• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Chris1

Yeah I did a few times actually and still the same, game can't find save file. I only played it on Xbox One, so I can't upload the 360 save cause I don't have any.

Oh ok then in that case I have no idea, it should automatically save to the cloud on XB1.

Try deleting local 360 files and any locally saved data for the game from your hard drive.

Oh ok then in that case I have no idea, it should automatically save to the cloud on XB1.

Try deleting local 360 files and any locally saved data for the game from your hard drive.

Yeah it did save to the cloud and it was fine for 3 days as I was playing the game. The save problem started today and I know I didn't do anything to cause this. Oh well, it looks like I'm gonna have to start from scratch again.

im_dany

Seems like the VIP Pass for Dirt Showdown won't be free this time around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/comments/3zwhj2/dirt_showdown_online_vip_will_not_be_free_this/

That makes no sense since they made it free for dirt 3 and that it's packaged in with the xbox one version. Anyways just posting here to let those with only a 360 know that they won't be able to play multiplayer until they get an xbox one or pay a bullshit fee :(

It's not like I'm interested in Codemasters' games (not a big racing fan), but this guarantees I won't give them any money.

Chris1

Why is Dirt Showdown keep asking me for VIP Pass on x360? It works just fine on xbox one without it but when I want to play it on x360 it wants a VIP pass? Same with my wife's account, she doesn't have x1 and only plays x360, she got the game, downloaded it and game wants a VIP pass from her too? What's the deal with it? I thought those should be included in digital releases?
Major Nelson posted this on the above reddit topic and people are reporting it does work:

The DiRT Showdown multiplayer feature does not require the VIP Pass to play online. If you are experiencing issues with this, please try uninstalling the game and redownloading it. Thx

1upmuffin

Played Zheros a bit, seems mediocre. The combat doesn't feel very satisfying, the enemies take a bit too long to kill, and the camera snaps really awkwardly to combat. Also there's only one movement speed. Visuals are fine, I like the look of the robots with their digital faces. Overall, pretty dull beat em up.

Played Zheros a bit, seems mediocre. The combat doesn't feel very satisfying, the enemies take a bit too long to kill, and the camera snaps really awkwardly to combat. Also there's only one movement speed. Visuals are fine, I like the look of the robots with their digital faces. Overall, pretty dull beat em up.

Not surprising. The game looked pretty bad from the trailer.

vulva

This thread reminded me, even though I know it's not the primary focus of this thread, I feel like someone here might be able to help me.

I have like 19 bucks in my wallet for xbl purchases. For some reason any time I try to make a purchase with those 19 bucks, it just goes to my paypal or credit card instead. When I go for a purchase I never see an option to switch to taking from my wallet. How can I just use that up before it expires?

So after using a 3 Day free trial starting (January 14th) in order to get Killer Instinct addition content for my xbox one (got directly on my xbox one btw) which was fine then about 11PM going on to xbox.com signing into my account getting Dirt Showdown which was listed as free still then receiving a "pending" charge on my account and showing a charge via email confirmation I contacted support which told me

"The reason why you get charged for the game as 3 day trial of XBOX live is not consider as your account has Gold."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So luckily i got the "one time refund" speech and got a refund headed my way and was told that the trial would not cause an aut renewal so a "The More You Know" story I guess. At least.

im_dany

This thread reminded me, even though I know it's not the primary focus of this thread, I feel like someone here might be able to help me.

I have like 19 bucks in my wallet for xbl purchases. For some reason any time I try to make a purchase with those 19 bucks, it just goes to my paypal or credit card instead. When I go for a purchase I never see an option to switch to taking from my wallet. How can I just use that up before it expires?
The website let you use credit for X1 content, not for X360 content.

So after using a 3 Day free trial starting (January 14th) in order to get Killer Instinct addition content for my xbox one (got directly on my xbox one btw) which was fine then about 11PM going on to xbox.com signing into my account getting Dirt Showdown which was listed as free still then receiving a "pending" charge on my account and showing a charge via email confirmation I contacted support which told me

"The reason why you get charged for the game as 3 day trial of XBOX live is not consider as your account has Gold."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So luckily i got the "one time refund" speech and got a refund headed my way and was told that the trial would not cause an aut renewal so a "The More You Know" story I guess. At least.

Gold trials works on X1, but they never worked on X360, either for deals or GwG, so I don't know why you're surprised. The website should've told you you were going to pay X for the item, not free.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The game is better as you play it (like most modern BEUs that rely on level systems), and it's combat is kinda fun, in that it has a lot of the right "ticks" to give it depth.

- Launchers lead to auto-jump, which then can be carried through by any attack button for different combos.
- dodge rolls can be attacked out of. Helps you feel as if you can always move, as long as it's within the games rules.
- Just defense and bullet deflects. Always a great concept.
- good combos for different situations. Floating into combos feels Devil May Cry-like, which is good for 3D gameplay like this.
- More advanced stuff like attack cancelling for normal attack loops (SoR/Final Fight style), dodge canceling out of high recovery moves, parrying and using roll attacks to carry combos, charged button moves... wait, where are my grapples?
- There's a gun! I don't care (let me punch!), but it's kinda fun to use, in how it hits EVERYTHING for rapid punch-like damage.

But there's also some stuff that is bafflingly meh (which is kinda ok, since this seems to be the studios first game?)

- Enemy and Player character color choices are... odd. TOO MUCH GREY! Everything looks about the same thanks to the far back-ish camera. Sure there are different silhouettes and accents... but why not something more vibrant, against less-saturated backgrounds (like in old arcade games).
- The moves are not easy to read by motion from far away. I know my X,Y,Y,Y combo is a launcher because of the button presses, not because the moves are easy to distinguish at distance.
- Same with enemies. I wish they were a bit more choreographed, and in more obvious ways, because it'd really help the counter feel more like a part of gameplay.
- The starting gameplay is hella mashy. Not many branches in moves, and not everything is obvious.
- There's too much attack buffer at times. If I roll, and then press attack to sprint forward out of it, it's REALLY easy to get a second attack out of it, which isn't what I wanted. You can help some of this by pressing the LT to cancel the move, but less auto-buffer would make the game feel less like you're queueing actions, and more like you're DOING actions.

The music hasn't caught me much yet, and the stage progression feels a bit wide and lifeless. I wish the "between sections" mini-corridors had something exciting to them (like a "Checkpoint" dancing beast, or a character that popped in to give you buff items), because they feel like wasted rooms that offer nothing for the player themselves.

The animations themselves (if you can see them!) are quite nice... almost TOO nice. In that "Junior animator wants to make EVERYTHING move!" fashion. It looks good in passing, but it tosses everything into a feeling of non-committal, non-iconic status, because you never get a chance to breath and appreciate what you've looking at.

It could end up being my favorite GwG in a long while. But it's another game that makes me question 3D gameplay in the genre, and far-out cameras that make character look so small, in empty-ish environments. The way old BEU's force attacks from purely side-perspective really helps one IDENTIFY the moves, and make them all unique. There's a lot of Micro-animation that's unique in this game, but from far away, it just looks like the same chaos, and that lowers it's readability as a BEU.

I thought Zheroes was a co-op game? But I can't find anything in the menu.

Co-Op Local. Don't know if they have online, or plan on it.

JonnyKong

It's a shame to read some negative posts about Zheros, I thought it had potential from the trailer. I was hoping it would get me out of my current gaming funk, but nm. I think I'll just hold on for A Boy and his Blob coming out next week instead.

360: Eh... Not including the VIP pass for Dirt Showdown was a cheap move. Seems like a lame step down from giving it out free with Dirt 3. Oh well, I'm not a huge fan of their games anyway (the last one I really liked was the original Grid, before the sequels became DLC-fests). On the plus side, while I have a hard copy of Deus Ex HR I'm always happy to double dip and get the digital copy of a really good game, so this isn't a bad deal.

Xbone: Zheros = meh. On the other hand, I haven't played Thief yet and despite all the mediocre reviews I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. Killer Instinct is the obvious big winner this go around, which is really cool for those who like fighting games. I'm not a huge fan of the genre in general but KI is so well done its hard not to have some fun with it in short spurts.

360: Eh... Not including the VIP pass for Dirt Showdown was a cheap move. Seems like a lame step down from giving it out free with Dirt 3. Oh well, I'm not a huge fan of their games anyway (the last one I really liked was the original Grid, before the sequels became DLC-fests). On the plus side, while I have a hard copy of Deus Ex HR I'm always happy to double dip and get the digital copy of a really good game, so this isn't a bad deal.

Apparently if you re-download Showdown, the VIP pass is now baked into the download.

Steph_E.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut is on my list to get on the Wii U. Should I play this xbox 360 download instead as its free, or is it still worth getting the superior Wii U version.

Yeah I know. I have never played any version of it, so that is why I'm asking are the extras worth the price on the Wii U, as opposed to getting the original version free on xbox?
If you know the differences already then you know what you need to know to make that decision seeing as you're informed as to what each version has going for it.

Zheroes is boring as sin. Played through the first three stages and I can't see me playing much more of it.

Also I don't mind a game being tough but to get towards the end of a stage and die only to be thrown all the way back to the start of the level and have to fight waves of dull bad guys I have already beaten is a big no no. At least checkpoint halfway through

Music is repetitive as hell in this too

ryan299

Zheroes is boring as sin. Played through the first three stages and I can't see me playing much more of it.

Also I don't mind a game being tough but to get towards the end of a stage and die only to be thrown all the way back to the start of the level and have to fight waves of dull bad guys I have already beaten is a big no no. At least checkpoint halfway through

Music is repetitive as hell in this too

I quit and uninstalled it half way through the first level. It's crap.

Orca

I don't mind Zheroes after playing the first three stages and doing some upgrading/unlocking. From the trailer I thought it was going to have some humour to it though, and it's pretty much been just a bland beat em up.

I don't mind Zheroes after playing the first three stages and doing some upgrading/unlocking. From the trailer I thought it was going to have some humour to it though, and it's pretty much been just a bland beat em up.

It's unfortunate. Better sound design could hav meade this great.

Nander

How do you download to the Xbox One? It never gives me a choice, it just says that the game will be downloaded next time I turn on my Xbox 360.

Gestault

If I remember correctly, they're not offering the Director's Cut.

The web-store specifically says it's free, but to download via the smartglass app. I just tried, and while I can find the listing with a search, I don't see a way to get it. I was actually going to post to ask the same.

The web-store specifically says it's free, but to download via the smartglass app. I just tried, and while I can find the listing with a search, I don't see a way to get it. I was actually going to post to ask the same.

It's the original version only, google seemed to indicate the director's cut isn't even backwards compatible yet since it shipped on two discs, also according to major nelson's blog The Missing Link DLC isn't compatible yet either.

What you're seeing is just how the website indicates that 360 games have smartglass features, it looks weird but I checked another 360 game with a smartglass app and it shows up the same way.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If I remember correctly, they're not offering the Director's Cut.

image.php

Gutted :(

Still be getting this, love Deus Ex

Top Bottom