• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam777

Better not be $499, we will be getting shafted in UK.
If it is $499 but includes the elite controller and a game that would be more acceptable for me.

panda-zebra

Going to be honest here. Will buy Project Scorpio at whatever price it releases.

Hoping it's $399 so that it has a higher chance of being successful which in turn keeps the industry healthy, competitive, and exciting.

Well that's the thing here. It's not difficult to see a $399 scorpio given the specs it seems bang on. But MS can easily sell 2m Scorpios this year, whether that's at $399, $449 and maybe $499, because there's that core userbase that are going to have this no matter what.

That's up to $200,000,000.00... they can bring about 4 massive games for that.

jdmonmou

It'll be interesting to see if Scorpio has an effect on their Play-Anywhere programme.

Still not sure if I'll buy one since I've got a similarly capable PC, which may even be notably more powerful by release if I can upgrade to Vega.

Well, it's been rumored that the Scorpio is just a Windows 10 PC made for your entertainment center. If true, it would make sense why they launched Play Anywhere. Despite what happens, I really hope they continue to put their exclusives on PC. I admit, I was confused and disappointed by that decision initially. But since then I've sold my Xbox One and don't want to have to spend $499 on a Scorpio to play the next Forza or Halo.

Is this info out already or already proved from rumour
tuHVG3k.png

jftNozF.png

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
It'll be interesting to see if Scorpio has an effect on their Play-Anywhere programme.

Still not sure if I'll buy one since I've got a similarly capable PC, which may even be notably more powerful by release if I can upgrade to Vega.

I'm thinking developing for Scorpio will help the quality of the PC ports get more consistent than they have been so far. I don't think they're going to go back to limiting new first-party games to the console side.

Well, it's been rumored that the Scorpio is just a Windows 10 PC made for your entertainment center. If true, it would make sense why they launched Play Anywhere. Despite what happens, I really hope they continue to put their exclusives on PC. I admit, I was confused and disappointed by that decision initially. But since then I've sold my Xbox One and don't want to have to spend $499 on a Scorpio to play the next Forza or Halo.

Yeah. I was a bit dissappointed as well, seeing how I'd bought an Xbone to play exclusives. But as a multi-platform gamer, I like how it reduces the number of platforms I need to access my games.

go into your account on Mixer and there will be an option to link your Microsoft account to it.

Ya if you go into account settings there's an option to link your microsoft account, don't know if you can do that on mobile or if you have to do it on a PC.
Thanks both, the mobile app didn't allow it but mobile browser did, linked and ready to go,

never using the service how reliable has it been? I know last year twitch had trouble keeping up with demand but youtube was solid

Norse

Ok, PG 169 was last I've read. See you all in little over 7 hrs to celebrate a great conference.

#449 if it retains display of devkit.

Thanks both, the mobile app didn't allow it but mobile browser did, linked and ready to go,

never using the service how reliable has it been? I know last year twitch had trouble keeping up with demand but youtube was solid

I doubt Mixer has ever had this amount of people at once, especially for a 4k stream. We will all find out together I'm sure!

jbug617

Banned
Keighley putting it out his prediction (probably based on what he heard) could hinder MS conference. All people is talking about $499 and it's DOA.

how many hours until it starts? i always get the timezones wrong and miss stuff, like last night with EA.. i just never learn.

4 and 1/2 hrs

fantomena

THEY ARE MAKING EVERYONE BELIEVE IT'S 499 SO THEY CAN MIC DROP THE 399 THEY ARE PLAYING 4D CHESS CAN'T WAIT

499 is pretty bad if true

Strootman

Can't believe they are launching scorpio one year later the competition with a potential $150 more expensive price.

I can't believe it.

malfcn

I work today 2-11 eastern so I'm screwed.

Planning on leaving Xbox on with mixer open and hoping that works. Also checking in on mixer phone app or through Chrome (Firefox didn't work).

How long do we need to be logged in for freebies? Or will we have to interact? Stinks that working folk are going to potentially miss out.

Rolf NB

Aye worked for Sony with the PS4 months before e3 right? Thought so
Thought what exactly? PS4 got "introduced" Feb 20, announced (with price and picture gallery and release timeframe as "this holiday") Jun 11. Available Nov 15. All in the same year.

Microsoft has so far already taken a full year's E3 cycle between "announcing" and delivering on any one bare requirement of an announcement. There is no price, no images of the final design. All we have is the "holiday" release time frame.

That's the stage. I believe you had a bububu Sony too point you wanted to make. Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom