• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

only for the 360 version.

image.png

i guess ill have to wait

Past few months have been games I already own sadly, I've been wishing for Strider for awhile because I wanted it a lot but held off thinking it was a prime candidate for GWG. :(

VanWinkle

Mmh... for 4 dollars a month, basically.
Including a very good online support and all the discounts...

Well, they are being outplayed by their competition. They need to be offering two games a month like Sony has been doing for about a year now. I'm finding that, with the Xbox One being my only Xbox platform, I'm not getting enough value out of Gold.

Ok, so there have been some good ones...but damn if feels like we should get more. Is it the 2 month stretch thing or something that throws me off? How long has Rayman Legends been on there now?

i have to agree that not all months have great games, but for something that we "NEED" to pay, they actually deliver some great games

Journey

Banned
Well, they are being outplayed by their competition. They need to be offering two games a month like Sony has been doing for about a year now. I'm finding that, with the Xbox One being my only Xbox platform, I'm not getting enough value out of Gold.

You do realize that there's a difference? Xbox games are given away, they're yours to keep for life, whereas with PS+, similar with Netflix or other rental service, you can only play while you're a member.

Edit: Nm, just noticed Xbox One is your only platform. Are they not doing 2 games a month for X1?

dugdug

Banned
You do realize that there's a difference? Xbox games are given away, they're yours to keep for life, whereas with PS+, similar with Netflix or other rental service, you can only play while you're a member.

That's only on 360. On XB1 it works exactly like PS+ does.

Edit: Nm, just noticed Xbox One is your only platform. Are they not doing 2 games a month for X1?

April was 2 games a month and it seems like it was a one time deal

mrklaw

MrArseFace

also, now that they removed the paywall for their other services (including cloud saves), I'm less inclined to renew when my XBL runs out in June. On PS4 I get more games (helps I have a vita but even for just PS4 they offer more), plus I'm kind of strongarmed for cloud saves.

I play multiplayer equally little on both platforms.

Chris1

One of those is made by Ubisoft. I was thinking more 2D platformer.

I mean would it kill them to put something different up? the 360 got Tomb Raider this (last?) month, why not the Xbox One?
because I think they'll be doing a TR+RoTR bundle this holiday, giving it away for free only months prior would sorta devalue that.

One of those is made by Ubisoft. I was thinking more 2D platformer.

I mean would it kill them to put something different up? the 360 got Tomb Raider this (last?) month, why not the Xbox One?

well, 2 of them are Ubisoft's games, so they are basically not indies, i think =X

mclem

One two of those are made by Ubisoft. I was thinking more 2D platformer.

I wouldn't quite call Child of Light a 2D platformer. It might look like one, but the gameplay is more RPG, really.

One two of those are made by Ubisoft. I was thinking more 2D platformer.

No ones gotten a big triple a yet on either of the current gen systems, now that we're two years out, wel likely start seeing games like Ryse and kill zone shadow fall on their respective systems.

hawk2025

they certainly have a type

A platformer, a puzzle-platformer, a combat-based metroidvania, a multiplayer "sports" game, a weird take on a point and click adventure, and an RPG?

Yep, they certainly have a type.

No ones gotten a big triple a yet on either of the current gen systems, now that we're two years out, wel likely start seeing games like Ryse and kill zone shadow fall on their respective systems.
That sounds miserable. Keep the good games coming, not this.

Top Bottom