• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Retail Version of Battlefield 4 Will Still Run at 720p, 60 FPS, EA Rep confirms

Gadirok

Any EA/DICE game that ships at 720p on the PS4 will be a no-buy for me, especially when Sony's 1st party stuff is bringing it at 1080p out of the gate.

Also another great reason not to pre-order any 3rd party games at all, I'm waiting to see who brings it and who just gimps for parity.

Exactly. If they were just going to stick with 720p I'd be more likely to directly avoid them altogether.

I honestly am not getting a new console for watered down ports. At least try and make the most of the hardware out of the gate.

If there's any company that would gimp a console game for parity it'd be EA. they'd also money hat for it as well. Just looks t the recent activity by that company and their releases.

I'm staying away from EA console games in the near term. They're either shady, incompetent or both.

AFAIK the 6T eSRAM in the Xbox One is the cheapest possible solution for on-die memory, especially when looking at future shrinks. They could've used eDRAM (extremely high bandwidth, but hard to fab and hard to shrink) or 1T eSRAM (extremely low latency on cache level, but expensive as fuck).

They need on-die RAM because they're using cheap DDR3 memory. Sony doesn't need on-die RAM because PS4 has 8GB high-performance RAM.

Does that mean that the PS4 can be manufactured cheaper in a shorter time than the Xbone?

Is that the Xbox One version for real?

Very underwhelming.....

It's the PC version, they weren't allowed to film. But the video quality is bad because of heavy compression.

is this guy a shill? I'm pretty sure I've only seen him promote the ps4 and talk shit about the xb1.

why is he not banned like the Microsoft shill from the eurogamer or edge thread that said something positive about the xb1 and was banned immediately?

Lol, people don't get banned just because they are saying positive things about something.

Skeff

is this guy a shill? I'm pretty sure I've only seen him promote the ps4 and talk shit about the xb1.

why is he not banned like the Microsoft shill from the eurogamer or edge thread that said something positive about the xb1 and was banned immediately?

For a start, he pointed out facts.

Secondly the instant MS shill banning signed up with a Microsoft affiliated e-mail account.

shinnn

Very underwhelming.....

isn't this PC? (dont even know if its BF3 or BF4). He is justing giving his impressions. No footage from XB1.

his impressions:

- impressed by the Xbox one
- 720p still looks good by "consoles standard". Average console players will no even the notice diff from 720p to 1080p.
- better textures, not mudded textures anymore
- 60fps makes the game more comparable with the experience on PCs
- voice chat quality superb
- huge improvements in the game sound quality too compared to last gen.
- conclusion: BF4 on consoles will be much more close to PC than last gen. 60 fps instead of 1080p is the right decision

Neogaf has a huge bias towards Sony. I've seen posters say shit about the Xbox One and MS if said about Sony/PS4 would be banned instantly.

*Raises hand*

QUESTION!

Why are we freaking out at the first wave of games?

if developers can get away with 720p now i really doubt we will get 1080p later. infact sub-HD games are even a possibility now a few years into the future, sony and MS should really enforce minimum rendering resolution limit to something like 1600x900..

Gemüsepizza;84026979 said:
Lol, people don't get banned just because they are saying positive things about something.

what's the difference between what the In&Out sony shill posts and this Microsoft shill's posts?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83907191&postcount=6028

I see no difference at all in the posts.

I mean, if the dude is constantly promoting the ps4 and constantly putting down the xb1, it's obvious the dude is a shill.

Odrion

Banned
Because unlike the Xbone shills, he's stating facts.

But sure, keep trying to backseat moderate, that has a history of working out for people.

I-hate-u

Unprecendeted Relationship Part 2!

EA Kils All

I'd say, if they are handing out TitanFall completely to MS, a game that will probably perform better on PS4 (sales wise), then I see no reason to believe EA will not do its best to have X1 and PS4 versions of theirs games to be running the same.

artist

Banned
what's the difference between what the In&Out sony shill posts and this Microsoft shill's posts?

This;
*checks rinemy's email account*
*immediately recognizes Microsoft partnership*

*calls to wife for advice on how to spell 'disingenuous' for the ban message*
*goes back to playing GTA V*
Take it to a mod and stop derailing this thread.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Pretty shitty if the PS4 version is purposefully held back.

I'm not jumping on this wagon yet...I'm going to give repi/DICE the benefit of the doubt, and assume the best will be gotten out of every system.

However if one has suspicions about this, comparing performance vs the PC version of the game running on a roughly equivalent GPU to PS4's would be illuminating. BF4 on PS4 should really be >= PC BF4 on a 7850 with mantle and/or > PC BF4 on a 7850 with DX.

For reference, a 7850 could run BF3 @ 1680x1050/High/FXAA/60fps under DX. We'll see how BF4 stacks up - there will probably be a higher per pixel cost. Might be also worth noting that BF3 has apparently never been very good on AMD. One might think this could have knock-ons for consoles using AMD for BF4, but with the mantle partnership one might hope otherwise.

Let's just remember that if, god forbid they gimp for parity (and I personally don't think it will happen), I'm sure this isn't DICE's decision... its EA. I know a few people who work at DICE and I assure you they do not want to put out an inferior product on ANYTHING

Raide

There are fun games released on the ps2. But for a $500 console in 2013 expectations are different.

I get it depends on how people focus around graphics over gameplay. I can put up with less fancy eye-candy than a PC version if the game is still fun.

People are getting way too pent up over launch titles.

OryoN

Very underwhelming.....

The person hosting the video was actually impressed and didn't see huge difference between 720p and 1080p. They mentioned the textures, 60fps, and other bells and whistles that combine to make the total package appealing.

I'm not jumping on this wagon yet...I'm going to give repi/DICE the benefit of the doubt, and assume the best will be gotten out of every system.

However if one has suspicions about this, comparing performance vs the PC version of the game running on a roughly equivalent GPU to PS4's would be illuminating. BF4 on PS4 should really be >= PC BF4 on a 7850 with mantle and/or > PC BF4 on a 7850 with DX.

For reference, a 7850 could run BF3 @ 1680x1050/High/FXAA under DX. We'll see how BF4 stacks up. Might be also worth noting that BF3 has apparently never been very good on AMD. One might think this could have knock-ons for consoles using AMD for BF4, but with the mantle partnership one might hope otherwise.

actually better than that:

BF3-1920.png

edit: and this with very old drivers, the performance now is much better.

Neogaf has a huge bias towards Sony. I've seen posters say shit about the Xbox One and MS if said about Sony/PS4 would be banned instantly.

And why? Because the PS4 is objectively better in many aspects compared to the Xbox One. And the second part isn't true, but I guess you know that because you did not provide any examples. People get banned when they are lying and try to constantly spin negative news.

I mean, if the dude is constantly promoting the ps4 and constantly putting down the xb1, it's obvious the dude is a shill.

The user you have linked had a suspicious email address and made several posts under the same name here at neogaf, reddit, twitter where he spins negative news about the Xbox and lies. In&Out is mostly pointing out facts. That's a big difference.

Killzone.....1080p
DC............1080p
Knack.......1080p
Infamous...1080p
Resogun...1080p
vs

Forza........1080p
Ryse..........900p
KI...............720p
BF4............720p
DR3..........Dynamic shit

I think one party cheapened more than the other.
What are the FPS targets on each of those?

What are the FPS targets on each of those?

Killzone.....1080p - 30fps SP / aiming for 60fps MP
DC............1080p - 30fps / aiming for 60fps
Knack.......1080p - 30fps
Infamous...1080p - 30fps
Resogun...1080p - 60fps

Forza........1080p - 60fps
Ryse..........900p - 30fps
KI...............720p - 60fps
BF4............720p - 60fps
DR3..........Dynamic shit - 30fps

I get it depends on how you people focus around graphics over gameplay. I can put up with less fancy eye-candy than a PC version if the game is still fun.

Strawman. Just because there is a discussion about an aspect of a certain game doesn't mean you don't care about the rest. No one is expecting a PC equivalent version EA could have at least have a higher resolution than the other 7/8 year old consoles.

Binabik15

More shaders and effects: SO AWESOME

Crisp picture to see all those effects: Meh, I'm not going to count pixels!

The new "human eyes can't see past 30 fps" and "angular graphics"? Seems like it.

Any EA/DICE game that ships at 720p on the PS4 will be a no-buy for me, especially when Sony's 1st party stuff is bringing it at 1080p out of the gate.

Also another great reason not to pre-order any 3rd party games at all, I'm waiting to see who brings it and who just gimps for parity.
What is it with people that they care more about res than framerate?

RE_Player

Killzone.....1080p - 30fps SP / aiming for 60fps MP
DC............1080p - 30fps / aiming for 60fps
Knack.......1080p - 30fps
Infamous...1080p - 30fps
Resogun...1080p - 60fps

Forza........1080p - 60fps
Ryse..........900p - 30fps
KI...............720p - 60fps
BF4............720p - 60fps
DR3..........Dynamic shit - 30fps

Why is BF4 on the Xbox One list and not on the PS4?

Top Bottom