• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

acm2000

hmm MS changing xbla rules again?

Kinect Sports Gems games are only 240pts each, and contain 50 gamerscore, unless theyre in FunLabs (lol) or as Apps? hmmmm

Card Boy

Banned
Is this game any good? I am trying to remember if I have even tried the demo or not. Is the community still alive for it?

The game itself is really good it has a 5 hr single player campaign, a co-op mode, and of course multiplayer. The SP is no masterpiece but its impressive to have in what you get in this package. At 1200 it is content rich, and at 600 points its a steal.

The games multiplayer itself is like Halo 4s Dominion mode or a combination of Tribes and Battlefield.

I cant speak for the 360 community but on PC its dead since it uses GFWL.

Kinect Party has shown up on xbox.com

boxartlg.jpg

Transform your living room into the ultimate Kinect Party! Immerse yourself and up to 6 friends in this augmented reality playground as Kinect Party presents 36 mind-bending channels - each overflowing with outrageously unique, motion-controlled fun. Wield nun chucks, grow fairy wings, dodge hot lava, harness electricity, dig for treasure, launch fireworks, become a fire breathing dragon and more!

This is what became of Happy Action TV.
Least it still has dubstep, which is worth the price alone.
screenlg2.jpg

For those who haven't seen dubstep in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEcYdtq9yFY&feature=player_detailpage#t=1909s

Ya I said that, well I knew the sequel as Happy Action TV.
Didn't realise there was a name change, only just saw it listed on xbox.com and thought wait a sec this looks like...Happy Action TV.
Can't mistake that dubsteb.

PaulLFC

Wreckateer is also free in the UK - just queued it up for download about half an hour ago. Probbly a worldwide deal.

Vert boil

Xbox Live 10th Anniversary Sale - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/anniversary/

Free for two days 15th-16th November (16th/17th in Japan).

Wreckateer - Free

One week sale 15th-22nd November (16th-23rd in Japan).

Bastion - 600msp (was 1200)
Battlefield 1943 - 600msp (was 1200)
Castle Crashers - 600msp (was 1200)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400msp (was 800)
Full House Poker - 400msp (was 800)
Geometry Wars Evolved - 200msp (was 400)
Peggle - 400msp (was 800)

**US dash ads says that it's Geo Wars 2 that will be reduced but there hasn't been a price drop on it yet. I presume they just listed the wrong game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Fairly underwhelming sale there. Grabbed Wreckateer (though I have no real intention of playing it), I have Castle Crashers and Geometry Wars already and everything else doesn't really appeal to me. Not what you'd expect for a 10 year anniversary, really.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Geez how angry would you be if you bought wreckateer.. Game only came out 4 months ago.
Pretty easy to get 10 bucks of entertainment out of a game in 4 months. I'm more agitated when 60 retail games go to 45 in 2 weeks.

The rest of that sale is pretty weak, though. What ever happened to 80 pts firesales on arcade classics? Putting Geowars for 200 doesn't really mean much, as hyped and oversold as that game has probably been by now...

Any word on Kung Fu Strike? Was it delisted for good or is it just down for some other reason with plans to come back?

I just tried asking on their facebook, lets see if they reply, or if they end up being as tight-lipped as they've been with Phantom Breaker for the past few months :/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have around 1700 points to spend, and looking at the list of upcoming releases there's very little I'm able to get excited about. Monaco looks interesting, and I'll probably grab The Cave once that's released, but other than that there's not much that I'm interested personally, so I've decided I'll probably grab The Walking Dead. I tried the demo, and while it's pretty short it seems interesting. I quite like the art style too. Will give the first episode a shot tonight. Seems like the big, interesting releases are getting few and far between these days.

Fake edit: Oh, I forgot that I got AW:AN in the last sale and haven't played it yet. I haven't played the DLC though. Maybe I'll skip those and try that instead. I'm sure I can find a story summary or something to get me up to speed.

Xbox Live 10th Anniversary Sale - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/anniversary/

Free for two days 15th-16th November (16th/17th in Japan).

Wreckateer - Free

One week sale 15th-22nd November (16th-23rd in Japan).

Bastion - 600msp (was 1200)
Battlefield 1943 - 600msp (was 1200)
Castle Crashers - 600msp (was 1200)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400msp (was 800)
Full House Poker - 400msp (was 800)
Geometry Wars Evolved - 200msp (was 400)
Peggle - 400msp (was 800)

**US dash ads says that it's Geo Wars 2 that will be reduced but there hasn't been a price drop on it yet. I presume they just listed the wrong game.

very poor sale from microsoft. it's not often you celebrate a 10 year anniversary. they should have had a proper sale with first party games 50% off and others 33% or 25% off with a discount on xbox live gold subscriptions.

dunderheads working at microsoft lately it seems.

The price is right on Wreckateer.

The only game on sale that I don't own is BF 1943. Are people still playing that game? I guess I don't really need another MP game right now, but I'd consider buying it for 600 if there is still a community around it.

G0523

What the hell kind of a sale is this?! Odds are that a lot of people already own most, if not all, of these games already! And these games have been on sale numerous times before. What a crappy sale. Happy 10th anniversary Xbox Live...

pacman85

Came here to express my disappointment in these sales as well.
can you even play wreakateer without a kinect? if you can't, talk about pouring salt over a wound.
Nope, you can only play this if you have Kinect. And it sucks for people (like me) who bought this recently when it was on sale.

aku:jiki

Yeah...that is a weak sale. I get what they're going for but it still doesn't make any sense.

Any word on Kung Fu Strike? Was it delisted for good or is it just down for some other reason with plans to come back?
Aw, what? I really liked the demo, just hadn't gotten around to the full game yet. MS really needs to not allow stuff to happen that quickly, that's the sort of shit that makes people wary of the digital future. :(

Card Boy

Banned
Im very happy. Full House Poker, Castle Crashers, Wreckateer are all mine.

I'm tempted on BF1943 but i already got it on PS3. I see no reason to double dip when none of my friends have it plus i got Black Ops 2 and Halos to tide me over.

From my understanding this is the first time Castle Crashers has ever got on sale according to the search on Major Nelsons blog.

Im very happy. Full House Poker, Castle Crashers, Wreckateer are all mine.

I'm tempted on BF1943 but i already got it on PS3. I see no reason to double dip when none of my friends have it plus i got Black Ops 2 and Halos to tide me over.

From my understanding this is the first time Castle Crashers has ever got on sale according to the search on Major Nelsons blog.

It has actually been on sale like 5 or 6 times, for between 560 and 800 msp (most of the time at the 600 msp price point).

Shady859

Anyone else get a avatar helmet code today in a XBL message? Says I'm an elite live member... Lol I been a member since day 1 and all I got was this stinking hat. Plus Wrekateer if I ever get a Kinect... ;)

Geometry Wars and Castle Crashers are must owns at these prices! 1943 was the tits at release but not gonna be a ton playing sadly.

Bought anyway!

Now i just need Shadow Complex, Splosion Man + Ms Splosion Man and the Banjo Kazooie games to go on sale.

Oh I wasn't trying to demean your purchase. Hands down one of my favorite xbla titles, glad you got to pick it up discounted.

I'm debating the original geometry wars myself (only played part 2), but for 200 msp how can I go wrong? Especially since many consider it the more pure geo wars experience.

Haklong

Anyone else get a avatar helmet code today in a XBL message? Says I'm an elite live member... Lol I been a member since day 1 and all I got was this stinking hat. Plus Wrekateer if I ever get a Kinect... ;)

Geometry Wars and Castle Crashers are must owns at these prices! 1943 was the tits at release but not gonna be a ton playing sadly.

I got the helmet too. I was a beta tester then turned into a subscriber day 1. I was hoping for one of those snazzy new consoles myself.

legbone

i came here to ask about this also. i created a thread about it a couple of days ago but no one had any answers. i have emailed the publisher and they have not responded. i was really wanting to buy it. just didn't get it day one. still have the demo on my xbox but there is just no option to buy. really sucks. i was going to get it and karateka at the same time. oh well, guess it will just be karateka.

i came here to ask about this also. i created a thread about it a couple of days ago but no one had any answers. i have emailed the publisher and they have not responded. i was really wanting to buy it. just didn't get it day one. still have the demo on my xbox but there is just no option to buy. really sucks. i was going to get it and karateka at the same time. oh well, guess it will just be karateka.

Yeah, your thread is what clued me in. When it recieved no clear answer I figured I'd try my luck asking here. This seems like it is the quickest delisting yet. Really sucks the way these things just disappear with no warning sometimes.

Fox Mulder

What a shitty sale, way to celebrate a 10 year anniversary. Oh well

Is battlefield 1943 still an active thing? I'm weary of buying anything EA puts out because they shut down servers. They even put the hasbro game night stuff on sale the same day that they cut the online servers off.

BigMack

Ah, thank you for finding the other game that got pulled. Going by the numbers for total games in the XBLA section, I knew they pulled 2 games but couldn't figure out the second game. The other one was Inferno Pool.

Knew that Kung Fu Strike was taken off the marketplace for some reason, but I already bought the game at release and was surprised to find out that the DLC released not long after was delisted as well. Hopefully, it's just a license/publisher issue that's resolved quickly as I want that DLC.

Oh Wow, The SEGA Model 2 games (Fighting Vipers, Sonic The Fighters, Virtua Fighter 2) out Nov 28th for 400MSP/$5 each! http://amcvt.sega.jp/model2/topics.html
FV is mine.

Top Bottom