• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE NXT |OT| The Best Indy Wrestling free on Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgt jumpy

Banned
Well you have to remember, a lot of this is basically internship stuff; so while it's definitely a sweet damn deal, there's no guarantees of anything after the fact :(

So at least you got a sweet MacBook Pro! :D
I'm not sure how the deal works, but each "semester" is every month. You take a class for up to two months, and you have four hour long lectures and four hour long labs, sometimes up to 20 hours a day, usually between 8 and 16. What probably happens is part of the HD television production class runs this show, say the second month, while the first monthers are learning how to operate the 200$ grand Sony studio cams, the switcher, the mixing board, the studio lighting, etc. not an internship so much as a class(I'm assuming, maybe it's done by graduates as an internship?). I'm not really worried about the money, I have a job in broadcasting ATM, but I'd have loved the experience and just being live at shows once a week would be so cool.

They give MBPs to new students when they start school. They implemented this after I started, maybe six months. No MBP from school for me. Though basically they just raised tuition. Mine was about 60 grand, now they're paying over 70.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is this still a thing? Something people laugh at?

YOU GOT SOME CROW TO EAT AIII

Hey, I'm willing to admit it, I could've kept quiet. Bo's new heel character is somewhat enjoyable.

Does this mean I agree with ironically posting millions of Bo pictures? Hell no, NEVER SURRENDER!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm not sure how the deal works, but each "semester" is every month. You take a class for up to two months, and you have four hour long lectures and four hour long labs, sometimes up to 20 hours a day, usually between 8 and 16. What probably happens is part of the HD television production class runs this show, say the second month, while the first monthers are learning how to operate the 200$ grand Sony studio cams, the switcher, the mixing board, the studio lighting, etc. not an internship so much as a class(I'm assuming, maybe it's done by graduates as an internship?). I'm not really worried about the money, I have a job in broadcasting ATM, but I'd have loved the experience and just being live at shows once a week would be so cool.

They give MBPs to new students when they start school. They implemented this after I started, maybe six months. No MBP from school for me. Though basically they just raised tuition. Mine was about 60 grand, now they're paying over 70.

I don't think a MBP costs 10 grand. Even Apple markups aren't THAT high. ;)

Marvel

could never
I appreciate how he is working the crowds hatred for him into growing a deeper stranger heel character from it.

He still shouldn't be NXT champ tough, I'll stand by that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I'm willing to admit it, I could've kept quiet. Bo's new heel character is somewhat enjoyable.

Does this mean I agree with ironically posting millions of Bo pictures? Hell no, NEVER SURRENDER!

Not ironically.

rFRnSWz.gif

sgt jumpy

Banned
I don't think a MBP costs 10 grand. Even Apple markups aren't THAT high. ;)

That's Full Sail for you, lol. The tuition went up for other reasons as well, but a 1500$ MBP is a decent dent.

I have my own MBP, but it is older, from a couple months before I moved to Orlando. The screen wants to black out when it moves, and it needs another new battery. :/

Penguin

What is the story with Bo?

Like why did fans turn against him?

Also Emma is great

But Paige is so hot.

Didn't even know Summer Rae could actually wrestle.

Dislike CJ Parker.

sgt jumpy

Banned
So I'm watching yesterday's NXT. It's my first show. Have only seen Tyler Breeze vs CJ Parker. Funny match, Breeze is hilarious.

Emma... Damn, girl. I'd move back to Orlando for dat.

Ithil

Also Emma is great

But Paige is so hot.

Didn't even know Summer Rae could actually wrestle.

Dislike CJ Parker.

Because he's unbelievably awful at every aspect of pro wrestling but got a bigger push than anyone else.

Branson

I got Hulu plus kind of for stuff like this. First time I watched it was the episode with the Cesaro and Zayn 2/3 falls match. Great introduction. Dat through the ropes DDT.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
This was worth the subscription to Hulu Plus, but now that it's free I can safely state:

ANYONE WHO LIKED WRESTLING AT ANY POINT IN THEIR LIVES SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW AND GET BACK ON THE TRAIN CHOO CHOO.

That is all.

Linkhero1

Cesaro and Zayn match was insane. I don't like what WWE has done to Raw and Smackdown over the years, but this looks right up my alley. Will begin to watch starting tonight. Any other notable matches not listed in the OP that I should check out?

jred2k

Yeah CJ Parker is definitely the worst now. I kept hoping for him to give himself whiplash every time he was trying to fling his dreads out of his face. The only redeeming quality about him is that is introduced as being from the Moonchild Commune.

Bo being BOblivious is actually pretty entertaining. The one part of that promo reminded me of Boo vs. Boourns.

Great show and it really shows WWE's problem is not the talent. Its the bookers and creative team they have working on the main roster. NXT is just more fun.

Also the NXT's womens scene is so much better then the main roster from every single POV its staggering. So many people who have actual talent. Its a shame they will all job to failed ex models once they get moved up.

Ithil

CJ Parker sucks because he doesn't seem to get his own gimmick. He's like a guy doing an impression of another guy badly playing a hippie in a movie. And he's bad at acting even by wrestling standards.

Marvel

could never
the NXT's womens scene is so much better then the main roster from every single POV its staggering. So many people who have actual talent. Its a shame they will all job to failed ex models once they get moved up.

God I hope not... but yeah NXT has amazing talent. Makes you realize just how bad the current roster is on the flagship shows when it comes to the "Divas".

As for CJ Parker... yeah 'nuff said about that moonchild debut the better. I'll be fast forwarding that shit from now on.

I like what I've seen of this except Leo Kruger, who for some reason is on the show all the fucking time and has nothing interesting going on at all. He looks dumb, he acts dumb, he doesn't have a good moveset, etc. He's just nothing.

Well, first match was Tyler Breeze, then an interview with Emma, and then hulu crashed while loading the ad for the second commercial break.

Was that a flawless way to watch it?

I like what I've seen of this except Leo Kruger, who for some reason is on the show all the fucking time and has nothing interesting going on at all. He looks dumb, he acts dumb, he doesn't have a good moveset, etc. He's just nothing.

Aw, I feel the exact opposite. But I may just like him for the way he says "KRUUUGERRRR" and the way the fans said it with him in that Bo Dallas match.

Well, first match was Tyler Breeze, then an interview with Emma, and then hulu crashed while loading the ad for the second commercial break.

Was that a flawless way to watch it?
Hulu does this at least two times per episode for me. Pisses me off. Glad I can ditch Hulu Plus now that it's free. Hulu is the worst. Wish they would put them up on Netflix or something and add new episodes every week.

Good OP. NXT is so awesome. Raw started to get good again finally, but the NXT upped it up even more with the 2/3 falls match and the subsequent title feud set up on this week's episode.

Even main roster talents are practically elevated when they show up here. Big E gets to be the charismatic machine that 5 counts fools into oblivion that he should be, AJ gets to be the AJ everyone likes, Dolph Ziggler got to win a match clean.

The fans turned on him because he's legitimately terrible at everything and he was being pushed as a super-face, so they gave him the gimmick of someone who's terrible at everything with delusions of being a super-face which is a great gimmick for a heel champion.

Also putting Sylvester LeFort in the OP who has done nothing but be a heel because he has a French accent and leaving out Enzo Amore is a huge oversight.

So why was Bo getting pushed in the first place? Was it just because he looks weird and they confused that with charisma?

Also screw you Paige and Emma people. Its all about Bayley. I cant tell if its just the character or she is just a little bit awkward on the mic but I really like the stupid promos and the super fan "I want to hug you but I need to win this match" gimmick.

Also DAT ASS.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii is SAWFT

Yeah, I did forget Enzo Amore, totally my bad.

To be fair, not all the NXT stars are on wwe.com's NXT section, so I had to remembers stuff by myself.

It's okay, you guys can talk him up for me.

Or his amazing new haircut:
enzo-amore-haircut-650x371.png

Ithil

So why was Bo getting pushed in the first place? Was it just because he looks weird and they confused that with charisma?

Also screw you Paige and Emma people. Its all about Bayley. I cant tell if its just the character or she is just a little bit awkward on the mic but I really like the stupid promos and the super fan "I want to hug you but I need to win this match" gimmick.

Also DAT ASS.

I hear Dusty likes him a lot. I think they were under the impression he was what people wanted, the pretty boy never give up super face. They failed to notice somehow that he's a creepy looking doofus that can't talk or wrestle.
But now they seem to realise it.

Fox Mulder

This was worth the subscription to Hulu Plus, but now that it's free I can safely state:

ANYONE WHO LIKED WRESTLING AT ANY POINT IN THEIR LIVES SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW AND GET BACK ON THE TRAIN CHOO CHOO.

That is all.

that's high praise.

I loved wrestling awhile ago but the current product doesnt appeal to me. I'll give it a shot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's so weird seeing El Generico without a mask.
Like, I thought I'd get over it. But no. I'll never get over it. I been following that dude since 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom