• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Daemul

I was wondering when we were going to get another NBA sale, I missed it the first 977317292982 times it went on sale before. >.>

flkraven

This is the biggest fucking turd of a sale I've ever seen. I literally had to double check my calender because I thought there was no way it is Tuesday. I know we had a decent sale, but they may as well have put nothing on this week. What a fucking joke.

Vert boil

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg

Defense Technica - 10$ (800msp), 406MB.

Warface officially released yesterday, F2P.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels is available in more regions today.

Also,

Skullgirls
--Big Band - free
--Squigly - free (for a limited time)
(The character colour bundle that will be temporarily free isn't available yet)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels
--Chronomaly Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Earthbound Djinn Pack - 3$ (240msp)
--Evilswarm Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Fire Fist Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Gagaga Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Gem-Knight Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Gishki Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Hazy Heraldic Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Hieratic Dragon Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Mecha Phantom Beast Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Mermail Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Naturia Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Nordic Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Ninja Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Photon Galaxy Deck - 3$ (240msp)
--Scrap Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Steelswarm Archfiend Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Watt Pack - 2$ (160msp)
--Wind-Up Deck - 3$ (240msp)

I imagine this has been covered at length. What an adventure I've had with ex Microsoft points currency today. I had £4.25 left and wanted a game for £9.99, but instead it took the full £9.99 from my card because corporate greed.

The balance is greyed out on the selection screen so it is clearly by design. You need the full balance to buy anything with space currency. Note the minimum top up to buy this game is £10 leaving me with £4.26 credit. Worse off.

Xbox customer support admit this is a problem but don't know how to resolve it. Gives me two options, either buy something else that costs exactly £4.25 (deal with it) or have a refund on the £9.99 and have the game locked out of my account permanently (exceptional circumstances as I haven't had a refund before)

I suggested they just refund me £4.25 balance and let me enjoy my game (they got my money). All they could say is nope.

Vert boil

I imagine this has been covered at length. What an adventure I've had with ex Microsoft points currency today. I had £4.25 left and wanted a game for £9.99, but instead it took the full £9.99 from my card because corporate greed.

The balance is greyed out on the selection screen so it is clearly by design. You need the full balance to buy anything with space currency.

Xbox customer support admit this is a problem but don't know how to resolve it. Gives me two options, either buy something else (deal with it) or have a refund on the £9.99 and have the game locked out of my account permanently (exceptional circumstances as I haven't had a refund before)

I suggested they just refund me £4.25 balance and let me enjoy my game (they got my money). All they could say is nope.

You can do split payments if you buy something via your 360.

Go to buy something normally with a card or paypal and a pop up will appear that asks if you want to use the money in your Microsoft account and pay the rest off with your card/paypal.

You can do split payments if you buy something via your 360.

Go to buy something normally with a card or paypal and a pop up will appear that asks if you want to use the money in your Microsoft account and pay the rest off with your card/paypal.
It's greyed out, the customer support suggested this initially assuming I missed it. There's literally no way to do a split purchase on my balance. See picture.

It's absurd really, they'll let you buy a £5 card at cost to them but won't let me split purchase £5.74

jbdvqYiLWW2424.jpg

Go to some cheap game I don't care about, the balance becomes valid.

3bdelilah

Banned
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but can someone check out the (€) prices for Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie? I'm actually thinking about buying a second hand Xbox 360 (approximately 90 Euro) literally for those two games alone. Never played BK, so that would be a first, but I fucking LOVED BT.

Lima

It's greyed out, the customer support suggested this initially assuming I missed it. There's literally no way to do a split purchase on my balance. See picture.

It's absurd really, they'll let you buy a £5 card at cost to them but won't let me split purchase £5.74

jbdvqYiLWW2424.jpg

Go to some cheap game I don't care about, the balance becomes valid.

Yeah and when you go to checkout and press buy with the credit card it will give you a popup asking if it should use the money in your account and pay the rest with your card.

Yeah and when you go to checkout and press buy with the credit card it will give you a popup asking if it should use the money in your account and pay the rest with your card.
Well that's exactly what I did, and there was no pop up. Talking further to Microsoft chat I got this nugget of gold

Earl: at 16:48:39
NOTE : There's no guarantee that this will work Visualante2. There are cases that the full amount gets to be charged on the credit card, Daniel. It's a risk to take to have it purchased using the local currency and use the credit card for the rest.
A+ They even say that once you click purchase, even if you back out because this mythical pop up doesn't appear you will be charged the full amount to the card.

edit. Reported to trading standards anyway. I suspect they will say "well you got refunded what more do you want?" but users should not be forced to click confirm before asking them if they want to use their balance.

Vert boil

That's pretty expensive for a somewhat polished port of an almost 15 year old game. But thanks for the reply. Do BK and BT get regular XBLA sales, or are these prices pretty much steady?

Not that it's a huge deal breaker, but I'm surprised.

It's rare for them to be included in a sale.

Man, you'd think those Midway games would be rereleased at some point under the new ownership. Not like there's tons of demand for them but many of them are stone cold classics. Some easy money for whoever holds the rights.

TheMan

star wars force unleashed 1 and 2 + dlc, lots of lego shit, and some rocksmith songs, shadowrun, and killer is dead. blah.

Vert boil

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

Lego Indiana Jones 1 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$)

Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--Jedi Temple Mission Pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)
--Tatooine Mission Pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

-----

Dishonored - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)

Gears of War 1 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Halo 4 - 25$ (2000msp) (was 30$)

Injustice: Gods Among Us - 30$ (2400msp) (was 40$)

Just Dance 2014 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 40$)
--"Gangnam Style" by PSY - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Ft. Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--"Timber" by Pitbull Ft. Ke$ha - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--"Wake Me Up" by Avicii - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)

Kameo - 10$ (800msp) (was 15$)

Killer is Dead - 20$ (1600msp) (was 40$)

Left 4 Dead 2 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)

Portal 2 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)

Rocksmith 2014 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)
--Albert King - The Sky Is Crying - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4 - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)

Shadowrun - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$)

Viva Pinata: Party Animals - 10$ (800msp) (was 15$)

-----
Games with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month)

Deadlight - free (was 15$)

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - free (was 69,000₩) Korean gold account needed

Oynox

Jep, it is the best LEGO game to date, in my opinion. At least, the best LEGO Star Wars game by far. Combines all the hilarious humour, levels of the LEGO games. Only downside is the missing Cantina of LEGO Star Wars 2 The Original Trilogy, which was the best free roam area... Play it with a friend locally, it is the way meant to play. Even the duel mode is great, try to play laser tennis!

so excite, wow, very game

I've been waiting to get rid of this Xbox credit for a year or something, but sod all good releases and no decent sales have made it impossible. Maybe now it ends.

Just got myself a $25 Microsoft store card, went on my xbox 360 to get Halo 4 which just had a "generous" 17% drop down to 24.99 to discover it's back at 29.99.

Fuck You Microsoft.

Unless I'm mistaken... even still, Fuck You Microsoft.

AlStrong

Just got myself a $25 Microsoft store card, went on my xbox 360 to get Halo 4 which just had a "generous" 17% drop down to 24.99 to discover it's back at 29.99.

Fuck You Microsoft.

Canadian price, maybe?

Bsigg12

Fuck You Microsoft.

Are you in the US and did you already buy it?

In Canada, yea. I saw the drop on xbldb in the US. So I checked the Can store and it dropped here as well. Then I noticed it went back up to 29.99.
Now I see it was removed from the "current deals" section on xbldb, so both Can and US had the price go back to 29.99.

Top Bottom