• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny is essentially an Open World instanced loot game that is what Sea of Thieves. If MS make Sea of Thieves F2P they have performed a Fable Legends and set it up to be cancelled.

We will have to agree to disagree. Destiny was quite enjoyable in my opinion, and I was interested from the beginning. SoT hasn't piqued my interest much at all outside of the coop nature and art style. In my eyes they have far more differences than similarities.

Trup1aya

We will have to agree to disagree. Destiny was quite enjoyable in my opinion, and I was interested from the beginning. SoT hasn't piqued my interest much at all outside of the coop nature and art style. In my eyes they have far more differences than similarities.

Just because you aren't interested doesn't change the fact that they appear to have structural similarities.

Open world, instanced, first person games with a heavy focus on co-op.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Halo 3 Anniversary free and with Play Anywhere, make money back by including REQ packs.
Xbox needs not one, but a few bomba announcements.

Assassin's Creed, Shadow of War and another game.

They can simultaneously get marketing deals and invest in first party. So, yeah.

Wow, I just went back and skimmed through last years E3 briefing for Microsoft and realized that the only 3rd party games they really showed that aren't independent games was:
BF1
Gwent
Tekken 7
FFXV

I mean I guess they had a plenty of first party stuff to show with (gears 4, FH3, KI, Recore, DR4, HW2, SoT, Scalebound, and Minecraft).

But still, 5 of of those games mentioned above are already out and one got canceled so it will be interesting to see how they fill the time if they don't have a lot of new 1st party that we just don't know about.

One thing they may do is spend time going through and showing footage from a list of games receiving a Scorpio patch, or going over new Scorpio software features
....not very inspiring, but that is one option.

I also I think it will be interesting to see how much they show of Sea of Thieves since they have already showed it at the past 2 E3 shows now.

tuna_love

Banned
ms would be crazy not to make another brute force game. loved that game, the cool lizard, the cunt who dual wields, the stealth lady and the other guy. so good

Other "insiders" have said that and here we have you revealing that MS are pulling out all the stops. Hype level increasing!

I didn't reveal MS is pulling out all the stops. I was expressing surprise at another potential deal. I personally think its gonna be a subdued E3, unless you're excited for HW & services. But thats just my take.

Another game? Where'd you hear this?

At least MS is pulling out all the stops.
It is partially a gut feeling but no way MS only shows up with two third party titles and one of them is Shadow of War.

Even when Sony or MS say they have a focus on first party stuff, they still have a good amount of third party to accompany it.

I'm expecting a big third party title to go along with the two I mentioned.

Just because you aren't interested doesn't change the fact that they appear to have structural similarities.

Open world, instanced, first person games with a heavy focus on co-op.

Shooting + Open World elements =/= Destiny clone. The setting, inbuilt pvp, drastically different gear systems, world design and progression systems are just some of the things that make them similar only at skin depth. That's like saying that Bioshock and Halo are chasing the same audience because their perspective is the same and they contain guns.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Even three titles is pretty depressing, especially when one is rather weak.
Need some big stuff, Wolfenstein, Elder Scrolls, new Tomb Raider...etc.

Trup1aya

Shooting + Open World elements =/= Destiny clone. The setting, inbuilt pvp, drastically different gear systems, world design and progression systems are just some of the things that make them similar only at skin depth. That's like saying that Bioshock and Halo are chasing the same audience because their perspective is the same and they contain guns.

No one is arguing it's a destiny clone though... or even that they are chasing the same audience...

Just that they the are similar in structure. Destiny, The Division, and Sea of Theives are different takes on a similar idea- open world instanced co-op. I disagree with the "skin deep" line- it's the opposite. The similarities are at the foundation, but the setting, mechanics, and progressions systems are where they diverge.

Assassin's Creed, Shadow of War and another game.

They can simultaneously get marketing deals and invest in first party. So, yeah.

My guess was BioWare's Project Dylan, though it did just get a delay. Not sure if it's going to be at E3, but my guess is that MS will co-market it.

I'll also continue to say CyberPunk 2077, just because eventually it will be at E3. I hope.

Even three titles is pretty depressing, especially when one is rather weak.
Need some big stuff, Wolfenstein, Elder Scrolls, new Tomb Raider...etc.

In his article Jez says they have an EA unannounced game for the show. Only thing I can think of is Project Dylan?

farisr

It's really not when compared to the other third party games in question. I don't think The New Order sold nearly as well as shadow of mordor, and MS getting shadow of war's marketing wasn't even considered all that big in the grand scheme of things. Certainly not when put up against the likes of Assassins Creed, Fifa, Destiny, COD etc.

Ushay

In his article Jez says they have an EA unannounced game for the show. Only thing I can think of is Project Dylan?

Exactly what I was thinking. Dylan makes sense, especially with its online MMO focus.
Personally I just hope there is a top RPG in there somewhere.

gaming_noob

Corden keeps insisting Battlefront II will be 4K 60fps. I can't comprehend that yet.. I actually can't even imagine how mind blowing that will look.

Microsoft needs to do a better job marrying their executive leadership with creative types to green light more creative games. I like their IP but I'd much rather see something new and cool. Have Turn10 create a mario kart battler. Have Coalition try a story driven 3rd person action game. Leave 343 on Halo cause I need my fix. How many Forzas do you need a generation? You can just release DLC.
I'd rather have them work with sumo digital to make a carbon copy of Sega all stars but with Ms characters.

Then they would already start with a game that puts mk8 to shame and has a incredible potential to be a service as well.

Zukkoyaki

I'd rather have them work with sumo digital to make a carbon copy of Sega all stars but with Ms characters.

Then they would already start with a game that puts mk8 to shame and has a incredible potential to be a service as well.

If they took inspiration from games like MK8 and Diddy Kong Racing (in terms of challenge, content and battle modes) from Rare back in the day and included characters like Banjo, Blinx and Conker, that could really be something! Good call!

Corden keeps insisting Battlefront II will be 4K 60fps. I can't comprehend that yet.. I actually can't even imagine how mind blowing that will look.

A (presumingly) $400 box that plays a large scale and very high fidelity game such as Battlefront 2 at 4k/60 in 2017 is pretty awesome.

I don't really want a full blown gears RPG. I think it should just be more along the lines of. Rise of the tomb raider. Open world hubs with crafting mechanics. The guns and armor have stats, but you aren't adding numbers to your characters abilities etc

A metroidvania Gears sounds interesting and more feasible to develop witthing 3 years.

This sorts great, and it'd a good fit for the setting to boot. New TR is Gears-Adjacent anyway, making a game that takes that up a notch would be fantastic.

Destiny is essentially an Open World instanced loot game that is what Sea of Thieves. If MS make Sea of Thieves F2P they have performed a Fable Legends and set it up to be cancelled.

Sea of Thieves isn't a loot game, though. Or at least they've said it's not. We'll see how/if that changes.

Crimson Skies plz. Even just a remaster would be great. Also my dream would be a Lost Odyssey 2.

Crimson Skies. I've been screaming this from the mountain tops.

Crimson skies with scorpuo visuals could be absolutely breathtaking.

God, yes. I haven't played a good combat arcade shooter in FOREVER and it'd be super easy to GaaS it up without destroying the cool parts.

Please no. Those are an embarrassment.

You're an embarrassment!

(They're corny but fun).

Zeta Oni

Please no. Those are an embarrassment.

3e3.jpg

It's good fun. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yoday

My guess was BioWare's Project Dylan, though it did just get a delay. Not sure if it's going to be at E3, but my guess is that MS will co-market it.

I'll also continue to say CyberPunk 2077, just because eventually it will be at E3. I hope.
I agree on Cyberpunk. I'm not convinced it will be there this year, but I'm half expecting it and wouldn't be surprised at all if it showed up. It's still likely a a late 2018 game at Best, but I think they will show more sooner than later.

Another game? Where'd you hear this?

At least MS is pulling out all the stops.
Shinobi and Jez mentioned it, I can only guess it's something more mid-tier like Wolfenstein

I'm guessing Madden, Shadow of War, Assassins Creed, Wolfenstein

Maybe it's weird that all their partners are SP games while Sony is gunning for the MP ones but I guess you take what you can get heh

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh shit, Splinter Cell Conviction is on sale on the Xbox Marketplace.
E3 announcement here we go boooooooois.

I did a questionnaire the other week for a company related to games testing and they asked a lot of questions about mech games and my thoughts/feelings on them.

MS bringing back Mechwarrior/Mech Assault would be sweet.

I keep hearing Armored Core being thrown around lately. Is something new coming there from From?

What they can't deliver in software this year they will have to make up with service and value.

If they don't come out guns blazing, they won't gain the momentum they need to increase their MAU.

What they can't deliver in software this year they will have to make up with service and value.

If they don't come out guns blazing, they won't gain the momentum they need to increase their MAU.

Heavily disagree. They've already done a great job in terms of services/value. Really the only thing lacking right now is OG Xbox BC and... bringing said services to PC. ( which doesn't matter if you're an Xbox owner )

They. must. deliver. on. software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom