• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE signs Marty Jannetty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

AWESOME!

He did pretty good. It was a 20 minute long match and he kept going pretty good for someone doing indy's for so long. Amazing that someone gone for so long could just come back for a gimmick match (like so many other old performers have done), hit it with the fans, impress the people in the back and get a contract.

Fricken amazing!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm compressing the 109 MB file to 30 MB as I type, I will have the match uploaded in a bit

MaddenNFL64

Man, I still remember Marty getting thrown through that glass window by Shawn Michaels.

Only reason I remember that Brutis Beefcake guy :p.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LakeEarth said:
AWESOME!

He did pretty good. It was a 20 minute long match and he kept going pretty good for someone doing indy's for so long. Amazing that someone gone for so long could just come back for a gimmick match (like so many other old performers have done), hit it with the fans, impress the people in the back and get a contract.

Fricken amazing!

Well, it all depends on who you know. Marty had HBK politicing for him. The same way HHH got Nash and Hall back in the WWE for a lil bit.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
dskillzhtown said:
Well, it all depends on who you know. Marty had HBK politicing for him. The same way HHH got Nash and Hall back in the WWE for a lil bit.

yeah, but you have to admit.. Marty was top form.. he dint come back rusty like most do.. he came back and performed at a level that most of WWE's current roster couldnt. Just imagine how good he could get with a few months under his belt.

tralfazz

StoOgE said:
yeah, but you have to admit.. Marty was top form.. he dint come back rusty like most do.. he came back and performed at a level that most of WWE's current roster couldnt. Just imagine how good he could get with a few months under his belt.

Marty was as good as most on the roster but that match was all Angle. The guy is the f'n best. I feel cheated that Angle hasn't been in the spotlight as much as he should have over the years because of the injuries but that's the nature of the biz. I can only dream about what a prime Hitman v prime Angle match would have been like; top 3 of all time no doubt.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
They'll run a I hate you for ruining my life storyline with HBK/Jannetty... and then they'll job Jannetty for a bit and give him the boot.

ChumsGum

Banned
Screw the Marty VS Sean thing, bring back the Rockers and give them a title run. The tandem moves they did last Monday was something I haven't seen for years.

aparisi2274

According to some of the wrestling sites out there (rajah.com being the one I read) it said that they are gonna have the rockers perform at house shows after wrestlemania. They didnt mention anything about extensive TV time, but I am sure at some point they will be tag champs.

PS. I also enjoyed that match on raw last week. They looked like they've been together all this time. No rust, no missed spots. It was pretty good to see a real tag team again...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So what do you guys think? Run-in by Jannety during the HBK/Angle match, with him turning on Michaels as payback for going through that window so many years ago? :)

WTF was up with the sudden Orton heel turn on RAW tonight, BTW?

StoOgE

Orton has been turning for a while.. last week when he RKO'ed Jake the Snake was the official turn...

Batista didnt look very strong tonight.. I was expecting the Kane/Batista team up to destroy the Heels. Make them buddy/buddy then have Kane when the money in the bank match.. turn on Batista and have a big man vs. big man match that sucks ass.. then they decide Batistas title run was a failure and give it back to trips.

Neo_ZX

As well as they've been doing story-wise lately, I still fear them ruining Janetty. Hopefully they let him evolve and not have him play out his nostalgia. However we all know he'll be relegated to midcarder/jobber status shortly.

StoOgE

Neo_ZX said:
However we all know he'll be relegated to midcarder/jobber status shortly.

Well, I dont think he is ever going to sniff a world champ title shot, but he could easily fit the bill for an intercontinental run.. because lets face it.. after WM.. Benjamin and Captain Charisma (maybe even Y2J) will be back in the IC title picture.. throw in Jannety, mattitudes return and maybe an end to Edge's push and we could easily have a VERY strong IC title picture... and, for the most part, the IC title is a stronger title than the US one is (they handed it to CCC his first night back, they have moved the belt onto some people (Booker T, CCC) for days before putting it back on Cena)... so I dont really consider the IC title to be midcard at all.. hell, I think its only a half step behind the WWE title.

Axsider

Banned
DAMN, the match is AWESOME!

I HAVE to watch the Rockers reunion.
Come on, people! PLEASE
Where can I find/download it???
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StoOgE

Axsider said:
DAMN, the match is AWESOME!

I HAVE to watch the Rockers reunion.
Come on, people! PLEASE
Where can I find/download it???
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do a search, someone posted it in a thread here in the last few days. The Rockers reunion wasnt as good of a match, but I was marking out like a mad man so it was more fun. They also botched the kip-ups.. but they did dual rocker drops, so they could have accidentily beheaded Grenier (please, someone do this) and I would have said it was a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom