• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Mega Thread: 2009 Edition!

goldenpp72 said:
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
The King of Fighters '98
Peggle
Hasbro Family Board Games

A few more for XBLA:

3 on 3 NHL Arcade
Blood Bowl
CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars
Cletus Clay
Darwinia+
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Emergency Hospital
Flock!
Gridrunner+++
Kart Attack
The Maw
Pipe Mania
South Park
Watchmen: The End Is Nigh
Zombies!!!

Havok

Flyguy said:
Majesty 2 is coming to PC Q2 2009, and a 360 version is in the works. I don't know if it will make 2009, though.
00285874.jpg

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/majesty2thefantasykingdomsim/interview.html
Wait. I did not know this existed.

I am excited. Very, very excited.

ampere

Nice to see one of these threads for 360 now.

I definitely expect to get:
Banjo Tooie
Alan Wake (maybe it'll make 2009)
Halo 3 ODST (who knows)
Mass Effect 2 (2009 :lol)
Bioshock 2 (same as above :lol)
Dishwasher Dead Samurai
and some of the DLC

FrankT

goldenpp72 said:
added witcher and sacred

I added a bunch see previous list.

ciaossu said:
Nice to see one of these threads for 360 now.

I definitely expect to get:
Banjo Tooie
Alan Wake (maybe it'll make 2009)
Halo 3 ODST (who knows)
Mass Effect 2 (2009 :lol)
Bioshock 2 (same as above :lol)
Dishwasher Dead Samurai
and some of the DLC

ME2 is a big question mark, but seeing as it does have some form at GDC it is possible. Take Two confirmed Bioshock 2 as 2009 in there last earnings call/report. I guess it is possible it gets GTA IVed.

goldenpp72

ME2 is very likely since ME 3 is also expected to be a 360 game, gears 2 hit 2 years later so i think its very possible.

I added overlord 2 but with so many games at once its hard to get done

goldenpp72

bathala said:
alan wake, APB, and Duke for 09? :lol

so far Prototype and SFIV for me

Always bet on duke! I have some faith it may hit since.. well prey came out and they launched duke nukem on xbla :p

Shnookums

I really hope Stoked turns out good. I am as excited about the prospect of a good snowboarding game as I would be for any blockbuster hyped up titles.

goldenpp72

Jtyettis said:
Well ya got to get at least a few of them in there for sure. Mafia II and COD6 for certain. :D

Are there screens for COD6? I plan to get put any decent game with screens on the thread :p

FrankT

goldenpp72 said:
Are there screens for COD6? I plan to get put any decent game with screens on the thread :p

Naw, don't expect any until maybe before E3. Hopefully earlier, we shall see.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
oh man. I don't mean to troll, but it's my honest opinion that Wii's first quarter list is embarrassing next to the 360s. And that's considering there's a number of damn good games coming out on Wii, too. 360 is just ridiculous though.

Fear 2, SF4, SO4, Halo Wars, HAWX, RE5 and Riddick all pique my interest. I don't have enough money or time for all of them, though =(

goldenpp72

ok I got most of the retail titles in this thread that didn't look like terrible ps2 shovelware.. some iffy titles made it in though, I often wonder..

But the thread is surely beefy now, good job everyone :p

goldenpp72

grandjedi6 said:
Wait, you put vaporware like DNF on your list yet you completely forget Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Duke nukem has been said to come out, last I heard about beyond good and evil 2 the devs 'hope it gets greenlighted'

Beyond good and evil is one of my favs, so if someone can give me a screen or confirmation the game actually exist..

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
goldenpp72 said:
Duke nukem has been said to come out, last I heard about beyond good and evil 2 the devs 'hope it gets greenlighted'

Beyond good and evil is one of my favs, so if someone can give me a screen or confirmation the game actually exist..
How about a trailer?

goldenpp72

a trailer that isn't confirmed in engine and has no game announcement right? Ever since the short trailer I haven't seen a single thing on it.. Duke nukem had new screens released and the release of duke nukem XBLA shows some sign of life. I'll add it, but I don't expect it in 09.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
goldenpp72 said:
a trailer that isn't confirmed in engine and has no game announcement right? Ever since the short trailer I haven't seen a single thing on it.. Duke nukem had new screens released and the release of duke nukem XBLA shows some sign of life.
Why do you doubt me?

Or better yet, why are you falling for DNF's trap? :/

goldenpp72

You got what you wanted, i'd be over joyed to see it return anyways, and it's probably more deserving than stuff like bikini zombie killer whatever :p

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
goldenpp72 said:
a trailer that isn't confirmed in engine and has no game announcement right? Ever since the short trailer I haven't seen a single thing on it.. Duke nukem had new screens released and the release of duke nukem XBLA shows some sign of life. I'll add it, but I don't expect it in 99.

Fixed because, out of context, this post could be straight outta 1999.

Seriously, pick a year since like '98: at any point in the last decade you could argue that DNF is showing signs of life and could release that year.

Kydd BlaZe

Honestly i'm really looking forward to the multiplatform releases here. There isn't much here in the way of exclusives that catches my eye, other than Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2 (if this is even confirmed as a 360 exclusive...I honestly think it may come to the PS3 at some point in time). Halo 3: ODST seems to be just a short expansion to Halo 3, which should be fun, however I can't see MS using this as their blockbuster Holiday 09 title. Splinter Cell Conviction could be awesome, however I'll reserve judgement until we see just what it is exactly that Ubisoft has done to this game.

With that said however, i'm really eager to see what Microsoft has up its sleeve for this year. Perfect Dark 2? Killer Instinct 3? Crackdown 2? Dimitri? Locking down Mass Effect 2 as an exclusive? Who knows...

Definitely buying:
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Resident Evil 5
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
BioShock 2
Alan Wake
Mass Effect 2
Prey 2
Duke Nukem Forever (I truly believe
hope
that this is the year of Duke)
Rage
Halo 3: ODST
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Banjo Tooie
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Uno Rush

At this point i'm just waiting for whatever surprise announcements come out of GDC or E3 because based on the OP the '09 exclusives aren't really tickling my fancy.

SO4 I plan on playing at some point this year, but not necessarily jonesing bad enuf to be a Day 1 purchase.

I'm still keen on Alan wake but it is losing some of its initial visual luster that initially caught my fancy and i'm still not convinced that it will actually release in 09.

starsky

How awesome is this thread? So awesome. Thanks for the efforts, goldenpp72.

Though there're not many games I want from that list. Come on MS, you know you want me to spend moar money on your games.

Hammer24

Banned
Threads like this make me cringe.
There is no need to realize how much money I´m going to bleed this year on games. Again. ;)

PSGames

Does MS really expect ODST to carry them through the holidays? Surely they have another AAA game tucked away somewhere? What month last year was Gears 2 announced?

Mooreberg

When was the GTA IV DLC pricing confirmed?

What month last year was Gears 2 announced?

It was announced at GDC, which I believe was in March. Microsoft usually doesn't reveal things too far in advance other than the Halo games.

Ledsen

Mohonky said:
So is Aliens: Colonial Wars still coming out? Didn't it get canned? Please tell me it's still coming......

You mean colonial marines? It's still coming out, but apparently it's now changed genre to Left 4 Aliens (4-player co-op alien rush).

Mohonky

Ledsen said:
You mean colonial marines? It's still coming out, but apparently it's now changed genre to Left 4 Aliens (4-player co-op alien rush).

Whoops I mean't Marines yes. Had Halo Wars on the brain apparently.

Not sure if want a Left 4 Aliens. I mean, the concept could definitely work, there's no problems with that, but I kind of have a mongrel for the idea of a slower, more tense game.

'6 meters....'
'That can't be, that's in the room.....'
'It's reading right man!!!'
'Well you're not reading it right!!"

I was hoping for something more tense as the early concepts seem to suggest.

I just realized that M$ has been auto-renewing my old Gamertag for a couple months now.

Anyone know the # to call these fuckers?

CiSTM

Banned
Mass Effect 2 for me and that's it :(

And if PC versio of Mass Effect 2 is getting simultaneous release with 360 versio then I will buy it for my PC.

bjaelke

bathala said:
alan wake, APB, and Duke for 09? :lol

so far Prototype and SFIV for me
Why should APB not hit stores this year? It was originally set for a Fall 08 release (according to their website).

Great thread!

Ok line-up so far overall, though I will be satisfied if I could ONLY play ME2 this year. Hopefully there will be more announcements from MS during GDC/E3.

Brashnir

bjaelke said:
Why should APB not hit stores this year? If was originally set for a Fall 08 release (according to their website).

it's an MMO, which is a genre notorious for 2 year+ delays.

Further, it's a console MMO, which is a sub-genre notorious for never coming out at all.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
adversesolutions said:
Could J exclusives like Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EX, Ketsui EX and Deathsmiles be added in a separate section please?

Great thread!

I came to post this!

Also, is there a new release date for Dodonpachi yet?

Wow I cant believe it's only now that I've heard or watched anything Wheelman. Looks amazing.

Additional for DLC content. Beneath the Ashes for Tomb Raider Underworld. Only on Xbox.

screen001_nm.jpg

Kydd BlaZe

Buckethead said:
I just realized that M$ has been auto-renewing my old Gamertag for a couple months now.

Anyone know the # to call these fuckers?
1-800-4MY-XBOX

Had the same problem for months last year. Called and cancelled my Gold on christmas day, lol.

Top Bottom