• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox community now asking Microsoft to show games running on Xbox Series X.

kyoji

haha oh so now literally the entire gaming industry is not allowed to say anything about it? jesus christ lol. There hasn't even been any anonymous leaks of any issues. Also how do you know that first party devs would have been screaming about issues months ago?

How much do sony pay you? Must be a fair bit since you and the same old group of posters are constantly on the offensive against MS.
Not on the offensive, just not a fan of wolf tickets

thelastword

Banned
Well it's not strange, because MS is going to lose even more fans next generation based on what's happening with them.....I think some of these fans finally get that they are partly the reason for MS's demise. They support everything, even 60-69 Meta games, saying it's the most fun they had......I guess, they are finally speaking the truth now....

oagboghi2

Where are all the third party developers speaking out that they're having massive problems and can't get games running on their Series X dev kits that they have had for months and months and months? Don't you think something like that would have come out?

I don't need to see games because I know they'll be there. Again, unless you think that the console is some sort of clusterfuck that doesn't work based on literally nothing, yet not a single developer or publisher that has games releasing for it at any stage over the next few years has not said a single thing for some unknown reason, then why are you concerned?

lol "mouthpieces for xbox". They're not the "xbox community".
What is so hard to understand people want to see games running off of the hardware, and not off a PC? Seems like a simple ask to me, but the thought can’t seem to enter your skull

Last edited:

Humdinger

Gold Member
I had two xb1x's this gen. Sold both last month and even bought a ps4 pro to hold me over until I can buy a ps5. Costly move to switch just to get away from Xbox. Like investing into something for 7 years and realizing you invested into a loser.

I did the same about 8 years ago, switched from Xbox to Playstation. The initial cost wasn't that bad -- a few hundred dollars -- and it reinvigorated my love of gaming, so it was worth it. Over the course of the gen, I ended up wasting some money on buying an Xbox One, then selling it in 9 months, then a few years later, buying an Xbox 1X, and selling it in about 9 months. I think I was stoned when I decided to buy the 1X. Seemed like a good idea at the time, lol. But each time, I discovered there just wasn't enough to keep me interested, and I preferred what Sony was doing. I'm probably a one-console guy anyway.

I was an Xbox guy for a decade, now I've been a Sony guy for about as long. I don't have a loyalty to corporations -- I just go where the experiences I like are.

Things change. In 3 or 4 years, MS might be in a stronger position, after they are able to cut the Xbone loose and their studios start delivering consistently. Who knows.

Last edited:

Redlight

Guessed who started this thread before I even opened it lol.

There's an industry wide conspiracy apparently to sell people a hoax game console that doesn't exist.

26n6hFw.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
That is a trick request.
We all saw how it turned with Halo that was not even running on Series X.

If MS doesn’t have something that really looks better than what Sony showed then they won’t risk another Halo meltdown... and that include MS 3rd-party partners.

Said that don’t take serious what these guys in tweet says... they are embarrassing at minimum.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Well it's not strange, because MS is going to lose even more fans next generation based on what's happening with them.....I think some of these fans finally get that they are partly the reason for MS's demise. They support everything, even 60-69 Meta games, saying it's the most fun they had......I guess, they are finally speaking the truth now....
Yes and certain sections did the same with Driveclub and that zombie game. Fanboys will be fanboys.

As for this, i dont see anything wrong with what they are asking, in fact Microsoft need a kick up the backside. We are so close to launch and we dont know the prices of these consoles, the date of release, and even what games are 100% confirmed for launch. Bizaare.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
AFAIK other than the Minecraft RT demo we've seen nothing running on the hardware. Not even third party stuff.

Has there been another console (this close to launch) where we haven't seen anything that's about to launch on it actually running on the hardware itself?

2 days in a row, COD and now Ratchet and Clank. Both running on PS5 hardware.

It's starting to hit home now.
We were also shown spiderman miles morales and also gameplay of gran turismo as well last showing, Hell even new horizon was shown and some of that looked like gameplay

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

saintjules

I think their points are valid, but who are these people? Are they noteworthy?

Well, they are people that have been tooting Xbox/Microsoft's horn for a long time now. And that's what I find interesting here; is that they themselves even are wondering why there isn't gameplay being shown on the hardware.

The other side I'm curious about is they're going after GP Ultimate and releasing on PC as well as consoles. Where is the footage from first party games running on PCs? There is no need to wait on those but I suppose they want to put the console up front?

truth411

Whats even more surprising is that the Xbox Series S haven't been announced yet. Do devs even have dev kits for the Series S?

Edit: have the online paywall been dropped?

Last edited:

INC

The other side I'm curious about is they're going after GP Ultimate and releasing on PC as well as consoles. Where is the footage from first party games running on PCs? There is no need to wait on those but I suppose they want to put the console up front?

Halo was on a mid tier pc tho...........pc is front and centre for xbx atm

GloveSlap

Everything is crazy. No matter what console. We dont know the price of the consoles and peripherals, how and when preorders will be up, the release date, the exact list of launch games, etc. And these consoles will supposedly release in 10 weeks.
This has definitely been the weirdly secretive console launch i can remember. It feels like MS and Sony are playing chicken on the price reveal. Neither wants to be undercut i guess.

Halo was on a mid tier pc tho...........pc is front and centre for xbx atm

PC is firmly in their roadmap but where is the gameplay from their studios? When you show games you show their best version. If they're launching on PC they should show high end PC gameplay, not dev kit BS.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Whats even more surprising is that the Xbox Series S haven't been announced yet. Do devs even have dev kits for the Series S?

Edit: have the online paywall been dropped?
There are no Series S dev kits, just performance profiles on the Series X kits since it's the same basic hardware just with.....less.

NullZ3r0

Banned
Phil need to be fired. Bring back Peter Moore

And I don't like the arrogance of Geoff Keighley against XBOX. The xbox team need to boycott him and silence him with the quality of their product.

Is definitively attack to xbox.

Fuck Phil !

He's mad because Xbox skimped on his weak-ass Summer of Lame.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm day one for Xbox Series X regardless but all those Xbox fans are right, they should be showing games running off Xbox Series X. Maybe they'll do it with a side by side comparison when they reveal Series S is the only reason I can think of as to why they haven't shown gameplay running off Xbox Series X. But whatever, it is what it is.

I smell a rat.

No way they all come out at the same time saying the same thing.

If they're playing at some sort of schadenfude then that is some sort of new low. Its kinda sad how you can't be sure with these people.

Well if that's the case, given the timing and what they're all complaining about (as well as most of us ITT), then it can only lead to a good surprise: Series X gameplay on a Series X system at Gamescon 👍

It's what we've all been asking for anyway, so I wouldn't mind.

Nintendo has no problem with quality though, MS does.

They literally just released FS2020 and that's one of the highest-rated games (well, simulators) of the year. Also Gears, the Forza games, Ori, etc. Even Battletoads has reviewed pretty decently.

Not all of Nintendo's games are critical hits, either. Ultimately quality is dominated by subjection. Nintendo can never make a game like Forza Motorsport or FS2020, it's not in their DNA. MS can never make a game like Mario Odyssey or Smash Bros; it's not in their DNA. But all four of those are high-quality for their own reasons.

Last edited:

Bkdk

If they wanna give up the XSX then just made up their mind now and focus on the PC, showcase what AOE4 can do with everything on extreme settings.

Stuart360

Although its vastly exaggerated by certain sections, Microsoft have fucked up a bit, and neautered what was a surprising amount of goodwill and excitement the last few months leading upto next gen, with their decision to show little gameplay in both of their shows, and the Halo botch (although i respect them for delaying their flagship game).
They really need to pull back some of that goodwill over the next couple of months, and show some games running on XSX, give us a good price and release date, and confirm a nice selection of launch games.

The xbox will run games fine. This is just another xbox dogpile by the same characters on here that do this same stuff in every xbox thread. We get it xbox is DOOMED... DOOMED.... DOOMED. The PS5 is a gift from the gods and the generation is over. I'm actually beginning to think you guys aren't actually even excited about the PS5 because all you do is talk about how bad the xbox is.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
haha oh so now literally the entire gaming industry is not allowed to say anything about it? jesus christ lol. There hasn't even been any anonymous leaks of any issues. Also how do you know that first party devs would have been screaming about issues months ago?

Well there was that CryTek dev who spoke up. But generally yes, devs would stay quiet. Just like they had with their struggles on PS3 hardware.

Also how do you know that first party devs would have been screaming about issues months ago?

Have you met Craig?

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Well if that's the case, given the timing and what they're all complaining about (as well as most of us ITT), then it can only lead to a good surprise: Series X gameplay on a Series X system at Gamescon 👍

They literally just released FS2020 and that's one of the highest-rated games (well, simulators) of the year. Also Gears, the Forza games, Ori, etc. Even Battletoads has reviewed pretty decently.

Not all of Nintendo's games are critical hits, either. Ultimately quality is dominated by subjection. Nintendo can never make a game like Forza Motorsport or FS2020, it's not in their DNA. MS can never make a game like Mario Odyssey or Smash Bros; it's not in their DNA. But all four of those are high-quality for their own reasons.
We calling for flight simulator now....? Are we serious people...? Its a flight simulator....yay..... also for your orher list

Gears- nah, one of the other pillars that has fallen since coalition took over much like halo with 343
Forza- Absolutely, they kept MS head above water this gen
Ori- isnt AAA also ran like shit on xbox when launched
Battletoads-
200.gif

like come on, MS has a quality problem and most their games have been gamepass fodder. Sadly for every 1 MS "hit" I could name 2-3 sony or nintendo games that pass it with flying colours.

RyanEvans21

Maybe he is talking about Hardware?

Top Bottom