• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Mega Thread: 2009 Edition!

Again, could Japanese exclusives like Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EX, Ketsui EX and Deathsmiles be added in a separate section please?

Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EX still doesn't have a release date but it's supposed to be 'this winter' so...

goldenpp72

im not sure on the japanese section considering 360 is a flop in japan and 10 people in the universe that might care know exactly what those 2 games are..

ocadman

Out all of the exclusives, want Alan Wake and hopefully SC: Conviction returns to its roots.

I think it's safe to remove FFXIII from the list. Won't hit stateside till 2010 for sure, but here's to hoping.

dunno if this is the right thread for this but

ok, just jumped in again with my second xbox (the first was technically a flatmate's). now me and my two mates want an online game we can all play together with good matchmaking so we don't have to wait for shit. thing is we're kinda torn between Gears of War 2, Halo 3, or Call of Duty 4. what's the GAF recommendation, considering we're after quick and easy multiplayer?

also skate 2 i'm gonna jump in on that shit, the demo rocked.

goldenpp72

ocadman said:
Out all of the exclusives, want Alan Wake and hopefully SC: Conviction returns to its roots.

I think it's safe to remove FFXIII from the list. Won't hit stateside till 2010 for sure, but here's to hoping.

most likely but it sure makes the list look cool :p

goldenpp72

Giganticus said:

ok, just jumped in again with my second xbox (the first was technically a flatmate's). now me and my two mates want an online game we can all play together with good matchmaking so we don't have to wait for shit. thing is we're kinda torn between Gears of War 2, Halo 3, or Call of Duty 4. what's the GAF recommendation, considering we're after quick and easy multiplayer?

gears of war 2 is CURRENTLY in disarray from bugs etc, though I find its gameplay most compelling, halo 3 is the most polished and simple of the 3 so thats a safe one to go with.

Or wait until gears 2 is patched

Giganticus said:

Halo 3 is the only answer if you mean flatmates. CoD4 doesn't even allow splitscreen online.

Scott

Don't think this has been mentioned, but there's another noteworthy XBLA game coming this year, and that's Void Star's "Ares Fall." It's an isometric Action/RPG, which for XBLA makes it reason enough to take notice, but the media released so far on their website looks pretty good, as well.

goldenpp72 said:
im not sure on the japanese section considering 360 is a flop in japan and 10 people in the universe that might care know exactly what those 2 games are..

Well, three games. And they will probably all do at least 20k first week which is better than some 360 games in the states, so I would say they're worth adding.

C4Lukins

Awesome list of games, but very weak on exclusives outside of the Arcade and DLC stuff. They need to add a couple of exclusive heavy hitters in order to distinguish themselves.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The Xbox Live Arcade will have a few gems in the start of the year -- this I can guarantee you ;). Playing through some that are shaping up real nicely as of this moment.

Interested in.

Fear 2
Onchanbara
Street Fighter 4-Or on PS3
Resident Evil 5-Or on PS3
Alan Wake
All Points Bulletin
Bayonetta
Bionic Commando
Bioshock 2
Halo 3:ODST
Mafia 2
N3 2
The Witcher

And a maybe to these other games
Star Ocean 4
Rogue Warrior
Aliens
Alpha Protocol
Brutal Warriors
Dark Void

adversesolutions said:
Again, could Japanese exclusives like Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EX, Ketsui EX and Deathsmiles be added in a separate section please?

Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EX still doesn't have a release date but it's supposed to be 'this winter' so...

Yes please.

Or "TBA TB..P (published) labels or something. Those are my most anticipated 2009 titles.

FrankT

EA has told videogamer that BioWare is “working towards Mass Effect 2″.

“They’ve (BioWare) talked about it being a trilogy,” said the rep. “It’s no surprise that they are working towards Mass Effect 2.”

Well, yeah, it isn’t. Especially as it was revealed last week that BioWare devs Dusty Everman and Corey Andruko would be talking about the game at GDC 09.

http://www.videogaming247.com/

Well EA at least acknowledging it exists heh. 2008 Believe.

sciplore

Great job overall Golden also will you be posting the xbla games that come out this year? Because the Maw just came out and I did not see it on your list. Here is a link for the main site where they have all the screenshots and such. http://www.mawgame.com/

Also I do not know why but it is so surreal to me to see Final Fantasy on this list.

Kydd BlaZe

sionyboy said:
Its going to have multiplayer support, forge as well as the Heroic and Mythic map packs bundled in with it as well.
From what I read in that GI cover story, ODST is campaign only. It will however, include the Mythic Map Pack as well as another Map Pack for Halo 3. There is no multiplayer for ODST, however.

Kydd BlaZe said:
From what I read in that GI cover story, ODST is campaign only. It will however, include the Mythic Map Pack as well as another Map Pack for Halo 3. There is no multiplayer for ODST, however.

There is no multiplayer that revolves around the ODST experience as such, but it will have the Halo 3 multiplayer on the disc. Think of ODST as a 4 hour campaign and the complete Halo 3 MP component on one disc.

In the bits of noncampaign information given, Smith and Jarrard also noted that Recon and Halo 3 players can play across both games in multiplayer,
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3170544

edit: Oh, this suggests that is not confirmed yet;

So, Recon will include the complete Halo 3 multiplayer experience (maps and all) and will communicate/share matchmaking space with other Recon players as well as Halo 3 players?

I don't think those specifics are completely ironed out yet beyond the guaranteed addition of new maps to the Recon package

Confoozed.

Shamrock

Banned
Man whats with everyone showing zero love for Battlestations Pacific. Hell of a RTS/Action hybrid. 360/PC exclusive to. Looks to be a 100% improvement over the first game from the video's they have shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6u_v1Q1Iw Click watch in high quality underneath the volume settings if your going to watch it.

Splinter Cell: Conviction | Publisher: Ubisoft | Developer: Ubisoft Montreal | Date: TBA | Only on Xbox

360 and windows (pc)
and square has confirmed it, no american or european ff13 (hence 360 version) before 2010

Hammer24

Banned
Shamrock said:
Man whats with everyone showing zero love for Battlestations Pacific. Hell of a RTS/Action hybrid. 360/PC exclusive to. Looks to be a 100% improvement over the first game from the video's they have shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6u_v1Q1Iw Click watch in high quality underneath the volume settings if your going to watch it.

The footage looks very impressive. But that said, after the last game this one still needs a convincing demo to win me over.

Top Bottom