• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 SUPER LEAK DAY - Miitoos, ActivisLOL, Lips, Conker se--j/klol, Forza 3

Haeleos

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
You think LBP is going to sell better than fable 2?

Yes I do.

Also you dont think MS will market the hell out of BK3 and VP2 this fall seeing as how they are trying to go after the casual market?

I think VP2 is going to prolly get some more episodes for the TV series... and BK3 will be an awkward sell that won't catch on. We'll see on this one, but I'm thinking they won't make a difference in the console race.

Haeleos

clashfan said:
So basically what you are saying is no matter what MS tries to do Sony will do better? Ok, I think we know where you are coming from now.

I don't own a PS3 and probably never will. But if Microsoft didn't have Gears, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on this season. Which is sad, because I want to see the games they have outside shooters succeed, but nothing in the portfolio looks like it will. I shouldn't have been so sensational with my original comment, since I realize there are things outside shooters, but my argument is they are very small stones in Gears' pond.

BK3 is too obscure and the game is pretty hard to describe, I imagine. Viva Pinata II will only appeal to a niche corner of the casual games... certainly not the Pokemon kids, which is what MSoft tried to do with the first one, and this one isn't any different. The game is just too complex for kids to latch on to it. And I don't think the whole gardening aspect is very appealing to kids either.

I don't know if people want Fable 2 as much as they did the first one... I think the first one was kind of a meh experience and I think to a majority of people, wasn't as big as they wanted it to be.

I am personally looking forward to Too Human. Silicon Knights brought a live demo to my school last year, and besides the animation, the game looks pretty fun. I WANT these kind of games on the system. This and Fallout 3 are the games I'm still holding on to my 360 for.

So we have Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean, and a Tales game. They will move some consoles in Japan, but definitely not here. Based on Star Ocean 3 and Tales of Symphonia, I don't have high hopes for these. Maybe you think they are some of the greatest RPGs evar, but when I played them, I remember distinctly hating Star Ocean 3... so I don't know what to believe. Hey, I play Persona 3, Etrian Odyssey, Shiren... I like some jRPGs. But it's like if Grandia's sequel was announced on 360... who cares?!

I've actually never heard SO3 and ToS mentioned much since they were released, even in topics discussing jRPGs... and if you can tell me why Infinite Undiscovery is going to move consoles, that would be great, since what's been shown of it isn't terribly exciting.

I'm buying BK3, I don't care for platformers but this looks fun with the building aspect. and BK3 or LBP will not make any difference in the console race. none.

Haeleos

Scottlarock said:
I'm buying BK3, I don't care for platformers but this looks fun with the building aspect. and BK3 or LBP will not make any difference in the console race. none.

I'm buying it too, but I think LBP will be huge (if Sony has the brain to market it well), and BK3 will sell in the same league as the original VP. Slowly and over time. I won't be buying LBP either, since, again I don't have a PS3, so don't think I have PS3 bias or anything. I just think the game has WAY more potential of being something different and "gotta-have" then most of MSoft's lineup.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
" Here's some random ass japanese RPGs. Hope they are good."

meanwhile the completition is saying :

"Here -aren't- ANY Japanese RPG's. Please wait fo WKS, FF, etc... coming soon, honest guv!"

. I won't be buying LBP either, since, again I don't have a PS3, so don't think I have PS3 bias or anything.

ownership of a console isn't a sign you aren't baised around here, so i'd assume that non-ownership of a console also falls under the same logic.

potential

cooking with gas!

batbeg

Haeleos said:
So we have Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean, and a Tales game. They will move some consoles in Japan, but definitely not here. Based on Star Ocean 3 and Tales of Symphonia, I don't have high hopes for these. Maybe you think they are some of the greatest RPGs evar, but when I played them, I remember distinctly hating Star Ocean 3... so I don't know what to believe. Hey, I played Persona 3, Etrian Odyssey. It's like if Grandia's sequel was announced on 360... who cares?!

I've actually never heard those two games mentioned since SO3 and ToS were released... and if you can tell me why Infinite Undiscovery is going to move consoles, that would be great, since what's been shown of it isn't terribly exciting.

You're just like a really annoying troll who can't decide what their point is. Let's look at it from two ways, commercially, and critically.

Starting with critically, you clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about. That's great, because tri-Ace mention sales on their own website, and Star Ocean 3 sold almost 700k. Tales of Symphonia sold 120,000 in it's first couple of weeks, and doubtless went on to do more as it's over a million worldwide. I could dig up the Japanese numbers from JJS's site but it just really isn't worth it with you. For clarification, these are North American numbers.

Critically... well god damn, maybe if you read a preview such a IGN's hands-on with Infinite Undiscovery you'd know why people are excited for it. Will it move consoles? Who knows, it's a new IP. Will it bolster the 360s dominance of the RPG genre? Er, yes, and more importantly, it's a part of that diversity you claimed was missing until you changed your argument.

Frankly I don't know why I'm bothering though, reading your comments over the last page shows your a complete mess and all over the place with misinformation and trolling comments.

Haeleos said:
I'm buying it too, but I think LBP will be huge (if Sony has the brain to market it well), and BK3 will sell in the same league as the original VP. Slowly and over time. I won't be buying LBP either, since, again I don't have a PS3, so don't think I have PS3 bias or anything. I just think the game has WAY more potential of being something different and "gotta-have" then most of MSoft's lineup.
I disagree with you, but I guess we will see as you say.

Haeleos

DCharlie said:
meanwhile the completition is saying :

"Here -aren't- ANY Japanese RPG's. Please wait fo WKS, FF, etc... coming soon, honest guv!"

ownership of a console isn't a sign you aren't baised around here, so i'd assume that non-ownership of a console also falls under the same logic.

Ok well... the difference is the next Final Fantasy will be a big fucking deal. Is anyone going to be remember Blue Dragon years from now, other than the time Microsoft put out a half assed cookie cutter jRPG? Maybe because Microsoft is releasing so many games they will equal the sales of a single FF, and you can call that a ... victory? or something... Are we all going to be waiting for Lost Odyssey VII some day? I doubt it.

Anyways, I expect most people just call bias when someone sides with one console over another, so you can think what you want. I will never own a PS3, have no interest in playing Metal Gear or Uncharted, and am quite content with the games I own. I'll buy Fallout 3 and maybe Too Human, and maybe pickup Dragon Quest IV. Not because I'm poor, but because nothing else interests me.

When I saw the Avatars and the retreading of the Wiimote for xbox rumours, I was like " Can you miss the point even further? I don't know if you can, Microsoft."

Hawk269

I did not notice since this thread is exploding....

Did Che ever come in here to say anything about Forza 3 or is he avoiding this like the plague??

Haeleos said:
Ok well... the difference is the next Final Fantasy will be a big fucking deal. Is anyone going to be remember Blue Dragon years from now, other than the time Microsoft put out a half assed cookie cutter jRPG? Maybe because Microsoft is releasing so many games they will equal the sales of a single FF, and you can call that a ... victory? or something...

Anyways, I expect most people just call bias when someone sides with one console over another, so you can think what you want. I will never own a PS3, have no interest in playing Metal Gear or Uncharted, and am quite content with the games I own. I'll buy Fallout 3 and maybe Too Human, and maybe pickup Dragon Quest IV. Not because I'm poor, but because nothing else interests me.

When I saw the Avatars and the retreading of the Wiimote for xbox rumours, I was like " Can you miss the point even further? I don't know if you can, Microsoft."
LO is great, no it won't move FF numbers, but if was named FF it would have. and it's sales are good. BD sales are low, I guess thats why you picked it instead of LO which is much more like FF.

Haeleos said:
Ok well... the difference is the next Final Fantasy will be a big fucking deal. Is anyone going to be remember Blue Dragon years from now, other than the time Microsoft put out a half assed cookie cutter jRPG? Maybe because Microsoft is releasing so many games they will equal the sales of a single FF, and you can call that a ... victory? or something...

Now, to play Devil's Advocate... since no console exclusive FPS will sell as well as Halo 3 the rest of the generation, should Sony and Nintendo not release any games in this genre at all?

Since no fighting game will outsell Super Smash Bros, is every other fighting game released completely forgettable? Or a desperate, worthless, throwaway of a release that they shouldn't even bother putting out because it will make no difference in the console war?

The world doesn't revolve around any single entry in a genre (sans Madden, which eliminated its competition), no matter how popular it is

Calling the new Tales and Star Ocean games "half ass" when they're among the most popular console JRPGs in existence from last gen is a pretty bold statement.

Haeleos

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Calling the new Tales and Star Ocean games "half ass" when they're probably the second and third most popular console JRPGs in existence from last gen is a pretty bold statement.

Now if Dragon's Quest X was announced as 360 exclusive, everyone would have a reason to stand up.

These announcements are just very reminiscent of Lost Odyssey's and Blue Dragon's announcements. No one really cared, there was no huge trailer or anything to generate an idea of "This is a big deal." Mostly because they weren't.

PS2 had Sly Cooper, Jak and Ratchet all existing on the same console and all worth owning since they were really good titles in the same genre. Microsoft meanwhile had several attempts at their own platformers, all falling well behind the three Sony games and all pretty much NOT worth owning.

Many of my arguments here are just basing it on past experiences that Microsoft has had in these areas. They've had more than 1 attempt at trying to promise platformers, jRPGs... and they've been pretty much flops across the board.

Hawk269 said:
I did not notice since this thread is exploding....

Did Che ever come in here to say anything about Forza 3 or is he avoiding this like the plague??
It hasn't been officially announced -- he's not going to spill a bunch of details here when the company isn't ready to show it yet. Even a confirmation would be a bad idea, since everyone knows he works for Turn 10.

If they're saving the announcement until E3, I wouldn't expect to hear anything official until then.

Haeleos said:
Now if Dragon's Quest X was announced as 360 exclusive, everyone would have a reason to stand up.

These announcements are just very reminiscent of Lost Odyssey's and Blue Dragon's announcements. No one really cared, there was no huge trailer or anything to generate an idea of "This is a big deal." Mostly because they weren't.

PS2 had Sly Cooper, Jak and Ratchet all existing on the same console and all worth owning since they were really good titles in the same genre. Microsoft meanwhile had several attempts at their own platformers, all falling well behind the three Sony games and all pretty much NOT worth owning.
you make no sense. so now we are talking about ps2 platformers and not next gen consoles. you are about to make a blinx comment aren't you? how about some PS1 games?

BTW LO is great. just saying. it'll do over a million by the end of this generation.

Haeleos said:

So, because the PS2 had more and better platformers than the original Xbox, it stands to reason that the 360 RPG lineup is doomed to failure.

A perfectly well-reasoned conclusion.

I don't understand your angst over MS' RPG lineup. Are we only supposed to be excited for games that have the potential to move consoles? There's two huge threads, one on the first page right now, full of people who care about Star Ocean and Tales. Their predecessors were very popular in North America (where, coincidentally, no one gives a fuck about Dragon Quest, go figure). They will probably be considered good to the people who liked the previous games in the series.

Personally, I can't wait for Vesperia since I loved Symphonia.

For someone who owns a 360, all that really should matter is having more good games to play - even if MS has to open their pocketbooks for us to get them.

Haeleos said:
Many of my arguments here are just basing it on past experiences that Microsoft has had in these areas. They've had more than 1 attempt at trying to promise platformers, jRPGs... and they've been pretty much flops across the board.

MS isn't making these games. They won't magically suck just because they're on Xbox.

Haeleos

Scottlarock said:
you make no sense. so now we are talking about ps2 platformers and not next gen consoles. you are about to make a blinx comment aren't you? how about some PS1 games?

It's fairly relevant, I don't see what you're missing here. Microsoft released several shitty platformers to compete with Ratchet and Sly and Jak. Microsoft releases shitty jRPGs to make themselves to compete in Japan. Microsoft silently announces more cookie cutter jRPGs, while trumpeting Gears of War 2. Why not get behind these games as much as their shooter line up? There's no confidence in Rare or Mistwalker's games. They are playing catch up in their weak areas in a really sloppy way.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
So, because the PS2 had more and better platformers than the original Xbox, it stands to reason that the 360 RPG lineup is doomed to failure.

A perfectly well-reasoned conclusion.

I don't understand your angst over MS' RPG lineup. Are we only supposed to be excited for games that have the potential to move consoles? There's two huge threads, one on the first page right now, full of people who care about Star Ocean and Tales. Their predecessors were very popular in North America (where, coincidentally, no one gives a fuck about Dragon Quest, go figure). They will probably be considered good to the people who liked the previous games in the series.

Personally, I can't wait for Vesperia since I loved Symphonia.

For someone who owns a 360, all that really should matter is having more good games to play - even if MS has to open their pocketbooks for us to get them.
erase my post, you said it better.

Haeleos said:

You keep moving the goalposts. If you compare any consoles to the PS2 in almost any genre they are gonna look pathetic. I'm not even sure what your argument is because you change it in every post.

Haeleos said:
It's fairly relevant, I don't see what you're missing here. Microsoft released several shitty platformers to compete with Ratchet and Sly and Jak. Microsoft releases shitty jRPGs to make themselves relevant in japanese markets. Microsoft silently announces more jRPGs, while trumpeting Gears of War 2. They are playing catch up in their weak areas in a really sloppy way.
ummm. no? keep going, this is getting entertaining.

Haeleos

Well, we are sitting here arguing over games we haven't played yet... so I can't say whether they are going to be good or not, and neither can you. You guys are getting so worked up over speculation.

But like I said, Microsoft's had two attempts at jRPGs so far, and they had many attempts at platformers through Rare and other studios. It's not working for them so far, so where is all this blind hope coming from that these new ones are going to be any better when they've fucked up so many times in the past?

ummm. no? keep going, this is getting entertaining.

Ummm, yes? See I can do it too. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were fairly average ho hum jRPGs. Forgettable in every sense of the word.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Haeleos said:
It's fairly relevant, I don't see what you're missing here. Microsoft released several shitty platformers to compete with Ratchet and Sly and Jak. Microsoft releases shitty jRPGs to make themselves to compete in Japan. Microsoft silently announces more cookie cutter jRPGs, while trumpeting Gears of War 2. Why not get behind these games as much as their shooter line up? There's no confidence in Rare or Mistwalker's games. They are playing catch up in their weak areas in a really sloppy way.

You were much easier to take as a junior. Before it was funny. Now you're just weeeeeird.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Jammy said:
And why are there "board" games coming out for 360/PS3 and NOT Wii?

None of this makes sense.
That would require a third party to put effort into a Wii game. It makes perfect sense why they aren't doing it.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get Tony Hawk's Skateboard Party somewhere down the line.

Haeleos said:
Well, we are sitting here arguing over games we haven't played yet... so I can't say whether they are going to be good or not.

But like I said, Microsoft's had two attempts at jRPGs so far, and they had many attempts at platformers through Rare and other studios. It's not working for them so far, so where is all this blind hope coming from that these new ones are going to be any better when they've fucked up so many times in the past?
I want LO2, never played BD. LO isnot a 'fuckup' please keep going. read the LO thread and how it still pops up after all this time its been released.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Link said:
That would require a third party to put effort into a Wii game. It makes perfect sense why they aren't doing it.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get Tony Hawk's Skateboard Party somewhere down the line.

Tony Hawk'z Skateboardz Partiez

Seriously, screw them if true, I'll just get Skate It (which is probably five times better anyway, if Skate vs. Proving Ground is anything to go off of.)

Haeleos

Scottlarock said:
I want LO2, never played BD. LO isnot a 'fuckup' please keep going. read the LO thread and how it still pops up after all this time its been released.

Our opinions aren't the same, so why would you want me to keep going? I hate Lost Odyssey, you like it. I'll keep saying "It sucks." you'll keep saying you loved it. Most people I've talked to thought it was pretty mediocre as well. These are all opinions and they add up to nothing. A thread gets bumped out of nowhere all the time here. The difference is I can respect that you like Lost Odyssey, where you are of the "lol you're wrong" variety.

Haeleos said:
Our opinions aren't the same, so why would you want me to keep going? I hate Lost Odyssey, you like it. I'll keep saying "It sucks." you'll keep saying you loved it. Most people I've talked to thought it was pretty mediocre as well. These are all opinions and they add up to nothing. A thread gets bumped out of nowhere all the time here.
not 'fuckup' games

Haeleos said:
Well, we are sitting here arguing over games we haven't played yet... so I can't say whether they are going to be good or not, and neither can you. You guys are getting so worked up over speculation.

Ummm, yes? See I can do it too. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were fairly average ho hum jRPGs. Forgettable in every sense of the word.

So before I bail out of this thread, can you explain how Mistwalker's (the guys who directed BD/LO) and Artoon/Feel Plus' (the guys who developed them) complete and abject failure in RPG development, somehow automatically means that Tri-Ace, Team Symphonia, and Hiroshi Takai will all simultaneously release the shittiest games they've ever made this fall for the 360?

I'll save you the space - one has nothing to do with the other. The games aren't made by Microsoft. None of the 4 RPGs in question are even published by MS. They have absolutely no say in how good or bad the games will end up being, and the precedent set by Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey should have no bearing on how these titles are received.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Haeleos said:
I agree with all the other people in this thread, you make no sense. The Japanese role playing games on the xbox 360 are good, and Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4 on the 360 is a big deal. In another post you say you own a 360 and don,t own a ps3, then why are you being so negative toward the 360's role playing games? As a ps3 - 360 owner I am happy to hear about any new games coming to those two systems, MS IS NOT PLAYING CATCH UP THIS GEN

batbeg

Haeleos said:

Yet you somehow know enough to suggest that Microsoft has no variety in the next year.

It's okay, I know you forgot what you were arguing for to begin with, I'm just reminding you how stupid it was to begin with.

Haeleos

Anyways, I will try to reformulate my thoughts since a lot of people were saying I got off track, so I apologize.

Microsoft, whether they want it or not, have a shooter-centric user base because they herald those titles (Halo, Gears) more so than their other games. The fact shooters sell more is moot, because Sony is capable, as seen on PS2, of conquering many genres with 1st party talent. Xbox needs to concentrate on their first party talent as apposed to concentrating on Wii knock off peripherals and Avatars.

Haeleos said:
Anyways, I will try to reformulate my thoughts since a lot of people were saying I got off track, so I apologize.

Microsoft, whether they want it or not, have a shooter-centric user base because they herald those titles (Halo, Gears) more so than their other games. The fact shooters sell more is moot, because Sony is capable, as seen on PS2, of conquering many genres with 1st party talent. Xbox needs to concentrate on their first party talent as apposed to concentrating on Wii knock off peripherals and Avatars. The titles they announced (VP2 will not appeal to a wider audience than VP1,
(resistance, MGS4)

EDIT: 360 has rpgs, fps, racing, rtsg, sports, puzzle, besides platformers what else are they missing?

batbeg

Scottlarock said:
(resistance, MGS4)

EDIT: 360 has rpgs, fps, racing, rtsg, sports, puzzle, besides platformers what else are they missing?

RPGs? Not Final Fantasy. FPS? Not Killzone 2. Racing? Not Gran Turismo. RTS? Not... uh... Sports? Not Wii Sports. Puzzle? Not Echocrome.

There. I think we can all agree Microsoft has nothing. To be honest, I doubt they even have a console on the market at times.

Haeleos

Scottlarock said:
(resistance, MGS4)

(Sorry my last post was cut/pasted and it got cut off. I'll edit it in a second.)

Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Enchanted Arms and Phantasy Star Universe. If you're happy with that lineup, good for you, you have low expectations. Nothing there looks terribly interesting to me, as they are all pretty much based off of outdated gameplay designs. Random battles, long load times... these games might as well have been on last gen consoles. But I guess most jRPG fans on 360 take anything they can get according to the replies I've got so far. This is a mediocre lineup, and I'm not going to sit here and debate whether the new ones are going to be any good, but it's taken several years to get these games on the shelves. The Tales and Star Ocean games, for me, were pretty second rate on last gen as well.

No one seriously plays RTS games on 360 when you have the choice between PC and 360. I don't think Command & Conquer 3 won anyone over to the console side last year.

And you can count the number of good puzzle games on two fingers. Are we counting XBLA? I see Puzzle Quest, but that's on every system.

That leaves FPS and sports games pretty much.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Haeleos said:
Well, we have no idea if the jRPGs are going to be any good. I don't think Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean would be system sellers even if they were for PS3.

I think the charm, customization aspect and ease of play, combined with how much Sony will back LBP marketing wise will make the Wii crowd look at the PS3 a bit more. I still won't buy a PS3, myself, but... again, I think it has more selling power than those RPGs do, especially in NA.

I'm they will look at it a bit more...than go back to playing Wii Sports after looking at the price tag.

Proelite

batbeg said:
RPGs? Not Final Fantasy. FPS? Not Killzone 2. Racing? Not Gran Turismo. RTS? Not... uh... Sports? Not Wii Sports. Puzzle? Not Echocrome.

There. I think we can all agree Microsoft has nothing. To be honest, I doubt they even have a console on the market at times.

EDIT: Your post was sarcastic. :D

batbeg said:

:)

Haeleos said:
(Sorry my last post was cut/pasted and it got cut off. I'll edit it in a second.)

Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Enchanted Arms and Phantasy Star Universe. If you're happy with that lineup, good for you, you have low expectations. Nothing there looks terribly interesting to me, as they are all pretty much based off of outdated gameplay designs. Random battles, long load times... these games might as well have been on last gen consoles. But I guess most jRPG fans on 360 take anything they can get according to the replies I've got so far. This is a mediocre lineup, and I'm not going to sit here and debate whether the new ones are going to be any good, but it's taken several years to get these games on the shelves. The Tales and Star Ocean games, for me, were pretty second rate on last gen as well.

No one seriously plays RTS games on 360 when you have the choice between PC and 360. I don't think Command & Conquer 3 won anyone over to the console side last year.

And you can count the number of good puzzle games on two fingers.

So because the dont appeal to you the people who the games do appeal too have low expectations?

C&C3 sold around 500k on the 360 which came out after the PC version.

so theres only 4 genres on the 360 nows? jrpgs, RTS's, FPS and Sports games?

Also wasnt your original argument that the 360 didnt have a diverse lineup?

Haeleos said:

And you can count the number of good puzzle games on two fingers.

so we are now including PC, great. and about all the RPGs you listed, yes. its nice to play rpgs now and maybe play your rpg in 2009. low expectations? maybe to you but I'm having a blast playing RPGs now. second rate tales or star ocean? I'll take it while I wait to play FF in 09. more great games the better. C&C on 360. awesome, hope they tweak the controls a little. but other wise bring it.

should we bring up gamertags? I would love to see how much you played BD, LO or these other 'suck'games

Firestorm

Haeleos said:
I'm saying the titles that are being announced outside of Gears, which is their obvious heavy hitter, will not make a difference. They heard the criticisms of their portfolio last year, and this is all they can muster. Buying timed exclusives from Square Enix for their second tier games. You will never see Banjo Kazooie get anywhere near the hype or marketing budget that Halo or Gears gets. It's because MSoft's emphasis is still on FPS.

Mistwalker failed as much as Rare did. They just don't have the power to secure good development teams. I don't see these barely mentioned SE RPGs doing anything but continuing the trend of " Ok here's our other stuff besides Gears and Halo..." games.

How well does Star Ocean sell in NA? As that's the only big name they have in their RPG catalogue it seems... There is no power out of the gate with any of these titles the way Little Big Planet has. I don't even own a PS3, yet anyone can see how the hype stacks.

" Here's some random ass japanese RPGs. Hope they are good."
Little Big Planet has power out of the gate? What the hell. Star Ocean is a proven million-seller. Tales of Vesperia is Bandai Namco's premier RPG franchise and the 4th popular in Japan (after FF, DQ, and Pokemon). 360's portfolio is diverse. Unless of course you only buy and pay attention to the FPSes so that you can complain about them on GAF.

Haeleos

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
So because the dont appeal to you the people who the games do appeal too have low expectations?

If you think the 360 has a good stable of jRPGs, then yes, you have low expectations.

Unless of course you only buy and pay attention to the FPSes so that you can complain about them on GAF.

I don't own 1 FPS game currently. I enjoy FPSs though... I just don't own any (just sold off GRAW2 and Bioshock CE, actually). I'm playing Overlord, DiRT, Viva Pinata, Virtua Fighter 5 Online, and Samurai Warriors 2 these days. Can you see how there's room for a lot more on the console instead of the duck behind cover shooter and the random battles with long load times cookie cutter jRPG? I want Banjo to do well, but it's not grabbing me yet. I'll be picking up Too Human and Fallout 3. Playing Persona 3, Etrian Odyssey, Contra 4, Worms Open Warfare 2, Okami... I don't have shitty taste in games, according to me. You might think otherwise. You also might think that the jRPGs I listed are good games. Opinions differ. Deal with it, it's a message board.

ps. Firestorm, didn't know you were on GAF... I'm on the CAG Canada boards.

batbeg

Haeleos said:
If you think the 360 has a good stable of jRPGs, then yes, you have low expectations.

So a good JRPG lineup is "will eventually have Final Fantasy"? Sorry, but maybe you should look at the damn market. Just because you have moronic beliefs about "tiers" of RPGs doesn't change the fact the 360 is leading the charge for JRPGs, many of which will be excellent (Tales, IU, SO4), some of which may not be.

Haeleos said:
so I don't have any great jRPGs until 2009?

again: he can stop alot of this by providing his gamertag. I know he owns a 360, but I don't believe hes played half of these games hes hating on.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
batbeg said:
So a good JRPG lineup is "will eventually have Final Fantasy"? Sorry, but maybe you should look at the damn market. Just because you have moronic beliefs about "tiers" of RPGs doesn't change the fact the 360 is leading the charge for JRPGs, many of which will be excellent (Tales, IU, SO4), some of which may not be.

Look at the PS2 and DS plz.

I wouldn't be so sure about the quality of IU.

Haeleos said:

I'm wading through your sea of dumb in this thread to ask if you actually played Lost Odyssey? I did and I enjoyed it more than any JRPG in years. It is the long-lost sequel to FFX that we never really got.

Well....I'm back and I got my answer! XBL is a beautiful thing. Not only have you NOT played Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon, two games you called shitty, you haven't played a single Japanese RPG on the system for any period of time (apparently you played Eternal Sonata for about 15 minutes for some reason).

Haeleos Gamertag

So why are you going on and on with your misinformed opinions about Japanese RPGs in this thread?!?

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Haeleos said:
i whis my ps3 had the lineup of role playing games that my 360 has .
i think there is 3 role playing games on the ps3 right now. two of them are from the 360

dammitmattt said:
I'm wading through your sea of dumb in this thread to ask if you actually played Lost Odyssey? I did and I enjoyed it more than any JRPG in years. It is the long-lost sequel to FFX that we never really got.

Well....I'm back and I got my answer! XBL is a beautiful thing. Not only have you NOT played Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon, two games you called shitty, you haven't played a single Japanese RPG on the system for any period of time (apparently you played Eternal Sonata for about 15 minutes for some reason).

Haeleos Gamertag

So why are you going on and on with your misinformed opinions about Japanese RPGs in this thread?!?
nice job matt

Top Bottom