• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE brings back Starrcade for Network Special - November 25th

Fatalah

6ZeRZFc.jpg

What a show!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So the return of the biggest WCW PPV is given the honor of a house show.

Keep on Vinceing, Vince.

komarkaze

Is the payoff to Dolph Ziggler story of him copying everyone's entrances that he can't copy Bobby Roode's Glorious entrance?

Bladelaw

I'm a super lapsed wrestling fan and I think this might actually get me to start the free WWEN sub. Any of the matches look like they have potential? I'm not familiar with most of the cast here but I can go back and catch up if necessary.

I'm a super lapsed wrestling fan and I think this might actually get me to start the free WWEN sub. Any of the matches look like they have potential? I'm not familiar with most of the cast here but I can go back and catch up if necessary.
Zayn/Owens and usos/new day is guaranteed fire.

DeathyBoy

Banned
nice card, but I'm tired of Uso vs New Day feud. They've been feuding since like forever. Should have been Gable & Benjamin instead of New Day. While this feud is progressing, New Day need to sideline a little while and be repackaged for their return. I think their second heel turn is due.

Turning New Day heel wouldn't work. They're at Eddie level - fans are going to cheer them regardless. And WWE trying to get fans to boo
Eddie was just a complete train wreck.

ETA - and what the fuck at people throwing snark at Zayn vs Owens? Legitimately one of the best feuds of the modern age.

MechaX

LOOK, UP IN THE RAFTERS! IT'S STANNNNG! STANG IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, IT'S BOGUS STANG.. STANG IS NOT HERE TONIGHT.

WAIT, THAT'S THE REAL ONE! THE REAL STANG IS HERE! BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP BIG TIME! THAT'S ALL THE TIME WE HAVE LEFT, FOLKS! WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Remember that time that Sting had a Sting Army

Well you'll see the same matches over and over on house shows, which makes sense

But noted

I’m talking televised events, you draw people to the house shows based on the quality of the television program. You think it’s some random coincidence that as ratings have tanked so has live attendance? As someone who watches the television show, if I’m seeing Uso/New Day every damn week I’m not going to be interested in seeing them live if their is a live event nearby.

Brand split has been a disaster, you don’t split an already weak roster just because creative didn’t know how to make Smackdown relevant

I’m talking televised events, you draw people to the house shows based on the quality of the television program. You think it’s some random coincidence that as ratings have tanked so has live attendance? As someone who watches the television show, if I’m seeing Uso/New Day every damn week I’m not going to be interested in seeing them live if their is a live event nearby.

Brand split has been a disaster, you don’t split an already weak roster just because creative didn’t know how to make Smackdown relevant

As a pro wrestling hanger on...

Is the roster weak or is it that WWE creative has no idea how to handle the roster? From what it looks like, this is one of the strongest rosters ever in terms of talent, it's just that the writing, booking, and how talent is used is terrible.

Risette

A Good Citizen

Is the roster weak or is it that WWE creative has no idea how to handle the roster? From what it looks like, this is one of the strongest rosters ever in terms of talent, it's just that the writing, booking, and how talent is used is terrible.
It's creative.

Roster is probably the strongest it's ever been in terms of sheer collective talent.

We’re talking pro wrasslin, so obviously it’s all subjective, but I think this roster is all time weak. Yes this roster has greater workers and are obviously as athelitic as a roster has ever been but there are zero stars, or anyone who is memorable in anyway besides being a “great worker”. The only stars I see on the roster are Brock, Reigns, Cena, Strowman and Orton. Guys like Owens, who towered over by Shane lol, are just a mid card level talent to me. Can’t take them seriously at top positions, Balor is someone else I wouldn’t picture with anything more than the European title in the Attitude Era.

No Starrcade is good. I watched it for the first time in 2017, god only knows how much nostalgia people get who watched it than and rewatch it now.

Heroman

Banned

Creative, if put most of WWE legit talented guys in allot of era or promotion they would be stars.

fhqwhgads

We’re talking pro wrasslin, so obviously it’s all subjective, but I think this roster is all time weak. Yes this roster has greater workers and are obviously as athelitic as a roster has ever been but there are zero stars, or anyone who is memorable in anyway besides being a “great worker”. The only stars I see on the roster are Brock, Reigns, Cena, Strowman and Orton. Guys like Owens, who towered over by Shane lol, are just a mid card level talent to me. Can’t take them seriously at top positions, Balor is someone else I wouldn’t picture with anything more than the European title in the Attitude Era.
I never believe the whole "You gotta have the look" part of wrestling. If we go by that, guys like Bret and Shawn would've never became WWF champion.

I never believe the whole "You gotta have the look" part of wrestling. If we go by that, guys like Bret and Shawn would've never became WWF champion.

Shawn Michaels had more charisma in his pinky than this entire roster. Bret Hart I agree with you, he's someone that got over because of his work rate alone, but very few have.

Or Eddie
Or Wild Pegasus
Etc

Eddie didn't become champion until after he blew up with the Latino Heat gimmick and became a great personality. Benoit is like Bret, one of the very few that got over on work rate alone

Heroman

Banned
Shawn Michaels had more charisma in his pinky than this entire roster. Bret Hart I agree with you, he’s someone that got over because of his work rate alone, but very few have.

Eddie didn’t become champion until after he blew up with the Latino Heat gimmick and became a great personality. Benoit is like Bret, one of the very few that got over on work rate alone
Brayn
Finn
Etc

This isn't War Games.
I know logistically they'll never do it, but even though I had to suspend disbelief even more with War Games (mostly the heels winning the coin flip every damn time-thing), I love the double cage, and the alternating entrances.

I suppose a team-based, I Quit version of the Elimination Chamber accomplishes something similar :(

Striker

Not probably, it is.

Compare the average Wyatt match after five years to the shite Taker was doing five years in.
Feuding with Mankind? Not even close.

In terms of workrate it isn't even close to what WWE had between 2001-2003. And the characters are either unimaginative or completely generic. Guys look stock as ever. To stand out WWE tries putting these labels on guys and comes off forced as hell, ie. Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose.

Buckle

I miss WCW sometimes. It was always my jam more than the WWE was even if it did turn into a fucking nightmare at the end.

Excited to see them bring back the zombified corpse of one of it's PPVs.

Please give me a Ric Flair/Mean Gene promo

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEANNNNN BAH GAWD BAH GAWD BAH GAWD GENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We are in Greensboro, North Carolinah and baby we lookin good! WOO!!!

When the cops storm the ring and arrest Ric for unpaid alimony will it be a work or a shoot?

Top Bottom