• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Factor USA S3 |OT| "The singing came in, and it wasn't very nice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Unless they can rebound considerably, this should be the last season of X-Factor USA.

Agreed. I'm quite confident this will be the final season. The X-Factor just never morphed into the monster hit to replace American Idol that Simon intended it to be. It's fascinating how the X-Factor is the number one singing show across the world yet in the US and only in the US Idol still reigns supreme. I think with the reduced production budget which is going to hurt them in securing high-profile guest performers when we reach the live shows in conjunction with the low rent judges and the fact that ratings are down yet again this season it would be extremely surprising if the X-Factor went on to have a Season 4. It's a shame because I enjoy both the UK and US incarnations. Probably the US version of the show more than the UK one.

Oh well. I guess we'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts. On a more positive note "Auditions 2" which is a two hour episode starts in five minutes (for US viewers).

Agreed. I'm quite confident this will be the final season. The X-Factor just never morphed into the monster hit to replace American Idol that Simon intended it to be. It's fascinating how the X-Factor is the number one singing show across the world yet in the US and only in the US Idol still reigns supreme. I think with the reduced production budget which is going to hurt them in securing high-profile guest performers when we reach the live shows, in conjunction with the low rent judges and the fact that ratings are down yet again this season it would be extremely surprising if the X-Factor went on to have a Season 4. It's a shame because I enjoy both the UK and US incarnations. Probably the US version of the show more than the UK one.

Oh well. I guess we'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts. On a more positive note "Auditions 2" which is a two hour episode starts in five minutes (for US viewers).
Oh. Its 2 hours ? So lost lol

Mumei

Oh, X-Factor

ibyMHhsfwIusoT.gif

Impressions:

Demi's Lipstick: why is it so bright
Guy singing Stay: Awful, awful, awful. Rihanna sings better.
Sally (Greatest Love of All): WHY
Valeria (Ken Lee): Nope
K-Nected (Waterfalls): Nope
Medley of Mediocre Contestants: Nope
John (My Heart Will Go On): Fitting that a Celine stan would sound that nasal. Next.
Lillie Nicole (Alabaster Box): ... Well, it was better than everything that preceded it. She didn't impress me, though. Her voice lacked real resonance and body to it. The delivery was better than the vocal, though.
Alex and Sierra (Toxic): Boring. They both struggled on things that required even the slightest amount of vocal dynamism, which is ... probably why they tried something so stripped back. It also felt like it sort of meandered.
Rion: I hate when children are on this show. If you aren't a prodigy, you should work on your singing and crap and come back when you're starting to fulfill your potential. Terrible. And Simon comparing her to Carrie was nonsense. Carrie's Alone performance shat on that from a great height... and even that wasn't as great as he made out.

Hopefully tonight is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom