• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbudz

I wonder if the design of the slim Xbox will be an indication of what sort of look the Scorpio will have.

gamz

lol

Just to make it clear - Scorpio will be *talked* about.

tumblr_mv0aonff3t1slgwnjo1_250.gif

Chris1

No, there is no such mandate.

Never got the belief that if they announce/tease Scorpio, it has to be this year. THEY CANT KILL XBOX ONE SAELS.
You think it won't? lol

There's a reason why basically every piece of hardware (phones, ipads, consoles, etc) are announced within 6 months of release.

Scorpio unlikely gents.

What choice do they have? The thing is coming spring 2017, they can't just let sony take the media by storm by being the only one to announce a new console.

They will probably will announce Scorpio and Slim and have a very aggressive proce for slim to try to hold on until scorpio hits.

I think it's going to be a game demo that show cases the POWER!

From the Scorpio thread, for the very few who missed this:

It [Scorpio] aint going to be there [E3].

Define "won't be there."

Also nice read in this context:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/8/11...-e3-2016-press-conference-new-console-preview

Alongside the usual teasers of upcoming games, Microsoft looks to launch a wide range of new Xbox hardware this year. Rumors suggest the first new device we’ll see is a slimmer and smaller version of the current Xbox One. Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell us that it will be around 40 percent smaller than the current model, and will likely support 4K video playback. Microsoft previously created a slimmer version of its popular Xbox 360 console, so an Xbox One Slim isn’t exactly surprising. What might be surprising is what’s inside. Microsoft could opt to ditch its Kinect port or even the HDMI-in port it uses for TV set-top box controls.

A new, more powerful, console is expected next year, and it’s currently codenamed Scorpio. Although it’s unlikely we’ll see exact specifications about Scorpio, a price point, or even what it looks like, Microsoft could outline how it plans to move toward a more PC-like upgrade cycle for the Xbox One. Microsoft is relying on its universal apps strategy to ensure future titles will still work on older Xbox One consoles, all while the company upgrades the components of the Xbox more regularly.

No, there is no such mandate.

Never got the belief that if they announce/tease Scorpio, it has to be this year. THEY CANT KILL XBOX ONE SAELS.

Will the announcement really kill sales though?

Who are the people buying Xbox Ones right now? Probably not the most informed consumers -- they either already have one or decided they didn't want one ages ago.

It's people at Costco and Best Buy and Target who will see a good discount and pick one up.

It'll probably hurt sales, but not outright kill them.

Plus I'm sure the powers that be have done the math on the lost XB1 console sales from 2016 being less than the value of lost mindshare and delayed Neo purchases.

wachie

You think it won't? lol

There's a reason why basically every piece of hardware (phones, ipads, consoles, etc) are announced within 6 months of release.
I'm saying there is no mandate that if they talk about it next Monday, it HAS TO BE THIS YEAR!

Shall we place some avatar bets?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You think it won't? lol

Hold up, you think if they talk about Scorpio it'll get released this year? Ahaha not a freaking chance unless they plan on burying the XB1 much sooner than expected.

wachie

Who are the people buying Xbox Ones right now? Probably not the most informed consumers -- they either already have one or decided they didn't want one ages ago.

It's people at Costco and Best Buy and Target who will see a good discount and pick one up.

It'll probably hurt sales, but not outright kill them.

Plus I'm sure the powers that be have done the math on the lost XB1 console sales from 2016 being less than the value of lost mindshare and delayed Neo purchases.
There will most likely have a new Slim, Stick and Set-top boxes at new price points. So it (Scorpio) will not be a complementary device. It will help flesh out the top-end of the Xbox brand at the same time putting a dampening on Sony's night. Atleast that is what the intention seems to be and it may pay off very well.

I said earlier that I was looking forward to the Xbox Media briefing, I cant wait!

Chris1

I'm saying there is no mandate that if they talk about it next Monday, it HAS TO BE THIS YEAR!

Shall we place some avatar bets?
What does "talk about it" constitute? If it's the same vague shit Phil said a few month ago that doesn't actually answer anything? then no. If they go semi in-depth with Scorpio saying a far more powerful xbox one will be released soon/2017 then sure.

You don't have to be the most informed once MS reveals Scorpio. It'll be all over the news etc, they'll be informed.

Hold up, you think if they talk about Scorpio it'll get released this year? Ahaha not a freaking chance unless they plan on burying the XB1 much sooner than expected.
What's the difference they'd be burying the xbox one anyways.

They aren't announcing a more powerful console this year due next year when they're coming out with a slim and Gears. At least if Scorpio comes out this year they can focus on selling Scorpio and use the slim as nothing more than ability to advertise $250+ or whatever the price will be.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So since they will talk about it at E3 does this mean it's much more likely to launch in Spring instead of Fall?

Wait, whaaaaaaat.

I just don't see why you would believe that. I mean, wishful thinking, but where would it be from? What game would it be? And that wound up back firing big time for Watch_Dogs, as they never matched the graphical fidelity of that initial reveal, not even on PC.

It doesn't make sense to show a game for the console that ( Honestly - every X1 game will be for the system. Its an iterative console) and not talk about the system itself. If its not gonna be at E3, its cause its not ready.

Why wouldn't you? Think about it:

• Publishers want to put their best foot forward:
  • Microsoft knows that a new console will be coming (probably during Fall 2017); and
  • Microsoft will certainly announce a game that won't release until Fall 2017 or Spring 2018.

It only makes sense that we'll see a trailer of a game that is going to be released later next year or early 2018 that features graphical detail not possible on the Xbox One.

FordGTGuy

Banned
So since they will talk about it at E3 does this mean it's much more likely to launch in Spring instead of Fall?

If it was going to launch Holiday 2017 then E3 2017 would make much more sense. If launching in Spring 2017 this E3 would be the biggest venue to announce it.

d2pXHqe.gif

wachie

What does "talk about it" constitute? If it's the same vague shit Phil said a few month ago that doesn't actually answer anything? then no. If they go semi in-depth with Scorpio saying a far more powerful xbox one will be released soon/2017 then sure.
They will talk about it in the sense of "more powerful box" coming some time later. It won't be like Spencer's vague comments.

In for the bet?

Chris1

They will talk about it in the sense of "more powerful box" coming some time later. It won't be like Spencer's vague comments.

In for the bet?
Sometime later? That's common sense, Phil on record saying there's going to be a next gen xbox. That doesn't say much depending on the context. That's just as vague as phil original comments.

I'll do it if they give a rough time frame (yearly iterations,2017,soon,etc). If releases 2016 I win If not you do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom