• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 NHL 2K7 screens

FinFan

DMczaf said:
932931_20060725_screen008.jpg

205_nurse_outmaface.gif

:lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
awful looking jesus :|

Keio

For a Finer World
The graphics are pretty atrocious, I agree, but having played the preview version this is the best NHL 2K since... 2K3, I think. The animation and skating mechanics are great, puck physics seem to have improved a lot and the feeling of realistic simulation is ever so closer. We've already had a lot of brilliant multiplayer matches at the office.

EA hockey games have reminded me for a long time that I want good gameplay first, while nice graphics are always more of a nice-to-have than a necessity.

No reason to kill this game based on a few screenshots, then.

Reilly

I was going to comment on the black guy in the stands, but I though I should avoid it.

The South Park post made me :lol

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Are you SURE this isn't the Xbox version? Christ.

QFMFT.
Seriously... I know the 2K series hasn't been about graphics, but for g*d's sake... this is supposed to be the 360?
*sigh*
Somebody bring back NHL Hitz already. :|

Foil

Horrible. Though, this is Kush, so I'd expect nothing less. 2K needs to fire Kush now, and shift this series over to Next Level Games in Vancouver. They'll do it justice.

FightyF

Banned
espnx_screen018.jpg

914725_20030813_screen003.jpg

914725_20030715_screen001.jpg

It's funny how NHL 2K4 with it's sprite backgrounds and with less effects (like the sweat) looks better overall.

932931_20060725_screen014.jpg

But in game that looks really sweet, anyone who goes to hockey games can tell you that's how it should look like (live, on TV things look a tad brighter).

932931_20060725_screen009.jpg

Check out the buildup of snow around the net!

932931_20060725_screen017.jpg

According to my brother this shows the dynamic camera mode...looks pretty interesting.

914725_20030701_screen001.jpg

933705_20060713_screen003.jpg

Best Bertuzzi of last gen compared to this gen...the last gen ones does some things right, but the IQ and modelling of the next gen one obviously makes it the better one. I think it shows how technique is just as important as technical prowess.

bigsnack

You know, I've been A/Bing videos of both 2k7 and '07 for about 15 minutes. While the closeup shots of EA's hockey game are definitely better (as we've seen in this thread), I think that the 2k7 gameplay videos look WAY more realistic and smooth. I've been an EA hockey lover for years, but my jaw dropped when I saw the new 2k7 footage with the new camera angles. The ice looks incredible on the 2k7 videos that I've seen. I know most of you feel that the EA game looks better, but I guess I'm just not seeing it.

FightyF

Banned
bigsnack said:
I know most of you feel that the EA game looks better, but I guess I'm just not seeing it.

Well I think you'll agree that the faces look better in EA's game, and so does the jerseys and equipment. And when I say better, I say on a magnitude of 5 times better. It also looks like there are realtime jersey phyics based animations (just like in NBA 2K5 and 2K6) for both the goalies and players.

But I just saw some of the 2K7 vids...looks crazy sweet!

Saw some more vids...I'm really impressed! One vid showed a cancelled icing, whereas in any other game it would have been called icing.

The overall look is really realistic and it looks like all the skating animations have been redone.

I was dissappointed with Kush's graphical efforts, even when not considering EA's game...but now I'm really impressed.

bigsnack

Fight for Freeform said:
Well I think you'll agree that the faces look better in EA's game, and so does the jerseys and equipment. And when I say better, I say on a magnitude of 5 times better. It also looks like there are realtime jersey phyics based animations (just like in NBA 2K5 and 2K6) for both the goalies and players.

But I just saw some of the 2K7 vids...looks crazy sweet!

Saw some more vids...I'm really impressed! One vid showed a cancelled icing, whereas in any other game it would have been called icing.

The overall look is really realistic and it looks like all the skating animations have been redone.

I was dissappointed with Kush's graphical efforts, even when not considering EA's game...but now I'm really impressed.

Exactly, I think 2k7 is getting better and better the closer it comes to release. The closeups and cut scenes are definitely not up to par, but I think gameplay graphics are really shining at this point. They have grittier look/feel to them, which I think suites the sport. Either way, I'm sure both will have their pluses and minuses, I can't wait to play both!

the chew

uhhh, this is what a hockey game looks like, taken from my digi cam at a leaf game.

picture006xj7.jpg

those screens above look nothing like it.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
the chew said:
uhhh, this is what a hockey game looks like, taken from my digi cam at a leaf game.

picture006xj7.jpg

i can't use a leafs game to compare with screenshots, i don't remember the last time they played decent hockey.

bumpkin

Does anyone see a huge discrepency between how NHL 2007 and NHL 2K7 look? For some reason, I really don't believe the 2K7 screens are actually of the 360 version... Or perhaps I'm really just hoping they aren't, because it makes no sense why 2K7 wouldn't look as good as 2K6.

Either that, or EA's ****ing with us again and showing target renders.

Something doesn't add up.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the chew said:

picture006xj7.jpg

judging by where you are in the arena... are you the person who recorded the maple leafs intro that's on youtube?

the chew

sefskillz said:
i can't use a leafs game to compare with screenshots, i don't remember the last time they played decent hockey.

dayum, ya the leafs sucked hard last season, but I got free tickets, so i don't care!

and to the youtube thingy, nope I didn't do that, but I do have vid of the leafs scoring if you want that, its pretty intense.

epik

Got opening game tickets ... platinum against the Senators... leafs look promising this year.

btw.. NHL 07 ftw.

FightyF

Banned
the chew said:

picture006xj7.jpg

That could be because you're so far away from the ice.

I don't know if you guys saw the vids for both games...I had high hopes for EA's turnaround, and was dissappointed by Kush's graphical efforts...but it looks like nothing's gonna change. :p

Shinobi

Fight for Freeform said:
I don't know if you guys saw the vids for both games...I had high hopes for EA's turnaround, and was dissappointed by Kush's graphical efforts...but it looks like nothing's gonna change. :p

To be honest, only a complete and utter fool wouldv'e expected anything to change...

TeTr1C

WHY CANT DEVS SEE THAT THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT?!

Same with NCAA 2007. Looks and plays exactly like Madden 06 for 360. Good thing for downloadable demos.

I'm done with sports games, unless something REALLY groundbreaking comes out.

Top Bottom