• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the hype train please. Really hope crackdown 3 impresses and they move on to Scorpio totally. They lost this gen. No reason to continue it. Oculus vr support for Scorpio seems a given. With Microsoft and Facebook going in together then I think Sony is in trouble with that much $ against them.

Very interested in crackdown 3, sea of thieves, Forza horizon 3, sky rim remake, a new elder scrolls hopefully, and mass effect 4. Also some interest in gears of war 4 but I really haven't liked the new setting as much as the previous one from what I've seen. Hopefully they sell it to me. Would love some Scorpio graphics teases with Forza and halo 6.

mike4001_

Am I the only one who has the feeling that 90 minutes are not really going to cut it?

We have around 8-10 games which are expected.

There will obviously be some game surprises.

Platform news for the current console

Strategy Xbox <-> PC

New Hardware Annoucements (Slim, Streaming Sticks, possibly Scorpio)

New BC annoucements

Expected Oculus rift partnership

Wrynnax

This is at the exact time as the first european championship match of our belgian Red Devils. Priorities...or just tv in the background and watch the conference on tablet...talk about first world problems!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Am I the only one who has the feeling that 90 minutes are not really going to cut it?

Strategy Xbox <-> PC

New BC annoucements

They will do it like in the past, send out all the second tier stuff on sunday. Like indie games, the new hardware, BC.

Bru

A ticket for one to the hype train please!

It's been a hectic couple of weeks and E3 has kind of snuck up on me this year, can't believe we are just a few days away.

They will do it like in the past, send out all the second tier stuff on sunday. Like indie games, the new hardware, BC.

Aye. They dropped some pretty chunky stuff in the week leading up to E3 last year, leading some to get really hyped about what they were holding in reserve.

I'd like any non-gaming and non-Scorpio console stuff dropped beforehand. So anything to do with the Xbox stick...just get it out there. Same with the slim, new controller and DVR UI stuff. They are just wasting time that should be taken up by games.

Of course, if they were feeling forced into an early Scorpio announcement, that would be different. But anything other than that, hardware-wise, get it out early and clear the decks for software.

Controller hopes -

Standardize the Elite. Except sell all the extra paddles and stuff seperately to keep costs down. Make lot's of cool accessory packs with different themes for different games etc.

Built in mic for Cortana commands.

Add screenshot / video sharing buttons ala DS4.

Make it forward compatible with the upcoming Scorpio (almost a certainty anyway).

Adjustable stick sensitivity (unlikely).

blakep267

Strategy Xbox <-> PC

New BC annoucements

They'll have enough time

- I thinknForza Horizon only gets a sizzle real and not an actual gameplay segment at the conference

- Battlefield and Dishonored segments aren't going to be long probably since they'll have already been shown

- BC stuff is likely to be a press release right before the show

- I don't expect an oculus partnership to be announced because that would mean also unveiling the scorpio which I don't think will happen

Also look at this. The Recore trailer last year was 3 minutes long. The halo demo was 6 minutes. So you're really only adding 2-3 minutes into the trailer length for a gameplay segment

Also the gears 4 demo was almost 7 minutes long. You can devote that same time to another gears campaign demo this year

BKSmash

This is at the exact time as the first european championship match of our belgian Red Devils. Priorities...or just tv in the background and watch the conference on tablet...talk about first world problems!

But that match starts at 9, and this conference is at 06.30? It's tougher for me, my country's team starts playing at 6 sadly.

Scanna

Go azzurri! (we're gonna lose lol)

Wrynnax

But that match starts at 9, and this conference is at 06.30? It's tougher for me, my country's team starts playing at 6 sadly.

You're right, Ireland-Sweden is at 6 appearantly, I had it the other way around! Hooray! So it'll be MS-conference-food-soccer-Ubi conference-waiting till 3am-Sony conference.
I can think of worse television nights :)

ekim

I hope that rumored Xbox stick lets you stream games from your Xbox One. That would be the killer app for me

About that stick - I don't think it exists. I could be wrong but at the moment there is nothing supporting this outside of Brad Sams' rumor. Same for the set top box.

rob305

I hope that rumored Xbox stick lets you stream games from your Xbox One. That would be the killer app for me

I hope it doesnt just let you stream games on the same wifi, but over the internet. Imagine plugging the stick into your work monitor's HDMI and playing xbox games running at home

JaggedSac

About that stick - I don't think it exists. I could be wrong but at the moment there is nothing supporting this outside of Brad Sams' rumor. Same for the set top box.

That is the thing, Sams' info was pretty much completely separate from the gaming news outlets' info. If he did have legit sources, it wasn't developers like Kotaku or Polygon. Sams has sources from inside MS in a variety of areas and these hardware things would be of no use to tell devs about.

Last year, the Friday before E3, MS put out a news post detailing some games which would not be at E3, and instead be at Gamescom. I wonder if they'll do something similar this year? With so many games on the table, it's good to set expectations about which games have been pushed to Gamescom for their big showings.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Eh, Italy v. Belgium is 30 min after the Microsoft conference.

Leflus

Still not hyped.
Crackdown 3 will save E3. Believe!

I have an oral exam (didactics) on the 15th. E3 is going to make it hard to focus on studying. Oh well.. at least MS' conference won't start ungodly late for me.

As per tradition I will have off this day and enjoy the megatons. I think my snack will be a nice Italian Hoagie since I live in the Philly area.

I'm kinda hoping Halo MCC gets a mega update, long shot I know but they haven't done anything with it for ages which could just be them forgetting it exists but I hope they went dark because it was getting the attention it needs, maybe even Reach, Halo 3 updates and super long shot, a PC version.

It is ridiculous that the game is still not completely fixed.

gamz

That is the thing, Sams' info was pretty much completely separate from the gaming news outlets' info. If he did have legit sources, it wasn't developers like Kotaku or Polygon. Sams has sources from inside MS in a variety of areas and these hardware things would be of no use to tell devs about.

I'm pretty sure Kotaku and Polygon sources was Brad Sams. They just made news form his podcast news. Probably why their stories came out right after Sams broadcast.

jbug617

Banned
So we all guess Gears 4 will probably open their conference, so what do you think will close it this year? The past 2 years it was Crackdown 3 and Gears 4 as closers. Both were game announcements

Zedox

I'm pretty sure Kotaku and Polygon sources was Brad Sams. They just made news form his podcast news. Probably why their stories came out right after Sams broadcast.

No, they just corroborated his story. They went out with their stories after him because usually when that type of stuff happens, other bloggers reveal their news to get more clicks

SOR5

No, they just corroborated his story. They went out with their stories after him because usually when that type of stuff happens, other bloggers reveal their news to get more clicks

Theres a bit of a "No, you go first" thing with bloggers+leaked info so they can avoid being punished

JaggedSac

Nah, neither Kotaku or Polygon mentioned the two smaller streaming boxes and Sams didn't mention the name Scorpio or Project Helix or 5 - 6 tf. That info came from a developer meeting. Definitely different sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom