• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 - First Gameplay Details (IGN)

Hasney

Can't wait for the OT and reviews.

Release date embargo always strikes me as

VorFyCY.jpg

Go back to the old ones?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you can, depends if you can have old shit hooked up or your PC can handle Dolphin/PCSX2.

schaft0620

I am completely on the fence about this game if the Dudeys were in it and it had a WM9 arena I would of already paid in full fuck reviews. Now I probably won't buy the game until December (or at all) because the reviews will bomb.

shanafan

I am completely on the fence about this game if the Dudeys were in it and it had a WM9 arena I would of already paid in full fuck reviews. Now I probably won't buy the game until December (or at all) because the reviews will bomb.

I bought games that got all 10s, but was immediately let down. Don't let reviews sway your opinion. Rent it from Gamefly, and see how it is.

Honesty, wrestling games generally speaking do not get high scores because the genre is geared to a wrestling fan. Normal reviewers won't understand it.

I bought games that got all 10s, but was immediately let down. Don't let reviews sway your opinion. Rent it from Gamefly, and see how it is.

Honesty, wrestling games generally speaking do not get high scores because the genre is geared to a wrestling fan. Normal reviewers won't understand it.

The annual wrestling game does fine review wise

Well.. the only reason why my Ps2 is still ready to go is so i can play Fire Pro, SvR07(GM Mode) and Here comes the pain. Something NEW, with Online stuff would be nice.
Eh, guess fighting a game with the "WWE" name attached to it is a dumb idea.

There's all stars, but the servers are dead

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Well.. the only reason why my Ps2 is still ready to go is so i can play Fire Pro, SvR07(GM Mode) and Here comes the pain. Something NEW, with Online stuff would be nice.
Eh, guess fighting a game with the "WWE" name attached to it is a dumb idea.

There is that mobile game "Immortals".

I feel like most wrestling fans would enjoy these games more if they bought them every other year, something that I can say from experience during the Smackdown vs RAW years though though I've faltered since WWE 12. At 2 years apart, you're more likely to miss the small details they take out, they'll be bigger changes to modes and rosters should be more varied.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Already buying the PS4 version because I know I'll make it back with my youtube channel (and then some)

Put the 360 version in my gamefly for shits and giggles, and they actually shipped it. Guessing it'll be just like last years roster update.

so,no pc version this time too?

2K15 got one, it just came out 6 months late

Hasney

Kind of excited for another WWE yearly game wild ride. You know, the reactions, not actually playing it this time.

Yb8vBBQ.gif

so,no pc version this time too?

Nope. Honestly think it could go either way. Release in April again, or they might be annoyed with how much people showed was actually in the game but hidden away and not bother.

crpav

Lol, as if people don't know these games are shit.

People should already know what they get with the WWE 2K series in it's current offering. The super dedicated fans will buy day one. The standard fans will wait for a price drop. I fall in the wait for a price drop category. I am enjoying last years game and paid a little under $30. Really it's a 15 to 20 game but enjoying it enough for what it is. I enjoyed 2k13 and 2k14 as well.

I feel like most wrestling fans would enjoy these games more if they bought them every other year, something that I can say from experience during the Smackdown vs RAW years though though I've faltered since WWE 12. At 2 years apart, you're more likely to miss the small details they take out, they'll be bigger changes to modes and rosters should be more varied.
This is what I do. The exception was 13 and 14 because of the rosters of AE and legends.

delSai

People should already know what they get with the WWE 2K series in it's current offering. The super dedicated fans will buy day one. The standard fans will wait for a price drop. I fall in the wait for a price drop category. I am enjoying last years game and paid a little under $30. Really it's a 15 to 20 game but enjoying it enough for what it is. I enjoyed 2k13 and 2k14 as well.

Yeah, waiting for a price drop sounds like a good idea.

Hasney

I saw it on OpenCritic as I was browsing through.

Cheers. Looks like it's a relatively new feature for the site, so if we don't see anything posted when the game is actually out, I'll throw up a thread. Apparently review embargo dates can also be embargoed, so it's unlikely we'll see any sites talking about it.

EDIT: Might be a mistake, they've got the release date as the 28th too, as well as Halos release date.

Sounder2

Cheers. Looks like it's a relatively new feature for the site, so if we don't see anything posted when the game is actually out, I'll throw up a thread. Apparently review embargo dates can also be embargoed, so it's unlikely we'll see any sites talking about it.

EDIT: Might be a mistake, they've got the release date as the 28th too, as well as Halos release date.

Where do you see Halo's release date is that? I'm on the page and it clearly says October 27th, 2015.

Halo 5 Page

Nope. Honestly think it could go either way. Release in April again, or they might be annoyed with how much people showed was actually in the game but hidden away and not bother.

I reckon they'll release in April again to squeeze the last few dollars out of the yearly franchise before the new one is released again. I'm sure they're not bothered by that point in the game's life cycle at what people discover compared to a fresh batch of $40 purchases coming!

Hasney

Huh, wonder if it's doing something funky to try and adjust for timezones since I'm in the UK. Looked up Fallout and that's the 11th as well, so somethings going weird.

Either way, if nothing shows up by midday my time tomorrow, I'll post the thread about the embargo unless someone else wants to do it earlier as a rumour.

EDIT: 1 day, 10 hours, 40 minutes. Hovering over, it says 28th October 4:01am.

Sounder2

Huh, wonder if it's doing something funky to try and adjust for timezones since I'm in the UK. Looked up Fallout and that's the 11th as well, so somethings going weird.

Either way, if nothing shows up by midday my time tomorrow, I'll post the thread about the embargo unless someone else wants to do it earlier as a rumour.

EDIT: 1 day, 10 hours, 40 minutes. Hovering over, it says 28th October 4:01am.

So it looks like its adjusting the release date based on what time zone you are in because I have the exact same time remaining on my embargo lift.

Hasney

Unsubstantiated rumour, but I have seen on a couple of forums that IGNs will go up at 9pm today. Not sure on timezone.

They might have the exclusive review, which will be hilarious if true.

Unsubstantiated rumour, but I have seen on a couple of forums that IGNs will go up at 9pm today. Not sure on timezone.

They might have the exclusive review, which will be hilarious if true.

I'll spoil it for you:

"Fans of the series who were disappointed with last year's mediocre WWE release will be pleased to find a tight, balanced wrestling game that brings the series back to greatness."

They've been running the same review for 10 years. 2K17 will say the same.

schaft0620

This is such bullshit, the guys over at IGN are a bunch of pussies. They spend the whole year IGN FIRST EXCLUSIVE WWE 2K16 YOU WON'T BELIEVE THESE FEATURES! Promoting the game while the publisher controls the flow of news content only to be forced up to the last minute to push out the review. 2K has no faith in this product and IGN is allowing the flow of their content to be controlled by the publishers.

They gave it 7 last year, but they didn't have the deal where they do the reveal and everything. That's surely worth an extra point.

They also got mad about the ign first thing too. If they gave it a 7 for last year's horrible game you know its a 8.5 or 9 this year.

shanafan

I bought the PS4 Digital Deluxe Edition yesterday, and clicked on Auto-Download. It said the download would start on 10/25, same day as I bought it.

However, when I went to bed last night, the download still didn't start yet. Let's hope it started some time today!

Yeah hopefully this will be 30 bucks on black Friday but seeing as how 15 is just now becoming 20 bucks, I doubt it.

Historically it goes to $29 at Walmart every year on Black Friday. Last year was different since it didn't come out until almost Thanksgiving on PS4 and XB1.

dreamfall

You know, I buy these games every year. This thread has been a lot of fun in seeing some of the lazy, half-assed animations that they continue to put out. I enjoy the games, but having HCTP running through PCSX2 just kind of satiated my desire. I haven't put enough time into 15 either, so I'll probably wait. Any word on the PC release date?

No its because over the years standards have been lowered for wrestling games.

But you are right that just like the Dynasty Warriors crap. This shit is review proof.

El Patron

Neo Member
Games not out until Friday over here, you have 2 days to make me cancel my pre order and come to my senses.

I've not bought a WWE game since the Attitude Era one with Punk on the cover, was that 12 or 13 ?

Hmm. Someone else mentioned getting the grapple mini-game in their first match. Mine was Ambrose vs. Rollins and it didn't happen. I didn't do a breakout or anything.

shanafan

Games not out until Friday over here, you have 2 days to make me cancel my pre order and come to my senses.

I've not bought a WWE game since the Attitude Era one with Punk on the cover, was that 12 or 13 ?

Yep, 13. Attitude Era mode. I don't think 12 had anything special.

Since the acquisition of WWE by 2K, I am really enjoying the 2K Showcases.

GravyButt

Hmm. Someone else mentioned getting the grapple mini-game in their first match. Mine was Ambrose vs. Rollins and it didn't happen. I didn't do a breakout or anything.
Mine showed up in my first match. Kane 98 vs dlo brown. It was also enabled by default in the sliders. Blood was also off by default.

Top Bottom