• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox community now asking Microsoft to show games running on Xbox Series X.

hyperbertha

No need to show games running on your console when you are not releasing games.

JIGeIud.jpg

Lone Wolf

If they had something the would have showed it already, seems like trouble with the green machine
The same thing was said about Xbox One and it turned out fine. With that said, Xbox is looking very bad right now and they need to fix this soon. hope they do. Even the die hards are turning on them. I was always Xbox as my primary system, and I’m getting a PS5 first now. It’s not looking good.

93xfan

Banned
If they had something the would have showed it already, seems like trouble with the green machine

it’s likely dev kits rolled out a decent deal later for XSX. Possibly due to MS wanting all the RDNA 2 features (at least that’s one rumor I’ve heard). Hope it doesn’t affect launch games too much.

also, add in PS5 being easier to develop for.

edit: with that said, it’s not excusable. After starting this year off so strong, they’ve really done so many missteps.

Last edited:

GHG

After what happened to Halo I wouldn’t want to show any game that was not 100% ready for primetime.

AFAIK other than the Minecraft RT demo we've seen nothing running on the hardware. Not even third party stuff.

Has there been another console (this close to launch) where we haven't seen anything that's about to launch on it actually running on the hardware itself?

Kinda spooky all the big Xbox “insiders” all have the same talking point.

2 days in a row, COD and now Ratchet and Clank. Both running on PS5 hardware.

It's starting to hit home now.

Last edited:

Entroyp

AFAIK other than the Minecraft RT demo we've seen nothing running on the hardware. Not even third party stuff.

Has there been another console (this close to launch) where we haven't seen anything that's about to launch on it actually running on the hardware itself?

This is true, and I can’t think of any other console that we hadn’t seen games running on it this close to launch.

But on the plus side for MS, their fanbase values power bragging rights above having good exclusive games.

CamHostage

Wasn't The Medium demo captured from a devkit?

I'm not sure? That is a full-fledged gameplay walkthrough (and it's one of the built-for-Series X exclusives coming at launch; I assume all the crossplatform games like AC Valhalla and DIRT have been running on next-gen, but who knows where they are as far as optimizing/enhancing those since the main games ship first,) so I'd count it, but they don't say the demo is running on Xbox Series X.

It's got Xbox buttons on the context-sensitive items (which could go either way, but I'd assume you would play this type of game with M&K rather than a joypad if you were playing the PC version, but maybe they don't have the code fork for controller input icons yet) but otherwise all they say is, "Thanks to the power of the hardware, you will be able to play in both worlds at the same time."

Last edited:

GHG

I'm not sure? It's got Xbox buttons on the context-sensitive items (which could go either way, but I'd assume you would play this type of game with M&K rather than a joypad if you were playing the PC version, but maybe they don't have the code fork for controller input icons yet) but otherwise all they say is, "Thanks to the power of the hardware, you will be able to play in both worlds at the same time."

No you wouldn't... It's pretty much a third person walking simulator. It was played on a PC.

I just played through a plague tale on PC and decided to use the controller because of the slower paced story driven nature of the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom