• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 packaging rebrand incoming?

Thank god they're getting rid of the "Xbox Live" logo on game boxes. It stopped meaning anything years back and now only means that said game exists.

U2NUMB said:
With some minor adjustments it could look good.

xboxnewartmock.jpg

That look better, if all the rumor about the slim / natal box being black why they don't go black background behind the logo instead of white, maybe they just don't want it too look like the original Xbox box.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'll be super disappointed if the "rebranding" turns out to be slight adjustment on circles on the box plus a peripheral called Wave. So boring.

Having seen the new Rare logo I was hoping on something along those lines, significant rebrand like PS3 had last year. The stuff in this thread, the only person who will notice is the Xbox brand manager who occupies him/herself for the next two years chasing "old circles".

[Nintex]

They might pick an 'in your face' color for the Xbox slim, like green or something. So it stands out compared to other consoles with Motion Controls.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, all they did was make the rings on the right much thicker, and get rid of the thin green stripe at the bottom, and you nerds are complaining about that?

I expected as much even before I clicked the thread, but I was at least hoping for something other than the usual complaining.

Crisis

Banned
[Nintex] said:
They might pick an 'in your face' color for the Xbox slim, like green or something. So it stands out compared to other consoles with Motion Controls.

I'll take a ban bet right now that they will not be releasing an Xbox 360 slim/redesign/whatever with green as its primary color. It'll be white or black as the primary color.

mollipen

Skilotonn said:
Man, all they did was make the rings on the right much thicker, and get rid of the thin green stripe at the bottom, and you nerds are complaining about that?

Do you know anything about design? Because that's not "all" they did, and even if it was, little things can cause drastic changes in design balance and visual appeal.

KAL2006

Banned
shidoshi said:
Do you know anything about design? Because that's not "all" they did, and even if it was, little things can cause drastic changes in design balance and visual appeal.

I don't this change is much, It took me awhile to figure out there was something changed.

Also who is that on your avatar, it creeps me out it looks robot or a man in drag.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Crisis said:
I'll take a ban bet right now that they will not be releasing an Xbox 360 slim/redesign/whatever with green as its primary color. It'll be white or black as the primary color.
Uh...that doesn't sound like a good bet at all.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I wonder why we dont get more game slipcases. Most every Bluray movie has a slipcase which can be embossed and have different art than the restrictions of the plastic cover.

Blueblur1

Crisis said:
Someone's confident.

LQX

I never have any problems with how 360 brand against the game cover art looks. Screenshots of covers it always make it look worse than it is but under the sheen of the plastic they look fine.

Threi

notag
I wish they would move more towards the green/orange colour scheme, like what they had at last year's e3. Looks very nice, not like the green/grey they got going on right now

U2NUMB said:
Black does look pretty good if adjusted again

xboxnewartmockblack.jpg
CUy8J.gif

Wark

I actually didn't like the look of it at first, but after looking at it for a while I don't mind it. I'm curious to see what the spine looks like now though.

Adam J.

I've always hated Microsoft's decision to go with so much green with their cases. I understand that the color is one of their biggest copy points, but it sucks how often clashes with the game cover art (looking at my copy of Red Dead Redemption now and it looks like a Christmas special DVD with all that red and green).

Top Bottom