• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Customer Service Horror Story #3,598

JB1981

So ... a few months back Major Nelson said MS would be replacing their POS defective wireless headsets free of charge. I took the man for his word (bad idea) and promptly gave MS customer support a ring. At first glance, it seemed like this process would be pretty painless. I told the agent on the phone that the wireless headset problems appeared to be pretty widespread - that every person I encountered on Xbox Live who used one stuck out like a sore thumb cause their headset would emit this whum-whum-whum buzzing/screaching noise. Surprisingly, the man did not require that I "troubleshoot" the problem and took me at my word. He gave me the relevant shipping information, told me that I had to cover one-way shipping and that I'd have my headset promptly replaced.

So I sent the box out, hoping that one day I'd see a new headset or maybe even my old one all repaired and ready to go. A week went by so I figured I'd give them a call and see what was up. They didn't receive the headset yet. No problem. It's the holiday season - things are probably backed up. Fine. 2 weeks later I call again - they confirm that they received the box but cannot locate the headset. Another week goes by - cannot locate the headset, waiting on an "email" from the service warehouse on the status of the headset. Another week goes by, "we apologize sir, but we are experiencing a major backlog due to returns/repairs." The next week I'm finally told that they "lost my headset" and that they are sending me a new one! Sounds good, right? You thought wrong. A few days pass and I'm sent an email saying that my wired headset should arrive in 7-10 business days. I call them immediately, knowing someone made a big mistake. I tell them that they're sending me the wrong headset, but I'm assured from the agent that it's a "compensation gift" and that my wireless headset is also on the way. My wired headset arrives, but another week later and still no wireless headset. I call again - I'm told it's in transit and to call back "in an hour" to find out the tracking number. Finally, I call today - 2 months later - and the girl i speak with tells me that the wired headset was a mistake and that it was never meant to be a gift. She tells me that they also tried to send me a ****ing controller . She apologizes for the "mix up" and assures me that I'll receive a call later today from a supervisor about my wireless headset. 2 months later - they lost my headset, sent me the wrong item, tried to send me an item i never wanted/asked to have replaced, and outright LIED to me about the wired one beign a gift. How is it possible that these people can be so ****ing incompetent?

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
It's usually harvard and MIT grads working xbox call centers. Weird that this would happen.

JB1981

wasting said:
Noone cares

wastinghalo3-150k.gif

43 days and still waiting for my replacement 360. I'm going to give them ANOTHER call in an hour.

I'm ****ing pissed.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
They were ridiculously backed up during the holiday season. It must've been a madhouse. My hdd was received in McAllen Dec. 13 and I just got the refurb back yesterday. I also got inconsistent explanations, but I didn't actually earn anything other than 2 months of Live. I finally got one supervisor about 3 weeks ago who came clean and explained how bad things were in the amount of volume, and that my order had been misplaced, then marked as "completed" when nothing had shipped.

Top Bottom