• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Ulthwe

Stupid noob question: I have a Xbox Live Gold 1 month trial activated. As I don't have internet at home, can I add Dust from Games with Gold to my download list from the website, cancel the download and get it later (in a month or whatever) from my download history?

Stupid noob question: I have a Xbox Live Gold 1 month trial activated. As I don't have internet at home, can I add Dust from Games with Gold to my download list from the website, cancel the download and get it later (in a month or whatever) from my download history?

I don't think you can get Games with Gold with trial Live memberships, but maybe someone will correct me.

I believe 14-day trials don't either. If I remember correctly, I unsuccessfully tried downloading a GwG with the code that came with my copy of Halo 4.

I forgot about the 14 day trials. You're right, the 48hr/14 day trials don't give full gold access.

1 month trials do though. I'm basing this on me buying a month of gold during the £1 promo last year.

Looks like Pool Nation and FEZ are the games to get on sale this week, I guess. Not much else.

I say this every time but in case you missed it, Pool Nation is fucking tremendous. You'd be insane not to get it for $2. If you don't like pool, give the demo a go anyway and try endurance mode (assuming you can), because it's one of the best arcade experiences on XBLA.

Vert boil

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

Fez - 4$ (320msp) (was 10$)
Pool Nation - 2$ (160msp) (was 10$)
Sacred Citadel - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)
--Jungle Hunt - 0.50$ (40msp) (was 2$)
Scourge: Outbreak - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)

Fable Anniversary - 30$ (2400msp) (was 40$)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - 15$ (1200msp) (was 60$)

Transformers: War for Cybertron - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

-----

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Fable: The Journey - 30$ (2400msp) (was 50$)

Halo: Reach - 25$ (2000msp) (was 30$)

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - 30$ (2400msp) (was 50$)

-----
Games with gold bits, (Expires at the end of next week. Saints Row 3 will be the next game.)

Dust: An Elysian Tail - free (was 15$)

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile - free (was 10$) Argentinian, Israeli, Saudi Arabian, Turkish or UAE gold account needed

Yes
I did this a month or two ago.

Ulthwe

I forgot about the 14 day trials. You're right, the 48hr/14 day trials don't give full gold access.

1 month trials do though. I'm basing this on me buying a month of gold during the £1 promo last year.

Thanks, that's good to know. Hopefully Ulthwe will get his answer.
Well, I downloaded Deadlight last month from GwG with this one month XBL trial.

My main concern is that I can't download the games to the console as I don't have internet at home, but I can add them to the download queue and then remove them from there (using the website), so my question is will I be able to download them whenever I can bring my 360 to my workplace, by looking at the download history?

Yes
I did this a month or two ago.
Perfect then!

Well, I downloaded Deadlight last month from GwG with this one month XBL trial.
Perfect then!

You won't need to cancel anything since it'll just queue up the download the next time you sign-in from the console, though you may need a payment option attached to the account to purchase from xbox.com.

Ulthwe

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
DOTW
Fez - 4$ (320msp) (was 10$)
Great Vert! Just grabbed Fez. I thought I would have to wait for a year, as the last sale was on december. Now if they cut Ikaruga's price... It hasn't been touched since 2009!
You won't need to cancel anything since it'll just queue up the download the next time you sign-in from the console, though you may need a payment option attached to the account to purchase from xbox.com.
Thanks for the advise. I have Paypal attached, so no problem in that regard.

MauroNL

Looks like the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker pack is 25% off on Xbox One this week. This packs includes all Season 1 characters + Fulgore DLC. From $19.99 to $14.99 now.
Otherwise disappointing week for Xbox One sales (again)

Staal

The Transformer games are awesome. Fanservice in the singleplayer, good horde mode and excellent multiplayer. Don't know if you can still find MP-games.

Do either of those Transformer's games have local coop?

The first has a co-op campaign but I can't remember if it's local or just online. The second doesn't have co-op at all.

Both have a horde type mode called "Escalation" that is the next nearest thing, but once again, I can't remember if it's online only or if you can do it locally.

BigMack

Is Sacred worth the little money?

I would strongly recommend you check out the demo first. The combat and combat animations get VERY repetitive, VERY quickly.

Me and a friend played played some of co-op and got tired of it after 6 levels (20 levels total).

I went ahead and finished the game on my own (mostly just for the achievements) but could only handle one, maybe two, levels at a time.

Eventually the game just felt more like a chore than anything.

B4D1E

The first has a co-op campaign but I can't remember if it's local or just online. The second doesn't have co-op at all.

Both have a horde type mode called "Escalation" that is the next nearest thing, but once again, I can't remember if it's online only or if you can do it locally.

Which one is the first one? War of Cybertron? For 5 bucks and if there is local co-op I would play it with my son. He loves those Transformers.

Vert boil

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg

Peggle 2 - 12$, 884MB.

Also,

Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels
--Heroic Noble Knights Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Vylon Pack - 2$ (160msp)

Jhoan

I would strongly recommend you check out the demo first. The combat and combat animations get VERY repetitive, VERY quickly.

Me and a friend played played some of co-op and got tired of it after 6 levels (20 levels total).

I went ahead and finished the game on my own (mostly just for the achievements) but could only handle one, maybe two, levels at a time.

Eventually the game just felt more like a chore than anything.
Agreed. It's a mindless beat em up game in that you're constantly hitting the same combinations over and over again but on the plus side, it's pretty colorful. I would say it's way better than Unbound Saga which was clunky but it's nowhere near the ranks of some of the better games on XBLA such as Scott Pilgrim and Charlie Murder.

I also agree that it's best played in short 2-3 level bursts as with most beat em up games. I still haven't beaten the game but as a whole it's an average game; it won't stay with you long after you beat it. At that price you can't go wrong.

Vert boil

DOTW

How to Survive - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
Plants Vs. Zombies - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)
State of Decay - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone - 3.39$ (~271msp) (was 10$)
Zombie Driver HD - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)

CoD: Blops 2
--Nuketown Zombies - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Season Pass - 25$ (2000msp) (was 50$)

Dead Island - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Dead Island Riptide - 12$ (960msp) (was 30$)

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - 20.09$ (~1600msp) (was 30$)

Red Dead Redemption
--Undead Nightmare Collection - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

-----

Bellator: MMA Onslaught - 5$ (400msp) (was 15$)

-----
Square Enix Publisher Sale

Quantum Conundrum - 5$ (400msp) (was 15$)

Battlestations Pacific - 5$ (400msp) (was 25$)

Deus Ex: Human Resources - 4.94$ (~400msp) (was 15$)

Dungeon Siege 3 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Just Cause 2 - 5$ (400msp) (was 15$)

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)
--FF Legends Collection - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--The Premium Collection - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--The Samurai Collection - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)

Hitman: Blood Money - 6.59$ (~527msp) (was 20$)

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Thief - 45$ (3600msp) (was 60$)
--Booster pack: Ghost - 0.66$ (~52msp) (was 1$)
--Booster pack: Opportunist - 0.66$ (~52msp) (was 1$)
--Booster pack: Predator - 0.66$ (~52msp) (was 1$)
--The Bank Heist - 3.34$ (~267msp) (was 5$)
--The Forsaken - Challenge Map - 3.34$ (~267msp) (was 5$)

Tomb Raider - 13.50$ (1080msp) (was 30$)
--1939 Multiplayer Map Pack - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--Caves and Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Shipwrecked Multiplayer Map Pack - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--Tomb Raider Adventure Pack Unlock - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 7$)
--Tomb Raider Online Survival Pack Unlock - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 7$)

-----
Games with gold bits, (Expires at the end of this week. Saints Row 3 will be the next game.)

Dust: An Elysian Tail - free (was 15$)

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile - free (was 10$) Argentinian, Israeli, Saudi Arabian, Turkish or UAE gold account needed

FYC

Banned
Blood Money is ace. A steal at that price.

I never did play through the previous entries of FFXIII, but I have to say the time limit + open world part of Lightning Returns always sounded neat as hell to me.

stn

Hm, weird. Thief is supposed to be 75% off but the price is $45? At least that's what I've seen according to X360A. Can anyone clarify?

Nothing for me.

However, I did take this opportunity to impulse buy Peggle 2 for the 360.
That unicorn has been staring me down on the dashboard saying "buy me."

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
State of Decay is definitely a must-buy at that price - it was easily one of my favorite games of last year, if not my GOTY 2013.

I've had money on my Live account for about 4 months now just praying we can get another Forza Horizon season pass sale. I just can't pay 50 bucks for that.

Chettlar

Banned
It was $20 during the holiday sale last year, maybe they'll do it again?

I'd buy it if they did that. I've been eyeing that rally expansion pack thing.

I have question though. I don't actually own the game right now; have only borrowed it. If I buy the expansion pack, obviously I won't get to play it unless I have the disk.

K, so what if I uninstall it, and then buy it digitally. Will I have to reinstall or do anything for all the DLC? Or is it just a straitforward, buy the game digitally, and keep playing.

K, so what if I uninstall it, and then buy it digitally. Will I have to reinstall or do anything for all the DLC? Or is it just a straitforward, buy the game digitally, and keep playing.

DLC if I remember correctly is transferable as long as you own the digital rights. If you bought that DLC, you should be good to go even with a new digital version of the game.

Top Bottom