• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Console Streaming now available worldwide to all insiders.

Kagey K

Banned

Xbox Insiders in all Xbox One-supported countries can try the preview and help shape the future of game streaming starting today. That means you can try out the Xbox Console Streaming (Preview)!

Xbox Console Streaming is our new system feature that enables you to play your owned and installed Xbox One games, including Xbox Game Pass titles, on your Android phone or tablet, streamed from your home console. We view the public preview as an important step in our journey to deliver game streaming to Xbox players around the world! We are learning from Xbox Insiders like you whenever you participate in these new technologies.

CAB_Life

Will try this out when it comes to Apple devices. Very cool stuff. Though in practice I only game when I’m “in” my gaming spot (couch/ tv). I almost never bring that type of entertainment with me to bed—not even when I had a Gameboy, DS or Vita.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Nice. This is the aspect I have been waiting for being in the preview since I do have a data cap.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been popping into this every now and again and I've been generally impressed with what I've seen. Especially since they kept adding more and more games to the beta.

Kagey K

Banned
I've been popping into this every now and again and I've been generally impressed with what I've seen. Especially since they kept adding more and more games to the beta.
This is console streaming (similar to remote play) so you can play anything on your console. Not XCloud where you are being fed off their servers.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is console streaming (similar to remote play) so you can play anything on your console. Not XCloud where you are being fed off their servers.
Oh my bad, I didn't catch that. Thought this was XCloud opening up to more locales.

Either way, Microsoft's streaming tech seems to be pretty ace.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm hoping this works streaming direct from xbox one but guessing it won't
It’s direct from your Xbox and then over your network. You have to perform some network tests to make sure it’s stable and fast enough to use it.

I just tried it for an hour and it was a really smooth experience. It honestly works better then I expected it too, I thought turn based RPGs would be the only thing I could play over it.

Dory16

Banned
Will try this out when it comes to Apple devices. Very cool stuff. Though in practice I only game when I’m “in” my gaming spot (couch/ tv). I almost never bring that type of entertainment with me to bed—not even when I had a Gameboy, DS or Vita.
I have a Lite on my bedside table and I always prefer to pick a book or even watch netflix on my tablet. Not sure if it's because I didn't grow up with video games in the bedroom.

Dory16

Banned
It’s direct from your Xbox and then over your network. You have to perform some network tests to make sure it’s stable and fast enough to use it.

I just tried it for an hour and it was a really smooth experience. It honestly works better then I expected it too, I thought turn based RPGs would be the only thing I could play over it.
Can I stream to my windows laptop if I'm in a room without tv?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

If it's coming over the network this isn't using your actual internet connection right? Or does it force it though the internet since you can play it "anywhere"

Edit: looks like the latter. God dman it I was hoping this would just let me stream in home to my phone.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
If it's coming over the network this isn't using your actual internet connection right? Or does it force it though the internet since you can play it "anywhere"

Edit: looks like the latter. God dman it I was hoping this would just let me stream in home to my phone.
I thought it would be just over the network if you are in the same house. Can’t see any reason why it would go out over the internet instead of over the network.

Haven’t looked that far into it though.

Got it ready to go on my s10e, but the controller synch was playing up (elite version 2) will try again later cos i Am interested in how it will perform with my shitty internet (australian)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I thought it would be just over the network if you are in the same house. Can’t see any reason why it would go out over the internet instead of over the network.

Haven’t looked that far into it though.

From what I have read and seen it doesn't know if it's on the same network or not like the stemming to a win 10 pc.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It's smart of them to use Xbox One users to test it, I expect this to be one of the launch features for the XSX which is pretty nice

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Functions the same as Remote Play, although so far it's been much, much more stable and playable for me using the same network I've used Remote Play on.
Also for leo-j leo-j , the difference is that this isn't constraint to your network. I can be on the train and stream my xbox game to my phone. That's the big difference. Microsoft's vision was, why would you use xcloud and stream from our servers, if you've already got a console at home. Just stream from that one, for free. While remote play both devices have to be on the same network, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Good news for anybody who wants to try out Xcloud. I personally have been really enjoying the preview. It works pretty good for a beta.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Also for leo-j leo-j , the difference is that this isn't constraint to your network. I can be on the train and stream my xbox game to my phone. That's the big difference. Microsoft's vision was, why would you use xcloud and stream from our servers, if you've already got a console at home. Just stream from that one, for free. While remote play both devices have to be on the same network, right?

Remote play did not have to be on the same network.

Shin

Banned
Played gears 5 on it for awhile today. Worked solid. $5 controller/phone holder was a great purchase
I was reading comments about this early this morning on a Dutch website, people seems to be impressed and praising it.
It's not my cup of tea, but there's a market for every gamer so more power to whoever gets it right.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Nobody can seem to confirm or deny if you're on the same network if it uses bandwidth. Can anybody here give it a shot?

Aidah

Didn't Phil say that on series x he expects people to buy a game and, while it's installing, use xCloud to jump straight in rather than have to wait a few hours. Should be just enough time to finish the character creation section.
Where does he say that? I mean Xcloud is based on One S hardware and I doubt they'll upgrade to Series X hardware for quite a while after the console comes out.

Top Bottom