• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 20|20 "Effectively" Renamed

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They don't have content to fill shows with. It seems pretty transparent at this point. The last show brought nothing new in terms of in-game graphics. None of their big titles, anyway. This sounds like they're recalibrating to keep expectations in check. I don't know how you don't come away from this without thinking that XSX games are behind in development. They should at least have as much content to show as Sony did 2 months ago, but that Halo demo was the best their studios had.

This explains clearly the emphasis on cross-gen. They don't want to miss the holiday season, so they're going to leverage what they have ready for X1 to cover the gap between this year, and when they'll have titles officially ready next year. I don't think I'm jumping to any farfetched conclusions. Actions speak louder than words, and if you have the ammunition, you use it at the right time. This is the time to start getting people hyped, pre-launch. If nothing else, you'd want to overshadow the somewhat embarrassing Halo reveal. I expect a trickle of better-prepared content going forward. Show what looks good, when it looks good. Big shows will be scheduled when they know they can actually impress.

It is confusing... one side seems to have concrete things to say, another one gives interviews very regularly, and then the side doing these shows seems to be run by George Costanza from Seinfeld: https://seinfeldmemes.com/everybodys-doing-something-well-do-nothing/

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
giphy.gif

Top Bottom