• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[X06] Half-Life 2 Episode 2 X360 pics

Lince

Banned
According to...

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?id=cw451c43d58b08c&pic=GEN

edit after reading BlimBlin's comments: what the?? so this site just altered some old pics and posted them as new?? mods please lock this one and forgive me :(

52971320060928_174521_7_big.jpg

52971320060928_174517_4_big.jpg

52971320060928_174517_5_big.jpg

52971320060928_174519_6_big.jpg

52971320060928_174513_2_big.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The demo itself was kind of a shocker - every single one of the games - HL2, HL2 ep 1, Portal CS and TF, all selectable from a single menu. Bam. Controls are nice too, especially on the vehicles.

JB1981

Stinkles said:
The demo itself was kind of a shocker - every single one of the games - HL2, HL2 ep 1, Portal CS and TF, all selectable from a single menu. Bam. Controls are nice too, especially on the vehicles.

How was the framerate?

rc213

Stinkles said:

It was playable at X06??? Where is the massive coverage on this?!??!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Stinkles said:

Framerate?

Stinkles said:

So 360 owners really are getting all that shit in one package? Ok I'm impressed.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
These images are strange. The exact same ones have been released months ago, the only difference is the lighting and colors:
half-life-2-episode-two-screens-20060608000438977.jpg

GhaleonEB

Stinkles said:
And HL2 ep 2 I assume.

I will be buying this monster bundle of games.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Stinkles said:

I'm glad to see this. When I saw TF2 singled out as a game during the X06 reel, I thought maybe Valve had chosen to release this as a stand-alone product. It's still hard to believe all of that will be releaesd for $60.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Outdoor Miner said:
So 360 owners really are getting all that shit in one package? Ok I'm impressed.

And PS3 owners too if I recall correctly

Frame rate was not notceable, so I'm assuming 30+. I didn't play much. I was just rushing around trying shit and trying not to pop a boner every time I saw GOW. Which I repeat, is ****ing amazing.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Mmmkay said:
If you're an IGN insider, there's some off screen footage of the airboat escape here:
http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/830/830467/vids_1.html

It doesn't seem too hot at the moment, but the game has plenty of optimization time before launch so I'm not all that worried.

I have a lack of faith, we'll say. I don't expect anything unplayable, but I also would be shocked at a rock solid 30 (60 is pretty much out of the question, sadly).

And, luckily, I am an Insider. Well, a friend's account. Woo. *DLs*

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Stinkles said:
And PS3 owners too if I recall correctly

I was just rushing around trying shit and trying not to pop a boner every time I saw GOW. Which I repeat, is ****ing amazing.

Stop and pop, baby! Just let it happen.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Stinkles said:

wait what, CS was playable on 360? As in CS: Source?

Animal

Banned
the lighting/reflective surfaces on the robots with the bump mapping has been toned down significantly from the pc shots i saw couple weeks back.

raYne

It's weird when Half-Life stuff w/visual improvements, don't look that amazing anymore...

Can't wait. :D

JB1981 said:
That's awesome. But isn't the Half-Life engine something the 360 should be able to handle w/ ease?
How the hell did that come up?

MAJIKdR46oN said:
As BlimBlim correctly noted, these are old images that have been digitally altered. They're from the promotional material released on July 8th.

See here

Could also be that they are saved camera positions and poses in Source that have been loaded up in the 360 version to show a comparison.

Surreal

I wonder why Sony doesn't push this game at all, sometimes I forget it's coming out for the PS3. Probably don't want to dehype Resistance...

Anyways, looks great, I'm confident it'll play great. Crazy value for your money too! TF2 is going to be awsome!

jedimike

Animal said:
cs source done well on 360 could be huge....

CS on Xbox still has a big following. You'll never have a problem finding a game.

I have HL2 loaded on steam on my PC, but I refuse to play it because I'm waiting for the 360 version.

Agent Ghost

aka MAJIKdR46oN
Francias Castiglione said:
Could also be that they are saved camera positions and poses in Source that have been loaded up in the 360 version to show a comparison.

They're from cutscenes shown in the Ep2 trailer. I'd suggest waiting for gameplay shots that are obviously taken from the console versions of the game. Promotional screenshots mean nothing and should never be taken seriously.

manxor

Valve had better get this to be at least 30fps, with HDR AA and Motion blur (like the "pc version" TF2 trailer had) ...or, I can at least dream. :)

Agent Ghost

aka MAJIKdR46oN
manxor said:
Valve had better get this to be at least 30fps, with HDR AA and Motion blur (like the "pc version" TF2 trailer had) ...or, I can at least dream. :)

They need to get it [the whole package] running as good, if not better than the PC version of Ep2. They need to redeem themselves after the poor Xbox port.

Chiggs

From that IGN article:

The next station over, however, the team showed of Half-Life 2 on the 360, calling it the best looking title yet. High-dynamic range lighting has been added, as well as some excellent reflection effects. We only saw a minute of the Canals level. The sky was simply amazing, brighter and more colorful than ever, and it had already looked damn good. The Combine chopper was reflected in the ripples of the water, its shadow looming ominously on the canal walls. It was only a few seconds, but it looked wonderful.

Looks like Valve has put the 360 eDRAM to good use, especially since they're not using it for AA.

Top Bottom