, though.

So would changing the logic so there were less submission matches in Universe, but that lasted several years, let alone remained unpatched.

Striker

This is all 2K. Dumped match types last year for who knows why. Add them back this year as bullet points.

I don't understand how they've come to this decision. Makes zero sense.

WWE 13 had no 2 counts, and when people brought it up they said we were playing the game wrong. That didn't stop them from advertising it as fixed for 2k14.

So please enjoy WWE 2K17, now with the brand new feature of title matches in Universe.

WWE 13 had no 2 counts, and when people brought it up they said we were playing the game wrong. That didn't stop them from advertising it as fixed for 2k14.

So please enjoy WWE 2K17, now with the brand new feature of title matches in Universe.

Tbf, it was the shitty community manager who said that. He was fired/quit.

This is all 2K. Dumped match types last year for who knows why. Add them back this year as bullet points.

I almost stubbornly refuse to believe 2K has anything to do with these stupid decisions based solely on how good NBA 2K is : /

Hasney

And yet still no proper match creator so there's something for next year. Despite them being in the game code for the PC version, so making those menus must be so difficult.

I almost stubbornly refuse to believe 2K has anything to do with these stupid decisions based solely on how good NBA 2K is : /

They've made a ton of terrible decisions with that series too, it's just that Visual Concepts make a damn good core game.

Ya'll have been Yuked again. When a dev studio switches ownership from companies and the same horrible policies and procedures continue to happen after said change, it's not the company at fault. Yukes is just one of the, if not the, worst game development studio out. I would say that new Tony Hawk dev would be worst, but they haven't had 20 years to refine a game like Yukes.

Striker

2K takes over full control and all of a sudden, shitty customization in matches, entrances (remember they cut pre-sets last year), CAW had severe limitations, and online had a big overhaul. A bad one, because it nixed being able to play with friends in an open lobby.

NBA 2K had shitty options for years. It was only until this year they really started to improve a lot of their customization and features. They have a loooong way to go with the WWE team. These bugs are tripe (editing attires causes people to disappear). I remember vividly that THQ had problems financially so Q&A was not complete. What's 2K's excuse?

So it's now at that part of the usual cycle where the really bad news starts flying in as their next shitty game is close to launch. Fun times.

tumblr_n4t49dlJNv1qhvdrco1_1280.jpg

Mideon

And that is why they continue to do this. Lots of people buy the game every year, enough that WWE doesn't see Yukes as anything but their video game money maker :p.
Yup I'm part of the problem the money has already been taken for the pre order else I would have cancelled

Stuart444

Yup I'm part of the problem the money has already been taken for the pre order else I would have cancelled

Might as well enjoy it the best you can then
or return it but that'd be a hassle...

I'm content waiting til it's cheaper. I couldn't resist last time but this time feels easier to resist for me.

Obviously they wanted to make it look like he was coming down the steps but didn't factor in how they would have to change the arena to fit. Don't expect that entrance to be patched or fixed people.

dubq

I agree. I understand other people doing the mocap for wrestlers no longer active or unable to do their entrances anymore, but for the active roster? Get that shit outta here Yukes.

Laziness or being rushed.

Are you two for real? This is the way it has always been done. These guys are on the road 300 days a year. It's one thing to bring some cameras to an event to scan them, but they can't set up a mocap studio on the road or have every single roster member have time off to fly out to 2K and mocap their own moves/entrances. You're basically bitching for the sake of bitching at this point.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at that entrance. Like he's hovering in front of a green screen.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
LOL at that entrance. Like he's hovering in front of a green screen.

He is basically hovering somewhere. His actual entrance walks down stairs that don't exist in the WWE 2K universe. Instead of having him walk in on the floor level the entire way, they chose to do whatever that is.

Top Bottom