• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Chris1

So I clicked this link not realizing it was the UK Store and holy shit XBox.com kept pushing me to the UK site, even after I cleared cookies, which also made it so I had to do 2 step authentication again. Lesson learned, always look to see if the link is US or not.

It should automatically redirect to your region but for whatever reason sometimes it just doesn't.

An easier fix for it is just going to the bottom left and clicking " English (United Kingdom)‎ " then changing to US.. no need to do all of what you did :p

arhra

So I clicked this link not realizing it was the UK Store and holy shit XBox.com kept pushing me to the UK site, even after I cleared cookies, which also made it so I had to do 2 step authentication again. Lesson learned, always look to see if the link is US or not.

Just FYI, you can just scroll down to the bottom and select the correct region.

psychotron

Okay, so Thief is a goddamn slideshow for me. It's almost unplayable from the start. I feel like something must be wrong. How can it be this bad?

hawk2025

I'm still getting the UK store despite trying everything because of this as well. It's infuriating.

psychotron

Very smooth for me when I tried it. Maybe reset your XB1?

I'll try that. It's so odd. Forza 6 and other games are playing fine. I had it installed to my external hard drive, so I'm going to see if moving it back to internal helps. Considering my external is 7200rpm, it should play fine though.

ahh, too bad I can't go back and get all the games I missed

I essentially paid for 3 years of Xbox Live (or maybe it was 2 and a half) and I barely used the 360 online at all :( of course, that was my fault, but still

I probably missed out on some cool free games ;3

speedomodel

ahh, too bad I can't go back and get all the games I missed

I essentially paid for 3 years of Xbox Live (or maybe it was 2 and a half) and I barely used the 360 online at all :( of course, that was my fault, but still

I probably missed out on some cool free games ;3

You did. Sorry to say.

j0hnnix

It is possible to use a fake credit card just to "buy" the 360 games?
I don't have a credit card and I'm missing the 360 games :/

200w.gif

enemy2k

Having a weird problem on my 360 recently. No games will finish DLing, they get a few percent then stop and say "can't download ....". I cleared the cache many times, and have now reformatted the drive as well and it continues to do it. Also power cycled my internet modem and router etc.

Managed to get Deus Ex downloaded, even though I already owned a boxed copy, and I'm trying to get it finished as I think I'm towards the end (progress spoiler:
just started Singapore
) so got the save files from the Xbox 360, uploaded it onto the cloud and played from there.

Perfect.

Helps this is one of my five games to finish from my bucket list of games to finish as part of my 2016 games resolutions. Guess that means Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is on the backburner for a few days at least.

Chris1

I'm pretty sure you can attach a PayPal account as your default payment method. That should suffice.
Yeah I use paypal, I'm not sure if you have to have a valid card linked to paypal but I do. I can't imagine that you do need it linked, because it never tries to take money but I'm not sure as I've never actually attempted it.

Prepaid cards should work too if you can find one at stores. Not sure how old you are and it's none of my business but if you're over 16 you should go to your bank and open an account with them, you're gonna need one at some point in life anyways.

W.S.

Right, but it happens every time! Somehow the system thinks the UK store is my default one now.

Anyways, Zheros -- oof. It's terrible.

Zheros is alright, it just seems like another one of those games that were rushed for the Games with Gold deal. The story doesn't have any dialogue or captions, the button response feels somewhat laggy, blocking and evasion is clunky, and it has a lot of screen tear.

On the positive side it has a great aesthetic, is more fun on two player coop, and the combat shows some potential but it definitely needs more time in the oven.

jesu

what's that all about?

sounds awesome B-)

(I'm only generally familiar with the original NES/arcade Rainbow Islands)

There was an exclusive port of Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 on GWG.
I though you might have heard, what with your name and all.

JonnyKong

It's making me laugh how I keep seeing in my feed a lot of people unlocking the first achievement in Zheros, but no more after that.

There was an exclusive port of Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 on GWG.
I though you might have heard, what with your name and all.
:( I wish I had known about it :'3

would probably be really fun

too bad the Bubble Bobble Neo or w/e it was that was on the 360 wasn't playable online in cooperative mode

Rainbow Islands co-op online would be pretty cool too B-)

EBE

zheroes is such a basic ass game. i may power through it but damn. feels like a student project. i do like the character and enemy designs, though.

im_dany

Having a weird problem on my 360 recently. No games will finish DLing, they get a few percent then stop and say "can't download ....". I cleared the cache many times, and have now reformatted the drive as well and it continues to do it. Also power cycled my internet modem and router etc.

It's been happening since X1 launched, sometimes downloads corrupt for no reason (usually when starting a game or going in background downloading mode) and you have to keep trying until it starts again. Delete the temp download, clear cache and keep starting the download until it works.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
zheroes is such a basic ass game. i may power through it but damn. feels like a student project. i do like the character and enemy designs, though.

Bullshit warning

Maybe some developers just cross their fingers for a gwg deal on xbl so they earn some money... dont know how the deal is between MS and the gwg game studios. But i used 5 minuttes with Zheroes and deleted it...yuck.

Roitorb

Oh man, i know it's not cool, but i shouldn't be missing these games just because i don't have a credit card, it's just that.

Just get a free prepaid card with nothing on. The credit card attached to my account is maxed so I can't be charged. But it still works fine for me. A prepaid one with no credit on will work just as fine.

Y0j1mb0

Man ZHeros is not a good game, I cleared 2 stages and I think that enough for me to never play it again.

I uninstalled it after the 2nd stage as well. It's not horrible, Hell, it's nice looking in a Saturday morning cartoon show sorta way and the game mechanics are okay. It's just boring.

Chris1

Another crappy GwG?

Sigh, I can't remember the last one I bothered to download.
Get the 360 games miles! Deus ex is good.

But I do agree zeroes feels rushed for GwG. Getting launch games as GwG had its upside in that no one has them but god knows what kind of shit you could get.

Get the 360 games miles! Deus ex is good.

But I do agree zeroes feels rushed for GwG. Getting launch games as GwG had its upside in that no one has them but god knows what kind of shit you could get.

I'd get Human Resources, but that would require me to set up my 360 because MS are being stubborn dicks and still requiring people to have a card linked to their account to buy 360 content.

Eh, maybe I'll do it later.

mclem

That's awesome, also I heard someone say something about TTT2 for 360? That would be a killer month

That may have been in the context of it showing up for backwards compatability (I assume in the preview only, but I've not got it myself to find out). Which may mean GWG, or it may simply be being added to the BC range.

Chances seem good for Rocket League. It's got a February release on an unspecified day last I checked.

Hand of Fate is a neat concept with very poor execution. I couldn't recommend it and I hope for something better.

Chris1

Chances seem good for Rocket League. It's got a February release on an unspecified day last I checked.

Hand of Fate is a neat concept with very poor execution. I couldn't recommend it and I hope for something better.

Really don't think it will be RL, it's already had its exposure from PS+.

Shame really as without cross play the playerbase is probably going to be quite low :(

Hatchtag

Banned
Really don't think it will be RL, it's already had its exposure from PS+.

Shame really as without cross play the playerbase is probably going to be quite low :(

Eh. Guacamelee got to be free with both PS+ and GWG despite launching on Playstation first. Rocket League could too.

Top Bottom