• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox community now asking Microsoft to show games running on Xbox Series X.

freefornow

And this is why Sony can get people to register for a chance to pre order and people clamoring for an email without knowing what the console has for outputs/inputs at rear, how the SSD is upgraded, what the cooling solution really is and how much noise the thing will make!
MS has just about laid their console bare and due to lack of actual gameplay demonstrated on the "most powerful" console, there is no real hype for the XSX.
Weirdest pre launch period ever!

Say what you will about these people, or Xbox fans or PS fans. There's people that care about Xbox and they do deserve to see gameplay on the machine they're looking foward to acquire. The fact that people have to demand it from MS is even worse, what the hell is MS doing?

Some of us do care, I do, I don’t care for them people from past history, well some of them. It’s their shit and phoney attitude, they have previously dismissed concerns from fans with shame tactics, branding people trolls , haters , negative, console warriors and so on.

How does anything truly improve if you push a narrative where a critical eye is frowned upon? If MS executives spoke to these folk privately asking their honest thoughts and feedback, would they carry on with the way they present themselves on social media? I dunno...

CamHostage

No you wouldn't... It's pretty much a third person walking simulator. It was played on a PC. I just played through a plague tale on PC and decided to use the controller because of the slower paced story driven nature of the game.

Well, you could play it either way on a PC, but either way, a pretty big duh on my part is that there was never a mouse cursor on screen and the scanning was analog, so whatever box The Medium demo was played on, they used a controller. Not an indicator, either way.

No at the bottom of trailer in may event it said represent equivalent experience to XSX. Which means similar spec pc

The trailer has that, but the July 23 "Dual-Reality Gameplay Showcase" video doesn't have any disclaimers, unless I missed it? Using a console for the play but having a vague "equivalent experience" PC version for the trailer is a little weird, but the PC would have higher res and more control for cutting a story trailer while console footage would be just fine for the walkthrough, so it'd makes sense to me if each was true. But it could just as reasonably all be PC footage up to now, in which case, we're still waiting...

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Well, you could play it either way on a PC, but either way, a pretty big duh on my part is that there was never a mouse cursor on screen and the scanning was analog, so whatever box The Medium demo was played on, they used a controller. Not an indicator, either way.

When you use a controller the mouse cursor gets disabled and disappears until you move the mouse again...

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
No need to show games running on your console when you are not releasing games.

JIGeIud.jpg

We have a product for people who want games: the PlayStation 5.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is good. MS fanboys have a blind loyalty to Microsoft and thats the part that irks me the most. There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy but you gotta stop drinking the koolaid after years of letdown. otherwise you will continue to let MS execs shit all over you with CG trailers and three years of zero exclusives.

I don't get it... so they can then say "Phil listens to us, look how consumer friendly and responsive Xbox are!" in unison?

I think it's more like Microsoft will react to all the negative PR that they have. Like they can just drop a video of someone playing games on the XSX. That kind of thing.

Okay? Still not worse than a launch that almost collapsed a division.

They still sold well for the first 1-2 years. You do realize Xbox is heading in a worse direction with no big games right? A lot of the X360 honeymoon love the hardcore had which kept the Xbox One afloat is almost dried up. While consumer will is not as negative, there are very little reasons to own the box come November. You can do a consumer policy reversal while having big exclusive games. You can't reverse not having big games.

Last edited:

The trailer has that, but the July 23 "Dual-Reality Gameplay Showcase" video doesn't have any disclaimers, unless I missed it? Using a console for the play but having a vague "equivalent experience" PC version for the trailer is a little weird, but the PC would have higher res and more control for cutting a story trailer while console footage would be just fine for the walkthrough, so it'd makes sense to me if each was true. But it could just as reasonably all be PC footage up to now, in which case, we're still waiting...
Let's be honest, if it was XSX footage they'd be shouting right now. It is not XSX footage.

GHG

Gold Member
I think it's more like Microsoft will react to all the negative PR that they have. Like they can just drop a video of someone playing games on the XSX. That kind of thing.

Well they need to do something sooner or later. You can't release a console without showing people what it can do prior to release... or can you?

---

DarkMage619 DarkMage619

SharpHandyDogfish-size_restricted.gif

Stop spamming reaction emojis for a moment and tell us what you think.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Is that what is happening? Strange I haven't seen anyone questioning if the Xbox Series X existed or not.
So what are people concerned about then? Developers have the dev kits. They have games that are going to release on day 1. They're not remotely showing any sign of having trouble with series x development.

If you aren't questioning if the console exists then what are you questioning? Do you think that the hardware doesn't work, yet we haven't heard anything from any of the third party studios saying as such? Do you think that the hardware was a lie and it's really only 6TF, yet we haven't heard anything from the third party studios as such? I'm just trying to understand the concern.

Well they need to do something sooner or later. You can't release a console without showing people what it can do prior to release... or can you?

---

DarkMage619 DarkMage619

SharpHandyDogfish-size_restricted.gif

Stop spamming reaction emojis for a moment and tell us what you think.

I definitely agree with that. It would relax alot if people if they showed games running on the console. It's really not to much to ask.

onQ123

So what are people concerned about then? Developers have the dev kits. They have games that are going to release on day 1. They're not remotely showing any sign of having trouble with series x development.

If you aren't questioning if the console exists then what are you questioning? Do you think that the hardware doesn't work, yet we haven't heard anything from any of the third party studios saying as such? Do you think that the hardware was a lie and it's really only 6TF, yet we haven't heard anything from the third party studios as such? I'm just trying to understand the concern.

How about taking the info for what it is & stop trying to come up with something else. the thread is about the Xbox Community wanting MS to show games running on Xbox Series X.

MrFunSocks

Banned
How about taking the info for what it is & stop trying to come up with something else. the thread is about the Xbox Community wanting MS to show games running on Xbox Series X.
lol "the xbox community" is 3 people on twitter now? And the thread about it feigning concern is made by you, one of the biggest playstation faithful on the site lol. Yeah it's really the "Xbox Community" that is concerned.

:messenger_kissing_smiling:

onQ123

lol "the xbox community" is 3 people on twitter now? And the thread about it feigning concern is made by you, one of the biggest playstation faithful on the site lol. Yeah it's really the "Xbox Community" that is concerned.

:messenger_kissing_smiling:

What do I have to do with Microsoft not showing games running on Xbox Series X? you want to make this about me to deflect from the facts.

levyjl1988

Banned
History is going to repeat itself. Xbox Series X will sell the same as Xbox One X. Microsoft will focus on GamePass.

Entroyp

Phil need to be fired. Bring back Peter Moore

And I don't like the arrogance of Geoff Keighley against XBOX. The xbox team need to boycott him and silence him with the quality of their product.

Is definitively attack to xbox.

Fuck Phil !

I’m sure Geoff is well intended and wants MS to pull their heads out of their asses and actually deliver instead of trash talking and taking empty jabs at Sony.

GHG

Gold Member

I can't tell if you're trolling or simply delusional.

All of the guys in the OP are mouthpieces for Xbox, they are some of the most popular community figures for the platform.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Why do you think this? What games have you seen?
Where are all the third party developers speaking out that they're having massive problems and can't get games running on their Series X dev kits that they have had for months and months and months? Don't you think something like that would have come out?

I don't need to see games because I know they'll be there. Again, unless you think that the console is some sort of clusterfuck that doesn't work based on literally nothing, yet not a single developer or publisher that has games releasing for it at any stage over the next few years has not said a single thing for some unknown reason, then why are you concerned?

I can't tell if you're trolling or simply delusional.

All of the guys in the OP are mouthpieces for Xbox, they are some of the most popular community figures for the platform.
lol "mouthpieces for xbox". They're not the "xbox community".

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Where are all the third party developers speaking out that they're having massive problems and can't get games running on their Series X dev kits that they have had for months and months and months? Don't you think something like that would have come out?

They might not be allowed to say anything. We know first party aren’t otherwise they’d have been screaming about issues months ago.

kyoji

I don't need to see games because I know they'll be there. Again, unless you think that the console is some sort of clusterfuck that doesn't work based on literally nothing, yet not a single developer or publisher that has games releasing for it at any stage over the next few years has not said a single thing for some unknown reason, then why are you concerned?

lol "mouthpieces for xbox". They're not the "xbox community".
How much does it pay to be in marketing at MS? is it salary or hourly based? How are the benefits? do they match 401k?

MrFunSocks

Banned
They might not be allowed to say anything. We know first party aren’t otherwise they’d have been screaming about issues months ago.
haha oh so now literally the entire gaming industry is not allowed to say anything about it? jesus christ lol. There hasn't even been any anonymous leaks of any issues. Also how do you know that first party devs would have been screaming about issues months ago?

How much does it pay to be in marketing at MS? is it salary or hourly based? How are the benefits? do they match 401k?
How much do sony pay you? Must be a fair bit since you and the same old group of posters are constantly on the offensive against MS.

Top Bottom