• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox console fails to start

JLB

Banned
Out of nowhere, ive got this error on my xbox.
Tried to factory reset, and got even worst: now i cant even continue playing offline.
Checked reddit and looks many people from all over the qorld are having the same problem.
Anyone affected around here? Any tip/clue what to do?

87huiB5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the program and got that. Said it failed to update but checked my settings and it said last update was 10/1 and last check was today. Tried starting twitch and it popped up again. Restarted and no problems now. Worked fine yesterday too.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
thats why i never like the Xbox consoles-

welll try to format the console.

in spanish.

Es la primera vez que te ha sucedido?, se fue la luz cuando estabas actualizando o descargando la actualizacion? por que podria ser que el disco duro se ha dañado, si es posible empezar a formatear seria lo mas conveniente, desconozco la consola pero como tengo ps4 es un modo de solucion, en caso de que aun persista, llama entonces al soporte tecnico de microsoft, preguntando, como es que te es imposible jugar offline, te aparece el mismo mensaje?

Are you in any of the beta test/ preview programs? It looks to affect normal users, not the ones enrolled on those programs.
So I just started back up and the console works fine but it seems like a bad update was pushed out or something. I can't go online without this update and when it tries to acquire/install it it fails.

JLB

Banned
thats why i never like the Xbox consoles-

welll try to format the console.

in spanish.

Es la primera vez que te ha sucedido?, se fue la luz cuando estabas actualizando o descargando la actualizacion? por que podria ser que el disco duro se ha dañado, si es posible empezar a formatear seria lo mas conveniente, desconozco la consola pero como tengo ps4 es un modo de solucion, en caso de que aun persista, llama entonces al soporte tecnico de microsoft, preguntando, como es que te es imposible jugar offline, te aparece el mismo mensaje?

(Spanish only)
Jugaba fifa 20, me fui a bañar, volvi para seguir y me encontre ese error. Probe hacer factory reser pero fue peor, ahora la opc de jugar offline desaparecio lol.
No hubo cortes de luz ni nada.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
(Spanish only)
Jugaba fifa 20, me fui a bañar, volvi para seguir y me encontre ese error. Probe hacer factory reser pero fue peor, ahora la opc de jugar offline desaparecio lol.
No hubo cortes de luz ni nada.

ok... i found this

Reactions: JLB

JLB

Banned
Cancel update and stay offline - connect to xbox live - check updates - rinse and repeat, took three goes for me.

Ive tried that and then took the decision to factory reset. Which was the worst possible option: now the continue playing offline option dissapeard.

JLB

Banned
Yeah you should have just waited, mine is fine now.

:/ Still not working around here. Since Im on Argentina, probably the updated fix didnt get pushed to the Brazilian servers yet. I think Ill need to wait and hope the current state of my console is not a another problem on top of this one.

Last edited:

Petrae

So many issues with Xbox hardware this gen. I really enjoy my Xbox One X... when it works. Unfortunately, there’s been a lot of problems.

— “Took too long to start” errors
— Discs won’t unlock installed games for use
— Slower-than-shit dashboard and UI
— More frequent XBL outages than last gen

While my older-than-dirt PS4 also has its problems (lock-ups during Rest Mode, three beeps when shutting down leads to hard drive rebuild at times), it’s been the more reliable platform than my newer and more expensive X. At least the discs work when I put them in, even if PSN is down.

So many issues with Xbox hardware this gen. I really enjoy my Xbox One X... when it works. Unfortunately, there’s been a lot of problems.

— “Took too long to start” errors
— Discs won’t unlock installed games for use
— Slower-than-shit dashboard and UI
— More frequent XBL outages than last gen

While my older-than-dirt PS4 also has its problems (lock-ups during Rest Mode, three beeps when shutting down leads to hard drive rebuild at times), it’s been the more reliable platform than my newer and more expensive X. At least the discs work when I put them in, even if PSN is down.
That's the thing about anecdotes, they don't really mean anything because everyones experience is going to be totally different.

I've had basically the same amount of issues or lack thereof on both the base Xbox One and PS4 and subsequently the X and Pro I replaced them with. They've been pretty problem free all gen, all models.

Live going down for a little over an hour because of a DDoS attack isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Panaphonics

Banned
How is this „news“? Just replace it. Microsoft will give you a new one for free. Got mine replaced out of warranty for free. Really nice

TLZ

Banned
I just got that error a few hours ago. Looks like it was trying to update but didn't work? I just clicked on stay offline, which took me to my dashboard. Then I signed into Xbox live from there and all was normal again.

If you have no luck fixing it yourself I strongly reccomend contacting xbox support even if it is out of warranty they have been known to be very generous with repairs or replacements of duff kit.

Top Bottom