• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

So I bought my big box last night and saved the code until this morning because I figured I had a better chance of winning in the morning when nobody is eating Taco Bell, and I WON!!

BrkxQTO.jpg
Nice! The more winners we get around here, the better. It keeps hope alive!

Playing in the AM is seemingly the best chance you have. Your code isn't tied to the prize, it just allows you access to "claim" the prize which becomes available every 10 minutes.

Taco Bell pisses me off sometimes,
I actually love their food but besides specials their stuff is way overpriced and they can't even put a spoon full of meat on a taco properly.

Got 2 boxes last night and both Doritos taco didn't even have enough meat to cover the length of the taco.

Stencil

Oh shit I remember when they were giving out a PS4, and then a PSVR. The only time I've ever eaten Taco Bell out of high school. I'll keep an eye on GAF to see how the chances are before participating again.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
Am I still to believe that putting in the code around 3-5am is more likely to win then doing it in the afternoon!?

It's more the gap from less texts coming in result in a slight higher odds in hitting the win window. Every 10 minutes has a random 'win' mark that after that time, the next person to text wins. So at lets say 3:23:45 am, first person to text after that time will win. Now since its in the morning, the amount of texts coming in should be lower so might take 5-10 seconds for the next text to come in. Lunch/Dinner time, the next text would come in almost instantly.

Really, it's a way to give a buffer if you're a few seconds past the 'win' time. lunch/dinner, you'd have to be nearly exact to get it.

PrinceKee

I’ve had a code for 4 days I’ve been meaning to put in during the wee hours of the morning and keep forgetting. I never win anyways so it probably doesn’t matter lol...

Durock

Today was my 8th time going to Taco Bell. Purchased two more boxes. This is the last time. No more. If I lose, I'll wait for the doritos and Mountain Dew promo.

PrinceKee

Same here. I'm thinking about setting an alarm tonight but knowing me I won't be able to go back to sleep later.

Yep, I thought about setting an alarm also. I don’t usually fall asleep until 2am CDT. Not sure if that’s late enough. I have to get up for work at 6:30 so maybe I should try then...

My brother just won after his 2nd box and his first box, he didn't even use the code. He entered it around 11:48pm. When he told me he won, I was in disbelief. He doesn't even play on consoles anymore lol! Talk about luck.

What do you do if you order the box but don't get the actual box with the code? I remember a couple of times when trying to win a PS4 for their promotion around launch with Taco Bell, I was just given the food in a bag.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
What do you do if you order the box but don't get the actual box with the code? I remember a couple of times when trying to win a PS4 for their promotion around launch with Taco Bell, I was just given the food in a bag.

ask for the box, and if don't get it, speak to manager. Sometimes they might be all out, or they're holding back and require to be talked too before getting it.

FyreWulff

Aren't these codes easy with some sort of key generator? They'd seem very generic just saying.

You can only play once a day even if you buy one so rate limiting will make generating them useless and if they find out you're trying to get around it they can void your prize.

xkramz

I have yet to see a code, is it a series of numbers and letters? How many digits in a series?

well so far 3 of my boxes ( 2 from one spot and the other from another spot in brooklyn )

its 12 letters or numbers

all of my boxes started off with 2Y and they all have an X on the 8th number or letter..idk maybe its just coincidence but thats 3 of the 12 serial

well so far 3 of my boxes ( 2 from one spot and the other from another spot in brooklyn )

its 12 letters or numbers

all of my boxes started off with 2Y and they all have an X on the 8th number or letter..idk maybe its just coincidence but thats 3 of the 12 serial

I guess it's better not to try to cheat the system. Their rules do say you will be disqualified

KodaRuss

I won this morning at about 7am before work. I was likely not going to ever buy an Xbox One this gen but thanks Taco Bell. Looks like I will be playing PUBG a little earlier than I thought.

It comes with Forza 7 as well, didnt realize that.

I will definitely be playing some of the big games I have missed on the PS4.

Sunset Overdrive probably right away.

kuYuri

Taco Bell pisses me off sometimes,
I actually love their food but besides specials their stuff is way overpriced and they can't even put a spoon full of meat on a taco properly.

Got 2 boxes last night and both Doritos taco didn't even have enough meat to cover the length of the taco.

$5 is overpriced? I think these boxes are actually a good value compared to what I would usually have to pay for fast food these days. $5 for a box like that is like 1990s value fast food to me.

To be fair, it doesn't help that I live in an expensive ass city.

Man, I knew there was a trick to this contest. I already used 3 codes. I want my limit to be 5 so I'm not going crazy trying to win this.
Sooo instead of giving us new games, we're getting tacos with it? I mean I love tacos but I think I'd rather have games.
This joke is played out bruh.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
$5 is overpriced? I think these boxes are actually a good value compared to what I would usually have to pay for fast food these days. $5 for a box like that is like 1990s value fast food to me.

Agreed. On a calorie per dollar basis, it has to be quite high on the value scale. (I haven't done the math.)

Ooo excited just got 3 codes through email. I'm itching out of exicitment.

I'm think I should enter one now and if I don't win do it around maybe 5am tomorrow.

To be fair, it doesn't help that I live in an expensive ass city.

I said besides the specials,
The boxes here go up above $5 when these specials end but the box is a decent deal.
But this is typically what the tacos my locations serves look like
$1.30+

I'm 0-3 with this, and 0-20 something if I count the times I tried for the PlayStation giveaways. Think I'm done, haha. Will wait for whatever day it is they give the free code.

Edit: And congrats to the winners.

SRTtoZ

I dont really want an XB1X but I love Taco Bell enough that ill try. Bought 2, will try to redeem in the morning.

And 5 bucks my ass. Closer to 7 per box in NY.

Top Bottom