• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network gains 33k new subscribers since Wrestlemania (Q2 results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

Kaladin

I'm canceling my sub too. I got the service through Summerslam. I'm probably going to drop it until the Royal Rumble comes up.

Kusagari

The fact that they already have had that many cancellations is the real scary number here for WWE.

Imagine what's going to happen when the official 6 months pass for everyone who signed up immediately.

Drop could be huge.

The fact that they already have had that many cancellations is the real scary number here for WWE.

Imagine what's going to happen when the official 6 months pass for everyone who signed up immediately.

Drop could be huge.

Yep, they'll be lucky to be at 400k. Let's see what will wake them up to change their product.

I think they're so blinded by the 90% happiness rate statistic to care about putting all of their effort into this. This is the same company that didn't see the Daniel Bryan thing getting so big at Royal Rumble 2013 despite him being the obvious next big star to every single wrestling fan.

Kaladin

I think they're so blinded by the 90% happiness rate statistic to care about putting all of their effort into this. This is the same company that didn't see the Daniel Bryan thing getting so big at Royal Rumble 2013 despite him being the obvious next big star to every single wrestling fan.

I still think DB comes back from surgery jobbing to Russev or whoever is in that role at the time.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Yep, they'll be lucky to be at 400k. Let's see what will wake them up to change their product.

I think there will be a massive drop until right before Royal Rumble, at which point a lot of people will re-up to get RR & WM on the same six month plan.

I still think DB comes back from surgery jobbing to Russev or whoever is in that role at the time.

He lost his top spot, which they didn't want him to have anyway, when he got injured. When he comes back he will have to compete with Reigns, potentially Orton, Jeff Hardy if TNA goes out of business, and Cena. Rusev will be dancing in a comedy role once he jobs to Cena, probably later this year.

somedevil

Nope, Sheamus is going to be doing that in September.

Bryan is scheduled to return for the Rumble. So if they are smart they will give him the title match against Lesnar and put the match on last.

If they put him in the rumble there is a huge chance the fans will turn on Reigns because everyone would want him to win.

WWE network will offer a $19.99 per month price for those who don't want to commit to the six month period. It's clear from the number of people who dropped the network even with the commitment in place that it will be much easier to just order at $9.99 and stop paying.

A one-time payment plan has been offered. Currently subscribers are billed $9.99 per month, but now they can sign up for $59.94 and be billed all at once. The hope is that people will sign up to be billed all at once which saves money for people who decide to drop.

Lol they think they can get 19.99 a month. Only reason I still have it is cause it's 9.99.

I'll be canceling my sub after Summerslam. And it looks like a fuck ton of other people will be doing that too going by those numbers

Kaladin

Nope, Sheamus is going to be doing that in September.

Bryan is scheduled to return for the Rumble. So if they are smart they will give him the title match against Lesnar and put the match on last.

If they put him in the rumble there is a huge chance the fans will turn on Reigns because everyone would want him to win.

Or how about a reset, he's in Rumble at #30, wins and goes on to face Lesnar who has been dominant since winning the belt at Summerslam.....boom. Bryan vs Lesnar for the title is an instant marquee match at Mania that will put butts in the seats.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They could avoid all this if they just offer more of the library.

Like I've said, from the get go it should have just be a netflix service with no network. Then, they could have preserved their PPV business. Instead, they tried to gain leverage for the TV negotiations with a BS network. Just have a Netflix service with real access to their library.

$19.99 per month is hilarious. I mean sure, going above 9.99 per month makes sense if you want to make the $60 commitment have greater value but 2x the price is silly. $12.99 would have been ok. $15 would be pushing it. $20 is just desperate looking.

WWE really screwed the pooch with this which is sad. I think the Network is worth it for a cheap and legal way to watch PPV's alone.

The archive is something for super hardcore fans but its really niche. I dont think it will ever be a draw the way WWE wants it to be

somedevil

Or how about a reset, he's in Rumble at #30, wins and goes on to face Lesnar who has been dominant since winning the belt at Summerslam.....boom. Bryan vs Lesnar for the title is an instant marquee match at Mania that will put butts in the seats.

That would be great but right now they are pushing reigns so I'm being realistic in way happens.

I canceled my debit card and denied PayPal payments...kiss my black ass Vince

Wow you did all that so you couldn't pay 9.99 for a couple of months? Bet Vince is crying now as we speak.

Sheroking

Except I think it's crystal clear they're giving that to Reigns.

The goal with Lesnar is to create a new star with his first defeat.

I don't know who will pay $19.99 a month when the $9.99 option is right there, especially if they are not going after those who stopped paying before the six months was up.

Glad I picked not to auto-renew, I don't watch the Network nearly as much as I thought I might. I like NXT, but I can get that on Hulu Plus.

Meltzer clarified the 690k figure. He said it was around 700k on June 30th, which is the date they announced numbers from, but 10,000 people have quit the network just in July. That is crazy, because they've been hyping the fuck out of it non-stop on Raw and gave 2 trials in July for a week that didn't require a credit card.

Meltzer clarified the 690k figure. He said it was around 700k on June 30th, which is the date they announced numbers from, but 10,000 people have quit the network just in July. That is crazy, because they've been hyping the fuck out of it non-stop on Raw and gave 2 trials in July for a week that didn't require a credit card.

Cena winning the title drove more subscribers away than all that hyping and free trials brought in

Great to hear that the network is finally coming to the UK in October. I'm sick of trying to get the PPV off of download sites every month. Please don't try and dick us over price though Vincent.

$19.99 per month is hilarious. I mean sure, going above 9.99 per month makes sense if you want to make the $60 commitment have greater value but 2x the price is silly. $12.99 would have been ok. $15 would be pushing it. $20 is just desperate looking.

WWE really screwed the pooch with this which is sad. I think the Network is worth it for a cheap and legal way to watch PPV's alone.

The archive is something for super hardcore fans but its really niche. I dont think it will ever be a draw the way WWE wants it to be

$19.99 makes sense, because they feel they can get some people for a couple of ppvs for a month. Say for instance you get the Rumble and Mania. That's only $40 compared to $60. However, the way they currently have it, you can do the 6 month commitment at 9.99 and cancel after the shows you want to see anyway with no repercussions.

Cena winning the title drove more subscribers away than all that hyping and free trials brought in

At this point I hope he beats Lesnar at Summerslam, just because of how funny it would be on here. I mean they did have him beat Lesnar, in Lesnar's first fucking match back after being UFC champion.

They are offering a service that caters to the hardcore, you must offer what the hardcore wants to keep them happy (Nitro's, Attitude era Raw's, new content, no more "same old shit" booking), and build from there. These are the type of people who will say, "Fuck you, I'll just cancel my credit card and illegally stream your PPV's". There has been no proof that the casual WWE audience is ready to embrace the network (Money in the Bank did over 100k PPV buys?) if they lose the hardcore, they are fucked.

Kaladin

They are offering a service that caters to the hardcore, you must offer what the hardcore wants to keep them happy (Nitro's, Attitude era Raw's, new content, no more "same old shit" booking). These are the type of people who will say, "Fuck you, I'll just cancel my credit card and illegally stream your PPV's". There has been no proof that the casual WWE audience is ready to embrace the network (Money in the Bank did over 100k PPV buys?) if they lose the hardcore, they are fucked.

You're kind of right. I would argue that the 700k figure is the # of hardcore fans currently watching the product. It seems about right.

gurudyne

I think there will be a massive drop until right before Royal Rumble, at which point a lot of people will re-up to get RR & WM on the same six month plan.

With the Network, WWE needs to add some incentive to re-upping during football season. Summerslam alone doesn't cut it. The July, September, October, (the once-great) November and December PPVs are all B-tier. Their normal calendar leans so heavily on the late winter-early summer months you could subscribe for six months and not miss much of anything.

Snaku

Banned
With the Network, WWE needs to add some incentive to re-upping during football season. Summerslam alone doesn't cut it. The July, September, October, (the once-great) November and December PPVs are all B-tier. Their normal calendar leans so heavily on the late winter-early summer months you could subscribe for six months and not miss much of anything.

They're giving WWE Shop credit for new subscribers, but aren't offering any incentives for people to renew. There should be some kind of loyalty reward program for people who stick with it. I subbed day one and they aren't giving me shit other than still no Nitro or Attitude era Raw.

Lothar

Banned
You have a point there. Its sometimes hard to watch ecw shows on the network because of the shitty b tier cover songs because of licensing issues. New jack coming out with a shopping cart full of crap to some generic rap song brings down the mood of the match. As far as fans being silence to rvd...I blame that on the company itself. When you conditioned the hell out of crowds by taking away some signs, trying to push a certain wrestler on them and make them feel like a inferior part of the show...you are going to get nothing but lukewarm reception to majority of wrestlers with the exception of the usual.

I'm saying RVD comes out to silence in ECW, at least on the network. Fans mostly chanted along with the song when he came out. But now that the song's removed, the fans singing is also removed. So it looks like no one cared about him.

It would be a bad thing if anyone ever experienced ECW this way.

Can anyone tell me if the fans are muted in every theme song switch, or is it just when the fans were singing along? Do you hear any the crowd in a New Jack match?

Wow you did all that so you couldn't pay 9.99 for a couple of months? Bet Vince is crying now as we speak.

I would. It's the principal of the matter. I wouldn't even notice if $9.99 disappeared from my bank every month. But if you don't put out good service or you could be doing a hell of a lot better, then you shouldn't get my money. I'm so disappointed with their product, I wouldn't even give them $1.

They're giving WWE Shop credit for new subscribers, but aren't offering any incentives for people to renew. There should be some kind of loyalty reward program for people who stick with it. I subbed day one and they aren't giving me shit other than still no Nitro or Attitude era Raw.

They think those who subscribed day one are the type who will resubscribe no matter what.

At this point I hope he beats Lesnar at Summerslam, just because of how funny it would be on here. I mean they did have him beat Lesnar, in Lesnar's first fucking match back after being UFC champion.

I do hope the network fucking crashes and burns just to drive home how idiotic they are for brainlessly continuing to push one guy at a time at the expense of guys that people actually want to see. Of course, they'll just ignore it and carry on as usual.

Let's be fair, Cena was the only real choice for champ after Bryan left. Things will hopefully be right soon, but those are famous last words when you're dealing with John Cena.

I do hope the network fucking crashes and burns just to drive home how idiotic they are for brainlessly continuing to push one guy at a time at the expense of guys that people actually want to see. Of course, they'll just ignore it and carry on as usual.

To be fair, they have expanded to brainlessly pushing two guys

Let's be fair, Cena was the only real choice for champ after Bryan left. Things will hopefully be right soon, but those are famous last words when you're dealing with John Cena.

Cena was they only real choice because they continue to not elevate anyone. Bryan was put into a feud with fucking Kane (in 2014!!!) after winning the title, who the hell that that was a good idea? The belt was always going to a babyface after Mania (Batista originally, then Bryan), where was the the build-up for who was going to challenge for that title? Perhaps that person could have won the title when Bryan went down? Instead they did nothing, and realized "we have nobody but Cena" when it's their fault they have nobody but Cena.

bigkrev

Cena was they only real choice because they continue to not elevate anyone. Bryan was put into a feud with fucking Kane (in 2014!!!) after winning the title, who the hell that that was a good idea? The belt was always going to a babyface after Mania (Batista originally, then Bryan), where was the the build-up for who was going to challenge for that title? Perhaps that person could have won the title when Bryan went down? Instead they did nothing, and realized "we have nobody but Cena" when it's their fault they have nobody but Cena.

...because he was going to miss 1 of the 4 weeks of build to the PPV due to his honeymoon (and then missed another week after his dad died), they put him in a minor feud for the first post Mania PPV, as he would not be around to build the feud properly. My guess is Wyatt was his next feud after beating Kane, saving us from that 3rd Cena-Wyatt match

gurudyne

Cesaro isn't a booking fuck-up? Ziggler?

Ziggler's where he should be now. Upper card, struggling to break through to main event. It's compelling and suits his abilities as a performer. Really, all they need to do with some of their roster is not ignore them or put them in pointless matches that go nowhere and do nothing for either participant to be more compelling.

Cesaro's booking was idiotic though.

They totally fucked over Cesaro. Guy was super over and ready to be a face, they change his music and pair him with Paul Heyman. Then they tell him not to do any of the moves that got him over like the swing. Now he's jobbing to Kofi Kingston.

bigkrev

Zigglers treatment probably comes from the fact that he has said some stupid, stupid, STUPID stuff late at night on Twitter in the past

Then they tell him not to do any of the moves that got him over like the swing.
Don't believe everything you see on dirt sheets. That was clearly bullshit.

Zigglers treatment probably comes from the fact that he has said some stupid, stupid, STUPID stuff late at night on Twitter in the past
Nah, he's just not that good. He can't talk. He can bounce around, but he does the exact same spots in nearly every match, so it comes off so fake. I couldn't tell you what his actual offensive moveset is. He definitely puts his heart into it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom