• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 |OT| Never stop believing PG style

canadian crowe said:
Yeah, last year the devs were saying that it was the current engine's 'swan song'.

The engine isn't even the main problem. Here Comes The Pain is the best Smackdown because of the way the wrestlers took damage, the weight detection, and the number of moves. They took all of that away.
I love HCTP but I can't live without jumping off the fist in SYM.

canadian crowe said:
Yeah, last year the devs were saying that it was the current engine's 'swan song'.

The engine isn't even the main problem. Here Comes The Pain is the best Smackdown because of the way the wrestlers took damage, the weight detection, and the number of moves. They took all of that away.
The moveset difference between HCTP and SDvsRaw2011 is absolutely shocking. HCTP has tons of unique wrestler specific moves as well as tons of moves regardless. 2011 on the other hand has incredibly similar movesets for each wrestler with repeated moves and incorrect signatures/finishers.
I'll take a much smaller roster if it equals better movesets.

I really hope they fix the submission system, the "selling" mechanics, add weight detection, improve the AI, add wrestler tendencies, and make everything smoother across the board. They are like a couple of fixes away from being a really great package, but some of the in ring stuff needs to be touched up and/or revamped.

So early buzz going around is that they will announce that the new game is called 'WWE 2012'.

JR tweeted that it will be one of the biggest announcements in WWE Games history.

I'm sucked into the Smackdown Cycle now. It happens to me every year, but hopefully this year will be different. I only played 2011 for about a month before I got tired of it.

I really do think that this year will be significantly different. I kind of hope that they just use the Unreal engine this year. All Stars (and Impact to an extent) lookd great.

canadian crowe said:
I'm sucked into the Smackdown Cycle now. It happens to me every year, but hopefully this year will be different. I only played 2011 for about a month before I got tired of it.
All I have right now for the current gen is 2010. I refuse to buy every single year. The only other wrestling games I bought were Smackdown: shut your mouth, and smackdown v raw (the original)

Backflip

I can't wait to see which Legends made the cut. I'm hoping for Diesel, Macho Man, and Ultimate Warrior (I'd also like to see Hogan but that doesn't seem likely).

I also hope they'll bring back the Nitro arena.

Backflip

I already posted this in OT but I thought that I should post it here also. I had a little fun with Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and did a tribute to WCW with it for my website. Check it out: http://www.jv247.com/2011/06/wcw-smackdown-vs-raw-2011/

The video is in French with English subtitles (besides, I only speak for a few seconds). I hope my subtitles aren't in broken English. If you like it, don't hesitate to share it.

Top Bottom