• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbone Gamerpics are Poorly Implimented

Prine

Banned
You shouldn't upload images or use Kinect to take shitty images that you can't make out when you resize, either really large or really small. Vectors allow you to maintain the crisp look without too much degradation. These images need to be stretched and reshaped for multiple ratios, there's no control ober custom images.

OP think harder.

Miles X

ibcwEzn2XHddRy.gif

Except they're not charging anyone for anything ....

barit

Wow all the pics posted in here looking really bad and have nothing to do with gaming in general. Could be some Apple/Facebook Hipster avatars if you don´t know it better lol

Alx

Wow all the pics posted in here looking really bad and have nothing to do with gaming in general. Could be some Apple/Facebook Hipster avatars if you don´t know it better lol

The majority of neogaf avatars in this very topic have nothing to do with gaming. I don't see why they should (even if mine does).

barit

The majority of neogaf avatars in this very topic have nothing to do with gaming. I don't see why they should (even if mine does).

Well I can only compare it with Playstation and there you have way more game related avatars than non-game related. I dunno maybe Xbox has plenty of Halo, Gears and Fable avatars but nobody wanted to post them in here

Doffen

Well I can only compare it with Playstation and there you have way more game related avatars than non-game related. I dunno maybe Xbox has plenty of Halo, Gears and Fable avatars but nobody wanted to post them in here

I don't think Xbox One got any IP specific pictures. But by the looks of Windows 10 it seems like Avatars are making a return.
xLVmAHr.png

Hail to the king!

Alx

I meant the avatars that people are using on the neogaf forum. Like my Sonic and your Another World character. If I browse through the earlier messages, I can see a lion with a wig, a cat with glasses, anime or comics characters, a loaf of bread, different photos of people... My point being that "it's not even about games" doesn't seem to be a big issue, when most people won't choose a game-related avatar on a forum dedicated to gaming.

Lima

Do people posting these lame memes like fuck you give me money and shit realize that there are no gamerpics for sale on Xbox One? They straight up don't sell any.

Not sure they cant do it like 360. Uploaded pics can only be seen by favourites/friends, everyone else sees generic.

Just like PS4 has now.

It really is amazing how much these two switched places this gen.

That's a very blinkered view. Go take a look at how many of the "requests for amazing new features" in the PS4 thread look like a shopping list of things already on the Xbox.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
That's a very blinkered view. Go take a look at how many of the "requests for amazing new features" in the PS4 thread look like a shopping list of things already on the Xbox.

I know. I'm just surprised in the number of ways the PS4 is the new 360 and the One is the new PS3.

I'm hoping Windows 10 will be really stable and snappy. I just wish Microsoft had Australian dashboards connecting to the Australian Azure servers. Would speed up our dashboards immensely

12110916374_c83399bc72_b.jpg

Though I would like the ability to upload images for my close friends only, or those who have me as favorites and can see my real name. I like it on the PS4, but it isn't a game changer. I would like to be able to buy more pics even, you can on PSN but for some reason can't download them on the PS4 yet?

I'm hoping Windows 10 will be really stable and snappy. I just wish Microsoft had Australian dashboards connecting to the Australian Azure servers. Would speed up our dashboards immensely

Me too, x100. The delay loading up party/friends app the first time is just terrible.

Re the dashboard - have you tried updating your DNS to point to your nearest/fastest DNS server? That can make a huuuuge difference.

Do you have a ps4 op? The play station gamer pics are really bad compared to the high quality Xbox pics. I could have sworn custom gamer pics are coming or maybe that was just custom backgrounds. I'm even using one for my avatar here.

watership

I am all for getting to upload your own user pic, but the art that they have for gamerpics now is pretty incredible. I just wish there was more.

LiK

i'm puzzled why there aren't new gamerpics based on games on the system. I wouldn't mind a D4 or Sunset Overdrive or Ori gamerpic.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
images

I guess you're entitled to your opinion. I've been sporting Mr. Banana since launch.

I find that lack of customizable background on PS4 more heartbreaking.
My (62 year old) dad uses that has his gamerpic!

Prine

Banned
images

I guess you're entitled to your opinion. I've been sporting Mr. Banana since launch.

I find that lack of customizable background on PS4 more heartbreaking.

This is mine too. Banana with tuxedo is god tier.

Also makes my nephew and niece go nuts, they have orchestrated their own Mr Banana song that they fill my room with when i log on.

300 is pretty good. But i agree, i can't wait to see more gamer pics especially from games. I love that achievement art can be used as backgrounds now but im more excited to get an achievement and get a gamerpic for it!

Let's make that happen Devs! Please? :)
I'm using the giant robot one right now. LOL i end up changing mine every time i want to change the tile color so it matches...

DSmalls84

Sticking with my T-Rex for now. I didn't care for it at first but it has grown on me over the past year. It would be nice to have more options though.

Alx

Here's my gamerpic:

nQlVCVG.png

Nice suit, does it come from a game unlock ?
I'm considering using an avatar gamerpic too. I would rather have used my KSR avatar for that, but the only gamerpic you can use is the one it generates automatically, and it doesn't look like me in that angle. :/

HUELEN10

I use an awesome Sega Saturn tee.

You can play around a lot with rotating your avatar and zooming in and out to get some more unique pics than simply taking the standard pose and camera angle.

Wow, where is that shirt from?
uSxWuHE.jpg

I just use the geeky science shit I got for letting my 360 stay on for like 7 hours when they were doing Xbox Live Labs.

Top Bottom