• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the stirred together hype in the last few days... anyone want on the hype train?

yP4YvmJ.jpg

Yes, please.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I guessed in another thread that with the Surface team involved, new hardware wold be a chance to have no power supply. Good to see ekim all but confirm. Good stuff. Hopefully they've gotten over their fear of stuff blowing up.

Well, this is the first Xbox to be designed with Panos Panay leading the hardware division... I wouldn't put it past them.
Genius shouldn't be necessary. From rumors it seems the APU will be ~50% smaller and consequently much cooler. A 40% shrink of the case and internal power doesn't sound like a reach at all.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I guessed in another thread that with the Surface team involved, new hardware wold be a chance to have no power supply. Good to see ekim all but confirm. Good stuff. Hopefully they've gotten over their fear of stuff blowing up.

You mean we can finally stop hearing complaining about something people put behind their TV and never mess with again?

NrzzH2k.jpg

I like the external power brick, I like the removable batteries, I like the fact the controller doesn't have a mic/speaker/glowing light so the batteries last for ages. Let them complain.

EvB

How the fuck did the slim drop 40% of its size and get the power supply inside?

Unless it's something else.

40% smaller than an Xbox and the PSU combined. That's how. Don't expect a 40% smaller box, you'll only be dissapointed.

FordGTGuy

Banned
it does suck having to drop extra on rechargable batteries.

And the power prick can get annyoying if your tv stand isnt high enough off the ground to hide it underneath

I can understand the problem with pay extra for batteries but I think everyone should have rechargeable AA Eneloops in their house anyway.

kingwingin

I can understand the problem with pay extra for batteries but I think everyone should have rechargeable AA Eneloops in their house anyway.
i just bought myself a charger and an extra set of batteries last week. I love being able to swap them out at will and the higher mAh rating is a godsend but that walmart employee had to pry that $40 from my hands

It's a thick one huh?
not sure how that happened haha

Really can't wait to hear about XB/Win10 Unification

Thats what I am most curious about.

Also, my only controller now randomly looks up in FPS games. Happens randomly, unsure whether I should wait to buy the new controller. Do people think it will be released during the conference or in the fall?

Coint me in on the hype train im really looking forward to the crackdown 3 news and to see how far the games come , gears 4 also im really liking the darker tone 4 is taking.

Yeah, I'm interested as well. I mean, you can sort of guess how it all will play out, but I wonder how far they will take it. PC streaming to Xbox? Xbox One system UI/infrastructure/"UWP" to Win10?

The two rumors are Xbox UI on Windows 10 (whatever that means exactly) and all 1st party Xbox Exclusive titles will be on PC via UWP.

RoKKeR

The two rumors are Xbox UI on Windows 10 (whatever that means exactly) and all 1st party Xbox Exclusive titles will be on PC via UWP.
I'd say that everything being on PC is all bit guaranteed, not sure about Xbox UI though.

I'm interested to see if there are any already released exclusives that they will being to PC. I know we have rumors of Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5...

Sydle

I'd say that everything being on PC is all bit guaranteed, not sure about Xbox UI though.

I'm interested to see if there are any already released exclusives that they will being to PC. I know we have rumors of Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5...

What, really?

After Stinkles said it's not happening because it wasn't built with PC in mind and it would throw off their current production schedules?

Are we sure it's not like Forza 6 Apex and just a part of Halo 5? It would not surprise me one bit if they got the MP on Windows 10 and left the campaign out.

As I've mentioned before, really hoping that mods are part of the "things we've never done before". With the new ground Bethesda's made in bringing mod-support to consoles, and MS merging their Xbox and PC stores, an "Xbox Mod Workshop" would be incredible, and something that unlike their other two big competitors, they'd be well-situated to pull-off. It would also ameliorate many concerns people have with both the Windows Store, and the Xbox-PC unification. If bringing Xbox games to PC meant mods on home-consoles, I think you'd find audiences supporting universal Xbox games far more.

Just think of the possibilities:

Scalebound with effectively infinite custom quests, new areas, weapons, dragons - hell, hate the protag? Replace him.

Dead Rising 4 with a constant influx of bizarre weapons, vehicles, playspaces and zombies.

Perhaps Sea of Thieves and future Gears games too. MS have a ton of games running on Unreal Engine 4. Implement it into your UE4 Xbox dev tools.

Would be so good.

Sydle

As I've mentioned before, really hoping that mods are part of the "things we've never done before". With the new ground Bethesda's made in bringing mod-support to consoles, and MS merging their Xbox and PC stores, an "Xbox Mod Workshop" would be incredible, and something that unlike their other two big competitors, they'd be well-situated to pull-off. Additionally it would also ameliorate a lot of the concerns people have with both the Windows Store, and the Xbox-PC unification. If bringing Xbox games to PC meant mods on home-consoles, I think you'd find far more people supporting universal Xbox games.

Scalebound with effectively infinite custom quests, new areas, weapons, dragons - hell, hate the protag? Replace him.

Dead Rising 4 with a constant influx of bizarre weapons, vehicles, playspaces and zombies.

Would be so good.

This never crossed my mind before. I hope this happens.

RoKKeR

What, really?

After Stinkles said it's not happening because it wasn't built with PC in mind and it would throw off their current production schedules?

Are we sure it's not like Forza 6 Apex and just a part of Halo 5? It would not surprise me one bit if they got the MP on Windows 10 and left the campaign out.
I have it on good authority from multiple sources that Halo 5 will be coming to PC.

The next mainline game is supposedly years away.
*shrug*

Guess we'll find out.

As I've mentioned before, really hoping that mods are part of the "things we've never done before". With the new ground Bethesda's made in bringing mod-support to consoles, and MS merging their Xbox and PC stores, an "Xbox Mod Workshop" would be incredible, and something that unlike their other two big competitors, they'd be well-situated to pull-off. It would also ameliorate many concerns people have with both the Windows Store, and the Xbox-PC unification. If bringing Xbox games to PC meant mods on home-consoles, I think you'd find audiences supporting universal Xbox games far more.

Perhaps Sea of Thieves and future Gears games too. MS have a ton of games running on Unreal Engine 4. Implement it into your UE4 Xbox dev tools.

Would be so good.

holy crap I never thought of something like this

SOR5

Would be so good.

nice idea

Granjinha

Would be so good.

That would be awesome.

Suddenly Dragon Punch's credibility has taken a blow.

Why? The mods already verified him. Also, his stuff about Dead Rising 4 seems spot on.

The ideal scenario for me: They bring the games over with cross-play, launch them from the Xbox app.

That way they turn Xbox into another competing system on PC with Steam and Origin.

Likely this will just be Xbox exclusive titles that get brought over. Then again if they could bring all of the Xbox games over that would be great. Would get confusing however to have both an Xbox and Steam version of Assassins Creed or something. If it is just the first party exclusives then I will be stuck buying the next Xbox because I can't drop consoles until I can play Destiny on PC.

Because Stinkles already called him out on his claim that Halo 5 is coming to pc.

Stinkles says a lot of things...

I still remember all the stuff he denied which turned out to be true after all...

Halo CEA, Halo 2 Anniversary etc...

Seriously, what the fuck happened to Poncho Chief? They show a big reveal teaser, they talk about the poncho in interviews, they even released a fucking figurine! You can't just let that shit disappear and pretend it never happened. I need an explanation. Frankie, where you at?
,, ,

Development hell...

There was a Rumor when Tim Longo joined 343, they had to redesign the entire Campaign Story etc...

Wouldnt surprise me if true.

jelly

I'm kinda hoping Halo MCC gets a mega update, long shot I know but they haven't done anything with it for ages which could just be them forgetting it exists but I hope they went dark because it was getting the attention it needs, maybe even Reach, Halo 3 updates and super long shot, a PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom