• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 - First Gameplay Details (IGN)

Hostile_18

Banned
I really wanted this game to be good after getting back into Wrestling again but that Roman Reigns entrance killed it lol. I'll cancel my pre order and wait on the reviews all I need is 80%+ and I'm in. Like others have said we really need competition in this genre.

Edit: How many games ago did we have been able to fight in the crowds... now we can't even have a wrestler walk though them in a cut scene....

You also can't edit or create title matches on PPVs. LOL

I'm glad I didn't preorder. I'll wait for a patch, and until then, Yukes will not have my money... which means no WWE game this year, probably.

MAtgS

You also can't edit or create title matches on PPVs. LOL

I'm glad I didn't preorder. I'll wait for a patch, and until then, Yukes will not have my money... which means no WWE game this year, probably.
Huh? In universe you mean? So it decides title matches for you or there are no titles on PPV?

In the Universe mode there are title matches on PPVs created by the CPU, as always, but if you edit a title match there is no way to put the title on the line (some thing if you just create the match) If you want to play a title match, you have to play the ones created by the CPU. It has just been said by a streamer on Twitch while playing the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzftXutrXJc

Jesus

Christ

Is this what WWE games have been reduced to?

I used to play WWE games all the way from the PS1 daws from raw? attitude to Smakdown vs Raw 2006 (my last game) and I used to play these games religiously to the point I was probably the best damn player at Smackdown lol serious, I used to beat my friends on 3 v 1 handicap matches because I was that good (even better other people) and my cousins used to make me beat up his friends on the games as well. I'm not the best at multiplayer games, but I'm damn sure I could have been in the top 5... ok top 10 world wide list of Smackdown players had those games had online multiplayer lol.

Smackdown games used to have amazing graphics and animations and were legit good games (especially HCTP, which is my all time favorite) ..... I just read 20 pages of this thread and this is both hilarious and sad. What a downfall of a series.

Lol I remember how one of my HCTP seasons had my caw be the champion for one damn year, he won the title as an AI and defended it all the way till I met him in WM and we both had a sick Hell in a Cell match ... I was so proud of that CAW lmao, I'm sure that guy had grown self aware and was his own AI.

I so wish that the games would go back to the gameplay stylings of the WWE Smackdown series, and the amount of crazy options those games had too. Nothing better than having a no-rules hardcore tornado tag match, and then leaving the ring and wandering around the stadium backstage, going to Vince McMahon's office, going down to the basement, hitting the main lobby, or hell, even go outside, over the road and start a fight in a pub just over the way from the arena entrance.

The focus on less choice, while trying to mimic the sport more realistically has really killed this series for me. WWE All Stars was probably the last great game the franchise had in my opinion. Mainly because it didn't take itself so damn seriously.

dakun

Hell in a Cell Spoiler
Del Rio is back... watch him being payed DLC with reused models and animations from last years game.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
For 2K17 I'm just gonna assume that they'll keep the AE guys in like they did for the WCW guys.
I just wanna keep playing as X-Pac.

Any news on custom soundtracks for last-gen versions of WWE 2K16. I'm willing to buy that version over the next-gen version. so I can have Brock Lesnar come out to Katamari Damacy music.

GravyButt

Think we could harass them on Twitter to get you know who added to the game with last years stuff after what happened last night? And while we are at it, is road dogg not in this game?! Can we seriously not have dx?!?!

Hasney

Think we could harass them on Twitter to get you know who added to the game with last years stuff after what happened last night? And while we are at it, is road dogg not in this game?! Can we seriously not have dx?!?!

They've not confirmed all the DLC yet. Since the work has been done, we might get the person you referred to from last night.

Zeb Coulter should really be in it, I agree.

As someone who only plays Universe Mode, if we can't do something as simple as create a title match whenever we want I won't buy the game. These games are a guilty pleasure of mine ever since I discovered GM mode in SvR 2006. I was in it for the roster update and they managed to fuck it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDnDqpy4a7Q

Did Yukes replace Mike Tyson with Tomohiro Ishii?

It's just so sad to watch these clips of real life spliced into the game,... Like they show the electricity that was Attitude-era main event Stone Cold, and then it cuts to the game to recreate the scene and it is this lifeless arena with canned crowd noise, robotic wrestler movements, repeating crowd animations, and commentary that is so terrible it's unlistenable. "wow! by the reaction that this guy got it's like he already won!" (low crowd buzz). "Can you feel the excitement that we feel here today in the WWE universe!?" :: low crowd rumble with lifeless Stone Cold walking robotically aorund the ring::

It's so sad that here we are just about 15 years after WWF No Mercy, and the games are significantly worse than they were in 2000.

ecurbj

Screw this mess going to hunt copies of HCTP, just bring it and smackdown 2 to play on my ps2

Teleport spear + jackhammer cant believe they did it so well on the ps2 , truly the king

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CfJG5gnBw
I miss this game so much. So much that I'm about to hunt for a copy on eBay.

Not sure if it's been answered and sorry if it's been asked already but is there a Season / Storyline Mode like the earlier SmackDowns yet?

delSai

I'm also at the point where im like "Maybe i should cancel my preorder".. :/ I wish there was an alternative for wrestling-game fans :s

Top Bottom