• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE NXT |OT| The Best Indy Wrestling free on Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enzo speaks for himself really, but i can't find many clips at the moment

Debut

vs. Tons of Funk, w/ BIG CASS

a.gif

also, NXT has its own Tag Team Championship, the current holders being Adrian Neville and Corey Graves

tumblr_mq3x85drcB1qj6eolo1_500.jpg

It's okay, you guys can talk him up for me.

Enzo is a loser with delusions of grandeur like Bo, but he's also charismatic as hell. His promo when he came down to the ring this week was great just because you knew he was totally bullshitting.

Outside of the obvious picks (Sami, Ohno, Neville, and the entirety of the women's devision) I think Tyler's my favourite at the moment though. His entrance is one of the best ever simply based on the catwalk strut with the camera focused on his boots and it only gets better. On top of that the way he carries his gimmick in promos and in the ring is spot on.

Rapstah

What happens in ten years when half the Raw roster is these guys and the rest is current people doing gimmicks out of a whole other drawer? Is that actually a thing that's going to happen?

Revolver

I just watched the first bit of this and it's pretty decent. Love Tyler Breeze's gimmick and Emma is just adorable. I look forward to checking out the rest later, looks like fun. Still seems strange seeing El Generico without his mask.

Ithil

What happens in ten years when half the Raw roster is these guys and the rest is current people doing gimmicks out of a whole other drawer? Is that actually a thing that's going to happen?

If HHH has his way, sure. He likes wrestlers to have gimmicks.

somedevil

I just watched the first bit of this and it's pretty decent. Love Tyler Breeze's gimmick and Emma is just adorable. I look forward to checking out the rest later, looks like fun. Still seems strange seeing El Generico without his mask.

People should be amazed how EL Generico can cut good promos after many years of just talking in Spanish and Broken English. Love how in all his interview he keeps hitting on Renee.

BigDug13

Way better to have a visual identity early on than be "generic male model #41213."

Seriously, that's how I feel about Curtis Axel. He has absolutely zero personality and basically has to have Paul Heyman as his "voice" while Axel basically acts as Paul Heyman's body inside the ring. I guess it works out with the pairing but Curtis Axel is pretty garbage. Decent wresting moves but zero mic skills.

Ok seriously, watching NXT now, Bo Dallas is the biggest troll in wrestling today.

Like oh my god I can't stop laughing at his presence. This is guy is gonna go places.

EDIT: And Zayn sounds like the nicest Jewish uncle you could ever ask for.

Ithil

Ok seriously, watching NXT now, Bo Dallas is the biggest troll in wrestling today.

Like oh my god I can't stop laughing at his presence. This is guy is gonna go places.

EDIT: And Zayn sounds like the nicest Jewish uncle you could ever ask for.

I don't see Bo going anywhere to be honest. He's still terrible, they're just using how terrible he is to make him a mega heel. But once he loses the NXT title, where does he have to go? His whole mega heel thing is really tied to the NXT crowd (which has a lot of the same people at each tapings and skews towards college age males) and it loses its steam once he drops the title.

I haven't watched WWE in a long time but I saw this thread and decided to turn it on. Haha, it's great. Reminds me of the early 90s with the over the top gimmicks. Love it.

kirblar

Seriously, that's how I feel about Curtis Axel. He has absolutely zero personality and basically has to have Paul Heyman as his "voice" while Axel basically acts as Paul Heyman's body inside the ring. I guess it works out with the pairing but Curtis Axel is pretty garbage. Decent wresting moves but zero mic skills.
The combover is so bad.

GhaleonQ

People should be amazed how EL Generico can cut good promos after many years of just talking in Spanish and Broken English. Love how in all his interview he keeps hitting on Renee.

It is amazing that a major part of a 2013 WWE face's promo style is "being polite." That's my favorite part of his character.

should i watch this from the start or is this something i can just jump in on.

(Disclaimer: Earlier NXT had a lot to like about it.)

I would say that you should start from the reboot, season 6, anyway, and there really aren't many episodes that should dissuade. TV.com says it's 28 episodes in 2012, 35 so far in 2013. If you skip repeated promos, it's 40 minutes apiece. By the time you catch up, that's the equivalent of 3 seasons of American television, and almost all of it is good.

Aiii

So not worth it
Man, Alex Riley sure does like mentioning the time he was on the main roster with The Miz.

So much this. "...You know, I used to tag with The Miz and..."

Jesus man, you were his valet.

He's learning though, so best not dwell on it, he's only been commentating for a few weeks. Can't expect him to be Jim Ross overnight.

Dat Swagger/Zayn match tho...

I was never really a fan of Swagger but watching this week's NXT, I kinda get him now, In the match he's established him as more grounded, more power oriented performer that he was always built up to be and it looked great. Especially when you put him in with someone as versatile as Zayn.

Thought the ending was alright with Dallas as a distraction causing Zayn to tap out, mostly because it further progresses the eventual Zayn/Bo title match.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't see Zayn not reaching legendary status in WWE, he was amazing in the indy's no doubt, but alot the best talent is still in WWE and that will only elevate his quality further.
Go ahead WWE haters, have your go, but we'll talk after Zayn vs. Bryan or Ayn vs. Punk on PPV in front of tens of thousands of red hot fans.

Is this where I can post my Emma/Renee Young fan fiction?

Why yes, yes it is.

Mr. Sam

Are you imply that Enzo is SAWWWFT?

I don't see Zayn not reaching legendary status in WWE, he was amazing in the indy's no doubt, but alot the best talent is still in WWE and that will only elevate his quality further.
Go ahead WWE haters, have your go, but we'll talk after Zayn vs. Bryan or Ayn vs. Punk on PPV in front of tens of thousands of red hot fans.

Zayn seems to have the same level of tremendous talent as Punk and Bryan, so I believe in him to make it to the top. Like them, I doubt it will be smooth sailing all the way, but he'll get there. Also like them, he seems to have bulked up since his indy days. He's not exactly Hercules, but he looks more like an actual person than a skeleton in wrestling gear these days.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are you imply that Enzo is SAWWWFT?

Zayn seems to have the same level of tremendous talent as Punk and Bryan, so I believe in him to make it to the top. Like them, I doubt it will be smooth sailing all the way, but he'll get there. Also like them, he seems to have bulked up since his indy days. He's not exactly Hercules, but he looks more like an actual person than a skeleton in wrestling gear these days.

Lots of credit go to Punk and especially Bryan for opening eyes in WWE that main event stars don't have to be big and huge to draw. Meltzer even said as much about Bryan int his weeks Observer, he's really building bridges right now with the reactions and ratings he's drawing. Good stuff is coming in the next few years.

Mr. Sam

You should all watch the latest episode. Just magnificant.

The main event was the hardest a wrestling crowd has ever made me laugh. I was doubled over.

Ithil

You've never seen a man be hated to his core if you've never seen Bo Dallas in front of the Full Sail University audience. The idea that anyone facing him will be very popular with the crowd no matter who he is, just by virtue of him NOT being Bo Dallas, is taken to its limit on this week's episode, and it's worth seeing by anyone for the hilarity.

Aiii

So not worth it
Even further proof of NXT being an indy fed? Crowd chants "NXT"

All we need now is a "Botch-a-Mania" chant and we're full circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom